Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just now, ironmt said:

lol, don't do It to yourself, everybody makes mistakes. Your punishment seems a bit excessive.

Just now, supercool said:

Great post, that's how it is.

it's friends like you… in times like these.  :lol:

Just now, Sunset Gardner said:

it's friends like you… in times like these.  :lol:

Just glad to be there for you and help you come to the conclusion that the punishment didn't fit the crime.

If their contract really ends in December 2017. Do you think that Duff and Slash can talk openly about their reunion experience in 2018? Til now Josh Freese is the only guy who gave some critical behind the scenes infos. 

Buckethead f.ex. always reacted like this:

Being that you obviously enjoy being a mysterious, anonymous figure in the music community and appear to be fairly reclusive, was it difficult working with Axl Rose, someone who seems to be fairly over the top and in love with the spotlight (at least in some twisted way)?

No answer.

Did you get frustrated with the fact that you were a member of Guns 'n' Roses for four years and nothing really ever came of it besides a few concerts?

Again, no answer.

Edited by 2414225

Not gonna lie... Reading many of you on here bitch and complain about not getting what you want is kinda entertaining. Did you really think someone like Axl was gonna read the forum and think "shit, those forum members want me to kick out richard, frank, and melissa and rbring back the old guys, ok!" 

Was the anouncement for the new dates a little overblown? Sure. But many of you need to check your expectations just a bit. This band has been operating like this for a long time now. The only thing that has changed since Slash and Duff rejoined is the money and size of the venues.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

If their contract really ends in December 2017. Do you think that Duff and Slash can talk openly about their reunion experience in 2018? Til now Josh Freese is the only guy who gave some critical behind the scenes infos. 

Being that you obviously enjoy being a mysterious, anonymous figure in the music community and appear to be fairly reclusive, was it difficult working with Axl Rose, someone who seems to be fairly over the top and in love with the spotlight (at least in some twisted way)?

No answer.

Did you get frustrated with the fact that you were a member of Guns 'n' Roses for four years and nothing really ever came of it besides a few concerts?

Again, no answer.

where did the info come about the contracts expirations?

5 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Not gonna lie... Reading many of you on here bitch and complain about not getting what you want is kinda entertaining. Did you really think someone like Axl was gonna read the forum and think "shit, those forum members want me to kick out richard, frank, and melissa and rbring back the old guys, ok!" 

Was the anouncement for the new dates a little overblown? Sure. But many of you need to check your expectations just a bit. This band has been operating like this for a long time now. The only thing that has changed since Slash and Duff rejoined is the money and size of the venues.

Some of them probably did expect It. But, Axl told us long ago, this Isn't "have It your way." They are going to tour and make as much as they possibly can, who can blame them? Touring Is where the money Is at, not In releasing a new album.

• Like 1

i guess as a fan you always hope for the most… i totally agree they should tour and make money… they sabotaged each others lives for years and denied themselves millions of dollars… so it's only right they go out and make some of it back.  i guess it's the perception at this point of greed… cutting izzy out… IZZY… the cowriter and filter for all the songs… how do you cut that guy out with a straight face… it doesn't feel "rock n' roll" it feels cold and corporate.  it's hard to think about slash and duff being complicit with the removal of izzy and complicit with the fake timeline.  maybe we should start referring to Slash and Duff as "The Two Ivanka's" or "Ivanka and Jared"?  

i will say this… i hope i'm wrong… about all of it… i hope they release new music and projects and welcome back their rhythm guitar player and their drummer in a way that's fair and they truly re-meet their potential as one of the greatest rock n' roll bands.   

Edited by Sunset Gardner

I never expected a new album or single. As it's been stated numerous times, the "huge announcement" I think is what really got people's hopes up into thinking there was more. I mean, they're playing markets that they have already played less than a year ago. These aren't cities that they haven't been to in 20+ years. They were just there last year! Also, they had a billboard up for months eluding to something in LA. They've made it a point to say "Where it all began." I think the people who were expecting more aren't idiots for, well...expecting more! I can see that the radio stations are excited and eager to share that GN'R is coming to town (again), but all of the hype was overblown and ridiculous. I don't even remember them making this big of a deal out of the first shows announced!

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

No answer.

Again, no answer.

The guy is more quiet than Izzy. :lol:

1 hour ago, Sunset Gardner said:

the writings on the wall… these guys are using us… like the way they used the strippers in the early days… they're essentially stealing our money while fucking us.  

i think the ADMINS have a point in that we have to remember the fans who didn't get to see a show first time around, HOWEVER, with that said, personally at this point i don't give the three girlfriends and team yes that kind of credit… they aren't doing this for the fans... that's why the fake time-line leaves out izzy and steven… they'd have to cut them in more than they'd have to cut in the backing band of EMPLOYEES.   they cut out izzy and then lied about why to try and save face.  izzy exposed them brilliantly.  

it's between the lines but i believe stephanie seymour's nanny and her unqualified son and their accomplices at Team Yes have truly exposed the truth of the organization with the rollout of this silly, greedy and lazy "announcement"… i wanted to believe slash and duff playing CD songs was an olive branch to axl but now i know they are sell outs, playing those songs and selling their souls for money.  

dear slash and duff,

we see you. 

