British Politics

Gracii Guns

12 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Fucking Yes! 

Out with the Witch!!!!

I don't know. There is Northen Ireland. But at the same time the voted Remain. In the mean time the Pound went to hell in the Asia markets. In the end this thing may end up being a huge mess on many fronts

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

I don't know. There is Northen Ireland. But at the same time the voted Remain. In the mean time the Pound went to hell in the Asia markets. In the end this thing may end up being a huge mess on many fronts

Sterling will rally when someone's in power. Uncertainty is never good, don't worry about that.

It'd plummeted an awful lot had she actually left the EU without a deal.

Regardless of what happens now, they've lost their mandate. She's getting over thrown by her party. Resignation speechs are normally around 9-10 AM. 

Edited by AtariLegend

Just now, Gracii Guns said:

Loving those exit polls. I expected the Cons to win outright, but this is sending enough of a signal that folks ain't happy. That's what I wanted my vote to do.

Me too. I was hoping for a stronger opposition at best. The night is still young though and I don't exactly trust polls too much these days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Me too. I was hoping for a stronger opposition at best. The night is still young though and I don't exactly trust polls too much these days.

Even if they're wrong by the 92 numbers or the Lib Dems decide to join them again to get the Tories into power, she's lost her mandate. 

The whole right wing agenda has failed.

Only downside is, we might end up with PM Boris!

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 2

If that is true it would probably be a Tory minority government with the Tory backbenchers in revolt over May for flopping with her gamble of a snap election.

PS

''HARD MAY'S NIGHT'', Sun, haha.

Edited by DieselDaisy

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Alot of pundits still convinced the exit poll is wrong. 

Just for the sake of argument, let's say Tories ends up with 326, very weak position when it comes to Brexit and other domestic policies

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Large (ish) Tory gains in Geordie Labour heartlands seems to suggest exit poll is bollocks.

At a guess they are picking up the former UKIP votes. I seen it suggested that in more Remain voting areas UKIP votes could be taken by Labour.

I do think it's still likely that the Tories will do slightly better than the exit polls suggest, how much I'm not sure. It's usually about 3/4am that it becomes clearer. I'll be asleep by then - can't hack all nighters anymore. :lol: