2002 VMA's rehearsal footage

2 hours ago, Reclamation Project said:

Yikes! Let's offset this frightening era with 2016 Axl!

635964436285695612-Axl---IMG-6875-2---cr

he kinda looks like a jackass with all those studs, but hes a RNR god so i guess he gets a pass

an average joe wearing that would be a total jackass though 

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't pay a tuppence for anythfrom that era. Can we not justslas forget it happened? Axl dressed like a rapperertly baggy clothes!! Freaks ltoneike that Finky cretin and Bucketehead - and I que (some of) Buckethead's solo soundedstuff but in Guns it was all wrong.

I disagree. Bucket was an inspired choice for guns. There was a time alone shows that but his work on chinese fits with axl's voice imo. Buckets tone, melodic approach , and Note choices all served very well what axl was trying to do with chinese musically. The end of street of dreams is another example where bucket plays over axl. It works. He did the speech solo for madagascar and in rio 2001 it sounded Very bucket in style but perfect for the song. If you cant have slash, bucket and robin in the same album is pretty great imo. and its not that you only should compare what bucket did in chinese vs slash in guns. Robin and bucket created a new sound together for chinese and it obviously worked for the tunes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I disagree. Bucket was an inspired choice for guns. There was a time alone shows that but his work on chinese fits with axl's voice imo. Buckets tone, melodic approach , and Note choices all served very well what axl was trying to do with chinese musically. The end of street of dreams is another example where bucket plays over axl. It works. He did the speech solo for madagascar and in rio 2001 it sounded Very bucket in style but perfect for the song. If you cant have slash, bucket and robin in the same album is pretty great imo. and its not that you only should compare what bucket did in chinese vs slash in guns. Robin and bucket created a new sound together for chinese and it obviously worked for the tunes.

Sadly I think Bucket was actually underused in Nu-Guns -- he should have been the only lead player -- not sharing duties with a vastly inferior guitarist like Finck.

His finest moment for me is on "Sorry" where his solo is almost David Gilmour-esque. He is easily the highlight of CD for me (which isn't saying much I suppose).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Sadly I think Bucket was actually underused in Nu-Guns -- he should have been the only lead player -- not sharing duties with a vastly inferior guitarist like Finck.

His finest moment for me is on "Sorry" where his solo is almost David Gilmour-esque. He is easily the highlight of CD for me (which isn't saying much I suppose).

True, bucket should have been the only lead guitarist in the band. His solo songs are just amazing, such awesome guitar work.

Its sad he had to share duties with another lead guitar player, things like these can really cause tension between the band. 

Im sure he recorded a lot of other stuff which was never used, it just din't work like a proper band, they recorded stuff, then Axl and the sound editor just took bits and pieces and put between the songs.

Axl on vocals and just Bucket on lead could have taken Axl's solo band to another level. 

1 hour ago, Faxl Rows said:

This footage is now of even less interest. Imagine trying to strike up a conversation about it with someone at one of the current shows, they'd think you were on crack. 

hey man, remember the 2002 VMA's? i know a guy thats selling the rehearsal footage for $1000

them:

wtf.gif

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wp9215 said:

I fucking hate the whole buckethead gimmick shit. I get he's a talented guitarist but the schtick is annoying.

Its weird, but if you see his solo act live (saw him in May), his act makes far more sense, even if its not your taste.  He's basically playing a simplistic character so he can incorporate some performance art elements, its similar to what blue man group does.  It works for his solo act, but its very strange to see in a band setting and really doesn't work at all there imo. I do highly recommend seeing him live, he's amazing.

Edited by liqddynamite

18 hours ago, Slash787 said:

vo3biv.jpg

WHAT. THE. FUCK. :facepalm:

10 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

By all accounts, Axl turned in the record twice between 1999-2002 so blame the record company.

As far as the lack of House of Blues release, blame Slash and Duff

You funny guy. 

Axl's band at that time had potential, not as a continuance of GnR, but as something different. That band was far more interesting and talented than the 2009-2014 band with the spectacle of the three guitarists doing theatrics on stage. But there were two big problems: 1) Axl himself was at a bad state physically, mentally and emotionally 2) The band was called GnR and the comparison with the classic GnR was inevitable; the old GnR fanbase wouldn't accept a guy with a mask and a bucket on his head in Slash's place, no matter how talented he was (I assume the same would happen if Slash had a band called GnR and hired, say, Marilyn Manson as the lead singer).

Anyway, it's all history now, thankfully.

• Like 1