Dear Fans,

if it makes you happy, go see them.  if you don't support greedy corporations run by greedy white men… stay at home.   

How exactly did Izzy expose them? He wanted more cash than he deserved and has not EVER completed a world tour. He's unreliable. ALSO, Fortus was still in the band. They didn't have a rhythm vacancy. Adler was given guest opportunities and squandered it. He is another one who's completely unreliable. You don't have to attend the shows. I'm personally PUMPED to see them swing through my town again. 

"Cash grab." "Selling souls." Give me a break. We waited years and never thought Slash and Axl would play together again, and now people are complaining about it already, about a year into it. Why do you even post at a gnr fan site?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2414225 said:

People are pissed cause this band was epic and unpredictable between 86-93. + Perfect production value. 

Axl is teasing the fans for over 20 years. He destroyed the brand with cheap promotions, horrible merchandise, almost no fan community and media work, the highest production costs for only 1 album, like 20 different musicians, the same setlist for years, lame covers like the seeker and beautiful, etc. And he is not listening to fans who just wanna see the old guys and some new content. 

He is ignoring the fans. It's a fuckin fact. And Duff + Slash joined this horrible behavior, when they signed their gag order contract. 

I disagree with everything you said.

Axl performs for nearly three hours a night wheras a lot of musicians do 75-90 minutes. He tours the world over. He doesn't owe you new music. I'd love to hear it.  But when I'm at the show I also love hearing all the timeless hits. The sets are for the town they're in, not for you at home watching on Periscope.

You don't even know if Axl and Duff signed a gag order. Since when is making money in your chosen profession selling out anyhow? Concerts are expensive these days, sure. Because there's no money in records. Concerts used to promote the record. Now the music you listen to for free promotes the concerts. I'm fine with it.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

i guess as a fan you always hope for the most… i totally agree they should tour and make money… they sabotaged each others lives for years and denied themselves millions of dollars… so it's only right they go out and make some of it back.  i guess it's the perception at this point of greed… cutting izzy out… IZZY… the cowriter and filter for all the songs… how do you cut that guy out with a straight face… it doesn't feel "rock n' roll" it feels cold and corporate.  it's hard to think about slash and duff being complicit with the removal of izzy and complicit with the fake timeline.  maybe we should start referring to Slash and Duff as "The Two Ivanka's" or "Ivanka and Jared"?  

i will say this… i hope i'm wrong… about all of it… i hope they release new music and projects and welcome back their rhythm guitar player and their drummer in a way that's fair and they truly re-meet their potential as one of the greatest rock n' roll bands.   

I like the "Two Ivanka's"

1 hour ago, Lowrlder54 said:

has anyone ever gotten a pit ticket from one of these pre-sales? I always seem to have more success with the Citi presale than fan presales 

Citi presale seats have been better every show that I looked at on the previous legs,compared to the shitty Nightrain presales. That was another reason Nightrain can suck me. Although I have seen some people saying they got pit tickets from NT I never did.

Edited by Tourettes2400

2 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Citi presale seats have been better every  show that I looked at compared to the shitty Nightrain presales. That was another reason Nightrain can suck me. Although I have seen some people saying they got pit tickets from NT

Got pit in Chicago today. But the last several shows, Nightrain offered me much worse (no pit) than Citi presale. I bet you have better luck again on Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Got pit in Chicago today. But the last several shows, Nightrain offered me much worse (no pit) than Citi presale. I bet you have better luck again on Tuesday.

How much was pit in Chicago?

Just now, GnR Chris said:

How exactly did Izzy expose them? He wanted more cash than he deserved and has not EVER completed a world tour. He's unreliable. ALSO, Fortus was still in the band. They didn't have a rhythm vacancy. Adler was given guest opportunities and squandered it. He is another one who's completely unreliable. You don't have to attend the shows. I'm personally PUMPED to see them swing through my town again. 

"Cash grab." "Selling souls." Give me a break. We waited years and never thought Slash and Axl would play together again, and now people are complaining about it already, about a year into it. Why do you even post at a gnr fan site?

he exposed them when he corrected axl's fake story that he told in the interview he and Ivanka did with the TV station.  fortus is an axl employee not a band member and can be replaced instantly without explanation by his boss.  i agree with you about adler acting like an asshole with the interviews and the book… 

i guess we don't see it as complaining… more creatively CHALLENGING the band to meet their potential and create new shit.  

i would never want you to have anything other than a great show... i hope you have a great show.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

16 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Sweet, I couldn't decide if I wanted to go to SAN Antonio or El Paso but this made up my mind haha

OMG i need to go but i had friends there i was planning to stay with and go with but i just found out they are in a messy divorce. my uncle just from El Paso to Austin but that's a 9 hour drive. :facepalm: