The Official SOCCER Thread 2016/2017

PappyTron

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It's not Neymar's fault, he is getting paid what people are willing to pay him.   I agree with the rest of your sentiment, this what has happened to sports in the US some time ago. 

The players are paid so much, they are disconnected from the populous.  But, its not the fault of those getting paid.  

If someone offered you 1 million dollars a year to jerk off every day, I know you'd do it.  But, it would certainly disconnect you from the rest of the people.  But, it isn't your fault, it's the fault of whoever is willing to overpay you for that activity.

I know he is not at fault, firstly the fucking clubs and their owners. But he is participating in this greedy game. By forcing himself out of barca more or less. 

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

I know he is not at fault, firstly the fucking clubs and their owners. But he is participating in this greedy game. By forcing himself out of barca more or less. 

You're right, he does have a bit of accountability in it as well.  That is a good point.  I happen to love Neymar (and dislike Barca) so I'm happy!   :)

I cannot watch football because it, the highroller clubs, the prima donna players, the greed, the agents and shady transfer deals, the diving, the prawn sandwich brigade fanbase, is so utterly divorced from anything I can relate to. The only football I'd be willing to watch would be non-league football, proper pukka pie and bovril stuff. Similar reason why I can no longer listen to guns and roses really haha.

On 8/6/2017 at 3:36 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot watch football because it, the highroller clubs, the prima donna players, the greed, the agents and shady transfer deals, the diving, the prawn sandwich brigade fanbase, is so utterly divorced from anything I can relate to. The only football I'd be willing to watch would be non-league football, proper pukka pie and bovril stuff. Similar reason why I can no longer listen to guns and roses really haha.

They both turned into big business

On 06/08/2017 at 9:36 PM, DieselDaisy said:

As long as there's 11 on 11, a ball between em and a goal down either end I'm watching.  Yeah there's stuff around it thats a load of cobblers but I suppose it all boils down to what you go for...and I go for the game.  As for GnR, well they're just plain shite.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

As long as there's 11 on 11, a ball between em and a goal down either end I'm watching.  Yeah there's stuff around it thats a load of cobblers but I suppose it all boils down to what you go for...and I go for the game.  As for GnR, well they're just plain shite.

...and the Pukka Pie.

• Like 1

Has it not been a fuckin bangin opening weekend?  And people ask why we say this is the best league in the fuckin world, look at the fuckin games we put out there. Listen I aint gonna chat shit and say we got the best teams but in terms of entertaining football, seriously, the arsenal game, the chelsea game, the liverpool, are you not fuckin entertained?  What would yous rather, Ligue 1, La Liga, the fuckin Italian lot?  Would you fuck, the Prem is fuckin' bangin', so glad its back!

Bit of a shit sunday from a Len perspective with the Spuds win but here we go with United vs The Hammers, lets see if we can't warm it up a bit here!

And a nice little Classico to top the night off, love it!  I need to fuckin get up The Emirates this season, was hardly there last time round.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Has it not been a fuckin bangin opening weekend?  And people ask why we say this is the best league in the fuckin world, look at the fuckin games we put out there. Listen I aint gonna chat shit and say we got the best teams but in terms of entertaining football, seriously, the arsenal game, the chelsea game, the liverpool, are you not fuckin entertained?  

Nah, I'd rather have my knackers nailed to the ceiling. :lol:

• Like 1

On 14. 08. 2017. at 8:34 PM, moreblack said:

Pique was at fault for so much yesterday. His best days may be behind him. Take that Neymar money and invest it wisely.

Well they started great - Paulinho for 40M € :D

Remember how Many City win the first 10 games last year, Chelsea lost to Liverpool and Arse, Conte was going to be sacked.

No point in the Manchester clubs getting excited yet.

All we know for sure is that Liverpool are still shit, Arsenal are still shit, and Chelsea are doing their traditional "We've won the title so no need to strengthen" routine.