British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Well the Tories strike a deal with N.I. DUP so May be will PM

Tories propped up by the political wing of a paramilitary group. I hope people see the irony in all of this.

I'm assuming their'll be another election anyway, sooner than later. May's doomed either way.

Edited by AtariLegend

Theresa May, lame duck Prime Minister, loathed by her own backbenchers and possessing a mile long DUP shopping list: she should have departed, or the Tories should have done a Heseltine and launched a coup d'etat, David Davis taking over. (The irony is, Scotland saved the Conservatives!) Corbyn is speaking a load of rubbish about a 'minority Labour government' given that Labour were defeated: there are 57 seats separating the Tories and Labour!

Dog's dinner of a Commons: new election probably by Autumn/Winter!

44 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

The last thing the country needs is the certainty of you!

So long as this remains the government, the only certainty is political impasse as Theresa May will not be able to pass legislation by her own backbenchers. Can you envision any other outcome but another election, as Corbyn can certainly not run a government with only 261 MPs? Even if Corbyn changes his mind about coalitions, a 'grand lefty/Celtic coalition' government would just provide him with circa 308-13 MPs as the SNP have been, as we say in cricket, well and truly tonked around the field.

New general election, no doubt about it. Unless Theresa's head rolls (who will be Brutus? Boris?) which might prolong the Tory/DUP government's agony somewhat longer, but I still see another election within the year personally.

PS

Crazy times, Canterbury voting in a trot!

Edited by DieselDaisy

22 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Does he remind you a bit of Baron Greenback out of Dangermouse?

I can see the resemblance.

Despite his name, he certainly does not eat much salmon, unless of course the Scots have started battering salmon - quite plausible as they'd batter anything given the chance - and flinging it into munchy boxes.

PS

The Sun are on form today; a piece about Theresa May's campaign errors: ''The Damning Duds of May''.

Two more,

Regarding Nuttall: ''Done Like A UKIPPPER''.

Clegg:''Cleggsit''.

Edited by DieselDaisy

21 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Paxo is parodying himself at this point. It's actually quite irritating watching him harangue people and then not let them finish a sentence.

He ditched his wife of thirty years for a young bit of crumpet.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is official. Labour wins Kensington 

Good thing when areas that have voted one way for almost a century can change hands. It wasn't the only one.

fyi The area I grew up hasn't voted for a party without the name unionist in it (DUP/UUP/Conservative) since 1831... At the last election there was 3 election "unionist" parties here along with the Tories and UKIP. Green, Labour, Lib Dem don't even run here.

42 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Good thing when areas that have voted one way for almost a century can change hands. It wasn't the only one.

fyi The area I grew up hasn't voted for a party without the name unionist in it (DUP/UUP/Conservative) since 1831... At the last election there was 3 election "unionist" parties here along with the Tories and UKIP. Green, Labour, Lib Dem don't even run here.

Well Ruth Davidson is saying interesting things. She talked to May about DUP and Brexit. It seems Tory-DUP is not a formal coalition, gay right will be protected and now there will be an  "Open Brexit"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-40229826

1 minute ago, Padme said:

Well Ruth Davidson is saying interesting things. She talked to May about DUP and Brexit. It seems Tory-DUP is not a formal coalition, gay right will be protected and now there will be an  "Open Brexit"

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-40229826

If Ruth Davidson ran for Westminster she'd have the top job.

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Ruth Davidson ran for Westminster she'd have the top job.

See, here there is a good example of the problem May has. May now came up with "certainty". And another person from the Party is the one explaning what "certainty" means. May priority should be to get a better speechwriter or spokesperson who will be capable to explain things.

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I hadn't actually realised just what a monumental bunch of cunts the DUP are.

Just pointing out too; 10 seats, more than Liberal Democrats had (last election)... more right wing than UKIP (although no power given the NI assembly is generally a fiasco), more seats than most of the parties that are at these debates.

I'd actually made the argument, that if "Plaid Cymru" for example where on these debates why weren't the NI parties?

At least this will put some spotlight back on NI and hopefully it leads to (not expecting it) Labour/Lib Dems for example to run in this party of the country. I can see the headlines now; "vote Labour at this election and we'll knee cap you" warning by local paramilitary.

If some English voters according to the media didn't want a Labour government ruling them back by the the Scottish Nationalist Party, why would they want the Tories back backed by the DUP?

Edited by AtariLegend