Guns N' Roses Announcement at 7AM EST, May 25th

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Internet Explorer worked for me

Thanks, but I don't have it (on a mac) and I'm not installing a fourth web browser to see what lousy tickets they'll throw my way.  

So....clearly the build up was too much for what the announcement actually was.  I can't help but wonder if they truly will let the 30th anniversary pass without something during that week prior to St. Louis.  I expected to at least see something scheduled for that time.  I'm also surprised that there wasn't a Bluray or live album announced.  Sorry if this has been discussed - just now logging on.

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Thanks, but I don't have it (on a mac) and I'm not installing a fourth web browser to see what lousy tickets they'll throw my way.  

That sucks.. I was getting the same thing until I tried IE... I got decent tix stilll.. Not as good as I would have if I didn't fuck around for 20 minutes with those errors... I got row 3 in the middle side loge Slash's side..

• Like 2

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

That sucks.. I was getting the same thing until I tried IE... I got decent tix stilll.. Not as good as I would have if I didn't fuck around for 20 minutes with those errors... I got row 3 in the middle side loge Slash's side..

Glad to hear it worked for somebody.  

27 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That's bullshit, they knew exactly what it was.   They may not have known all the dates or specifics nationwide but the minute they started promoting an announcement they were told what specifically they were going to announce.  That's how it works.

Yeah they did for sure.   A local radio DJ here in Orlando said they were going to do arena gigs in the US. later this year and he announced that LAST SUMMER after the GN'R Orlando show.  So like you said, they may have not known specifics but they've known about it for a while.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

If they're doing this many shows I am surprised they are still ignoring secondary markets. I'd have thought Grand Rapids, MI would have gotten a show

Exactly.....this and there's lots of bigger secondary markets that have bypassed over Grand Rapids, such as Indianapolis, Columbus, Louisville, Madison, etc..  

I'm done traveling to see this iteration of GnR without new music.  

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yes. As predicted by me and several other people, yet somehow everyone is still mad :lol:

Well, I'm not upset. I'm laughing more at how pathetic of a band this is... cheap cash grab continues with yet ANOTHER US run I guess...

Edited by Billsfan

Just now, tsinindy said:

Exactly.....this and there's lots of bigger secondary markets that have bypassed over Grand Rapids, such as Indianapolis, Columbus, Louisville, Madison, etc..  

I'm done traveling to see this iteration of GnR without new music.  

Wow, didn't realize they didn't play a lot of those places either. Detroit is right where I am, so this works for me, but it sucks for a lot of others throughout the country. I guess stadium shows are meant to be more regional since they fit so many people, but it'd have been nice to see more cities included that weren't a part of the 2016 tour

• Like 1

I'll admit it. With all the build-up to this, I held a little bit of hope in my heart for a new single. I figured a new album would be too much, as they've been busy touring, but one song... Guess I still operate under the delusion that despite tours being where the money is, musicians will want to make music.

Oh well...

3 hours ago, Bono said:

Here's the FACTS. 

- This band has no respect for the fans. they dicked fans around for a week with all that hype for this? 
- They are so self important they felt this was a major announcement
- The ONLY reason they delayed this announcement was because they didn't want it being overshadowed by the tragedy in Manchester and had NOTHING to do with paying respect
- They know fans hate the Seeker and yet they continue to feature it in a  prime spot in the encore
- They haven't said a fucking word about new music which is all the fans want at this point

Guns N 'Roses is the biggest joke of an organization in the entire music industry.   

This. By far the most accurate post in the thread, and usually I don't enjoy Bono's work :P 

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

OMG I am sooooo excited! The variety of songs played will be even less than the Chinese Democracy era tours...and the rest is practically the same act we've been seeing for almost ten years now!!! Damn this exciting!!!! So excited...can barely contain it. Oh man...I am going to have diarrhea.

This 'Not in this lifetime' tour has lasted as long as a lifetime. What a cash grab. Bunch of old men milking the tit of their glory days. 

FYI they are saying the Little Rock Arkansas show will be a "larger than Life" experience...according to Classic Rock's site.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-2017-tour-more-dates/

It's an August 5th show and probably in the smallest market of the entire tour.  They brought Adler in for the 2 smaller markets last year so it's possible they might do something similar for this show.  I'm not saying this could be the AFD 5 reunion show but I'm guessing they might do something different or special for this one.  It's also the show before the Miami show (which sales have been slow so far) so from a marketing perpspective, this would be the show to do something different in order to drive ticket sales for the remainder of the tour.

• Like 1

I'm happy. I mean I wanted to see them in an arena setting so this is perfect for me. Not coming to my area, but I am visiting family out West around Thanksgiving so the Vegas & 2 LA shows are the best options. Do you guys have any recommendations? I am figuring the Forum would be the best acoustic venue of the three, but will it sell out quick? Much appreciated! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maynard said:

LOL @ anyone who thought the announcement was more than just tour dates.

Why is this band so pathetic?

Easy answer. Because, who's band is ths? I'll give you a hint: his former name was Bill Bailey. Also, who does the pr and manages this band?

There, just answered your question

19 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Why the hell are people even attempting these presales? Did they learn nothing last year? 

This announcement was a huge disappointment in almost every way. BUT I must point out that Guns playing The Forum is going to be beyond epic. Been a dream of mine to see them there for a long long time. Best venue in LA and they have a LOT of history there. I know surprises and perks to these shows will be coming. Now that they're stepping into the arena circuit they are going to have to have guests and surprises. If these arena shows don't sell as well as anticipated that's only going to add pressure to make sure they start to deliver special stuff to the fans. 

Martin - could not agree more. Last year the "presales" were a joke. Logged on immediately after paying for the Nightrain "membership" (read scam) and no seats were avail. I settled for less than perfect only to find out that more PIT seats were released after the presale. Such a bummer. 

I am going to STILL give Guns the benefit of the doubt and think that they don't actually know about what's happening to fans. I'm sure Ticketmaster or whoever is promoting keeps those issues far far away from them. Probably even spins it to them if they do ask saying "oh there's no way to prevent small mishaps" etc. 

The fuck. Izzy if you are reading this it breaks my heart we won't get to see you. Fuck man.  

• Like 1