Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Yaaaayyy. New tour dates. How surprising and exciting. Not. :rolleyes:

But if you're seriously disappointed or upset about this, you only have yourself to blame. It was obvious it wasn't going to be anything like people were speculating about. Everyone should know by now to not expect anything actually awesome from this band.

3 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

With a smaller band I could see that working but even if every member on this forum stopped buying tickets that machine would keep rolling. They don't care about us because they don't have to care. The band will sell tickets regardless.

I agree.

Personally, I've long ago stopped giving them any money because I refuse to pay for The Worst Fanclub Ever Created and for shitty merchandise, and I'm not that big on seeing live shows anyway, so they haven't gotten one cent from me in years (and I'll admit I also don't like the idea that my money is going to people like Fernando, Del James or Jarmo).

But it's not because I think it'll make a difference. Even if all of us posting on this forum here would refuse to buy tickets it wouldn't make a lick of difference. We're just a tiny, tiny fraction of the people going to GNR shows. 99% of the people going are casual fans who don't give a fuck about that band's communication with fans, or Izzy and Steven or setlists or whatever. They'll go anyway, and A/S/D's bank accounts won't notice a difference.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, k12 said:

Pitman is whining again? a money-grab yes it i, but he should be thankful for his time in "Nu-GNR" considering he would be nothing with out the original

1- That's an old post by Chris

2- It's just as bad as whining/crying in a forum and being offended over being called a Dildo :lol::facepalm:

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

I don't know man, perhaps you have different priorities in life.  Stuff like this isn't worth the tears and calamity IMO.

Are you serious? Different priorities in life? I love music. That's something I cherish and if I have my second favourite band of all time, the band who turned me into a music fan, not just a music listener alive and well(which is a miracle really), reunited after so many years with Slash and Duff playing as well as they ever have, Axl showing us that he can fucking belt out tunes as he did with AC/DC than excuse me for thinking that them releasing an album would be much more important and much more satisfying than an endless nostalgia tour. We'll see how much you think this stuff isn't worth "tears and calamity" when it's suddenly over because one of them is gone and the last thing we ever got from Slash and Axl was Sympathy for the Devil. I suppose only then you realize what an absolute travesty it was that they toured nostalgia for years rather than really contributing to their legacy with more amazing music.  But hey at least ya got to see them play a 2.5 hour that featured The Seeker. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

They fell out, mate. Only reconnected a little while back. Have you not been following?

Give them a little bit of time, eh?

Oh my bad. I just "need a little patience" right? :facepalm::rolleyes:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bono said:

Are you serious? Different priorities in life? I love music. That's something I cherish and if I have my second favourite band of all time, the band who turned me into a music fan, not just a music listener alive and well(which is a miracle really), reunited after so many years with Slash and Duff playing as well as they ever have, Axl showing us that he can fucking belt out tunes as he did with AC/DC than excuse me for thinking that them releasing an album would be much more important and much more satisfying than an endless nostalgia tour. We'll see how much you think this stuff isn't worth "tears and calamity" when it's suddenly over because one of them is gone and the last thing we ever got from Slash and Axl was Sympathy for the Devil. I suppose only then you realize what an absolute travesty it was that they toured nostalgia for years rather than really contributing to their legacy with more amazing music.  But hey at least ya got to see them play a 2.5 hour that featured The Seeker. 

I get all that, but is all of this worth getting upset and angry about?  Is what Axl and Slash do or don't do that important to your own life that it produces the kind of rage that underscores your posts? 

Like I said, it's disappointing and we all want more.  But I'd like to think I've got enough good things in my life that however middle aged millionaire rockstars decide to operate in the end has little impact on my daily outlook.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

I get all that, but is all of this worth getting upset and angry about?  Is what Axl and Slash do or don't do that important to your own life that it produces the kind of rage that underscores your posts? 

Like I said, it's disappointing and we all want more.  But I'd like to think I've got enough good things in my life that however middle aged millionaire rockstars decide to operate in the end has little impact on my daily outlook.  

Yeah, agreed.  And it makes me wonder how well they know this band or how long some folks have been following this band.  GN'R have been doing whatever the heck they want to do since 1986.  It's part of who they are.  They are still doing whatever they want to do....only difference now is that they show up on time.  No reason to get upset over it....it's who they are...it is what it is. lol

every tour by every artist is a moneygrab, it's their job!

it's funny how they like to just fuck with our mind by saying this stuff like "huge announcement" and stuff, make us believe that is really something huge and not just a bunch of dates

What I don't understand is why people thought things were gonna change just because Duff and Slash came back in the fold? Hence why we have so many dissapointed "fans." Only thing that changed was the size of the venues. This band is gonna operate the way it has been operating. I'm okay with it. If the music comes it does, if it doesn't, that sucks but whatever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, delilahrose said:

So that's the "ginormous, huge announcement?" A winter arena tour in the US with insane ticket prices? No mention whatsoever about the AFD anniversary. I thought Fernando had "big plans" for that? This is just sad. 

Agreed. But to be fair, There's still a gap in July during the anniversary of appetite. Nothing has been set for that, correct? So, they could still technically do something. My money would be on a surprise gig or two in a small club they used to play in, and knowing Axl he'll have management reach out to Steven and Izzy and hope they show up as guests... seriously :lol:

DISCLAIMER: NOT TRYING TO GET ANYONE'S HOPES UP FR OBVIOUS REASONS. JUST BEING HONEST.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Axeli said:

:wacko: Axl, Slash and Duff continues touring and people are complaining. Hmmm...it could be much worse. At least they are doing something and they are still a band. 

at least they are hitting every corner of the world, imagine the complaining if this reunion was something much much smaller....

2 hours ago, Fede said:

Please guys, give a couple of minutes to the KLOS 95.5 ''Breaking News Announcement", I think no radio station nationwide got a most "pathetic"? way to laugh at people expecting the "HUGE" thing, feel free to use the KLOS Presale Code... 

Can't blame them for having a laugh at this mess. 

Edited by Jane M.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Axeli said:

:wacko: Axl, Slash and Duff continues touring and people are complaining. Hmmm...it could be much worse. At least they are doing something and they are still a band. 

It's better than nothing, yes. But just because it's better than nothing, doesn't mean it still doesn't suck and should have been better

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

Like I said, it's disappointing and we all want more.  But I'd like to think I've got enough good things in my life that however middle aged millionaire rockstars decide to operate is does not deeply impact on my daily outlook.  

You cannot be serious? You think this shit produces rage in me? You think my outlook on life is impacted by this?  Ok buddy. Downzy I get it, your life is so amazing and so great that whatever GnR does or doesn't do is fine by you because I mean you have so many good things in your life there's no reason to fly into a fit of "rage" over Guns N Roses. In fact there's no reason to even have an opinion because hey whatever happens will happen and let's just be happy with what we have. I really wish I could be more like you. Unfortunately I post my opinion, hence I'm fucking losing my mind in a  fit of rage apparently. 

• Like 2

All hope is not lost GNR fans. One of my favorite artists (Roger Waters) has a new LP coming out on June 2nd and it only took him 25 years to do it! Maybe we'll see another GNR album before then. Maybe. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, soon said:

But they lost their virtues long ago

160406-guns-and-roses-1980s-01.jpg?quali

How can you say that? Look at these innocent faces.. 

PS. are we trying to get into Guinness book of records with the fastest growing discussion thread in history? ( 8 new replies during the time I was posting this)

Sweet Zeesus!

• Like 3