Is West Arkeen's passing one (of many) reasons it's hard for these guys to do another album?

15 hours ago, ludurigan said:

its so good to learn new things!

to this day I thought adler had created all the drum parts for appetite

including the best rock drum beat ever, rocket queen

but today i learned that adler didnt write it

because slash created a formula!

and slashs formula says adler didnt write anything

wow, so much quality info!

i love it!

I wish they would show Frank the formula!

I actually think there's very little pressure from the general public to make hit songs on a new album. Rock N Roll has been dead for 25 years, and so has the band. Everybody, I mean just about everybody, loves that they are touring, but I don't see how music fans would bash them for making an average rock record. Who would really care?? If they make a hit better than their 80s/90s stuff then yeah, that would be huge, but I doubt anyone is really expecting that.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 5:19 AM, life_247 said:

I like Fortus I really do - but most of the stuff he's worked on writing wise has been erm - average. Now he's spent most of his career dropping into bands and playing live - so he's pretty perfect for his role in Guns at the moment.

Bare in mind he managed 0 writing credits on CD and managed to only make it onto 5 tracks (4 of those still featuring Tobais !). I'm not super confident that he's just going to be able to write a record with Slash & Duff just because he's of a compatible style. Furthermore most recently Slash, Duff and Axl have essentially been working as Solo artists rather than in fully collabrative bands - which could create a little butting of heads.

However Slash is a trooper when it comes to writing so I'm hoping he's been putting riffs and songs together for the other guys to work on. After the tour they can try and if it doesn't work swap the other people out (we assume Axl/Slash/Duff should be able to work together on music)

These are excellent points. I was hopeful for new music, but your post makes a strong case against that happening.

6 hours ago, Archtop said:

I wish they would show Frank the formula!

I wish these ultra talented musicians Frank the drummer, Dizzy the songwriter, Richard the guitar player and Melissa the self promoting lady would make a supergroup to show the workd how ultra talented they are

These guys are such good musicians they should leave GNR

yeah

leave GNR for the rock n roll guys like steven and izzy who cant play (and who cant tour and who cant write songs etc)

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 10:51 AM, Blackstar said:

I said I wouldn't reply, but... he has:

https://www.ascap.com/ace#ace/search/workID/530320082

He has credits on all songs on appetite? Eh, no he doesn't and the credits he has were given to him by Axl.

On 16/03/2017 at 9:39 PM, ludurigan said:

i love it!

You should learn some more new things before you throw your sarcasm around.

Songwriting is melody, arrangement and lyrics. There you learn't something new... welcome to the jungle!

Edited by MADDOGJONES

57 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

He has credits on all songs on appetite? Eh, no he doesn't and the credits he has were given to him by Axl.

You should learn some more new things before you throw your sarcasm around.

Songwriting is melody, arrangement and lyrics. There you learn't something new... welcome to the jungle!

ok smart guy what falls into arrangement? ding ding ding Drumming + Bass + everything else 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

On 3/16/2017 at 8:39 PM, ludurigan said:

i love it!

totally the guy has his nose so far up axl's ass he eats his shit for breakfast...honest question here...is this Del??

• 2 weeks later...

It ain't GNR without Izzy. Izzy IS the GNR sound, being the main riffwriter for the band. That's why Snakepit & The Conspirators stuff sounds NOTHING like the GNR stuff.
The GNR sound is basically Izzy coming up with the main riff, and then Slash'll play it heavier (because if he didn't, it'd sound like the Stones, which  is Izzy's favorite band) and sometimes faster.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SnakepitH said:

It ain't GNR without Izzy. Izzy IS the GNR sound, being the main riffwriter for the band. That's why Snakepit & The Conspirators stuff sounds NOTHING like the GNR stuff.
The GNR sound is basically Izzy coming up with the main riff, and then Slash'll play it heavier (because if he didn't, it'd sound like the Stones, which  is Izzy's favorite band) and sometimes faster.

It clearly is Izzy without GN'R, the band selling out stadiums worldwide now is GN'R and izzy isn't there. So, how does that work?