PappyTron

The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

961 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

The Australian football team really is nicknamed the Soccerroos :lol: That must have taken all of 5 seconds to dream up. Living upside down must do strange things to a person's brain :lol:

Western Australia Cricket Team, the glorious team of Lillee and Marsh, re-branded themselves two-three years ago as (drum roll),

''alcoholthinkagain. Western Warriors''.

The odd use of lower-case and punctuation mark is theirs.

Fantasy team

Heaton

Luiz   Oatemendi  Baiiley  Cahill

Sanchez.      Herrera.       Mirallas

Rooney.   Lacazette.       Lukaku

New team:

Foster

Walker David Luiz Daniels Lindelhof

Countinho Herrera Ali Zaha

Lukaku Lacazette

Posted (edited)

Headed to the Derby in Houston on Thursday..... Anyone think ill get my ass kicked or yelled at if I wear my new Liverpool jeresy? Not really a fan of any on the Manchester teams, but I am a fan of the PL brining more games state side! 

and yes I know this is soccer, i can take a little banter and bullshit, but I don't want it to totally wreck the experience just because I wore the kit of my favorite team. Im thinking since its the U.S., no one is going to give a shit

Edited by KeyserSoze

Posted (edited)

I dont think football fans in the us are going to kick anybodys ass. Most of them probably won't even know what or where liverpool is, seeing as its texas.

Edited by xBrownstonex
1 person likes this

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Headed to the Derby in Houston on Thursday..... Anyone think ill get my ass kicked or yelled at if I wear my new Liverpool jeresy? Not really a fan of any on the Manchester teams, but I am a fan of the PL brining more games state side! 

and yes I know this is soccer, i can take a little banter and bullshit, but I don't want it to totally wreck the experience just because I wore the kit of my favorite team. Im thinking since its the U.S., no one is going to give a shit

Man Utd and Liverpool fans hate each other. I would just wear a 'normal' shirt with no team on it. 

1 person likes this

Is there many Mancunians going to be there? 

I would definitely not wear a Liverpool shirt around the away supporters of Utd. 

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

I dont think football fans in the us are going to kick anybodys ass. Most of them probably won't even know what or where liverpool is, seeing as its texas.

Then you have more hardcore fans from Europe who travels to the US to follow the matches there, like my brother. They will probably enjoy a solitary scouser.

8 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Anyone up for a fantasy football league this season?

i'll have a go

On 18/07/2017 at 4:58 PM, KeyserSoze said:

Please do not do it. It is just not the thing to do. Take my word for it.