June 5th, 2013 - Buffalo, NY

Silent Jay

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is "The General" on paradise city backplane ?

He might be one of the mods or something, but I know he's not actually affiliated with the band...

oh no? How exactly do you "know" that? Because that statement would be completely inaccurate for the record.

Edited by gunsguy

Is 'The General' not Nik Souris aka backplane operator aka Twitter operator aka loosely part of the GN'R camp?

I believe that is the case. Thus, The General is an official source.

He might be one of the mods or something, but I know he's not actually affiliated with the band...

oh no? How exactly do you "know" that? Because that statement would be completely inaccurate for the record.

You sound incredibly like Jarmo there with his condescending tone. The guy might have made a simple mistake. The roles within GN'R aren't exactly easy to interpret.

You sound incredibly like Jarmo there with his condescending tone. The guy might have made a simple mistake. The roles within GN'R aren't exactly easy to interpret.

He said "He might be one of the mods or something, but I know he's not actually affiliated with the band..." but he clearly doesn't know, he didn't say he thinks, he said he knows.... anyway I don't mean to sound any which way really just pointing out inaccurate info

He said "He might be one of the mods or something, but I know he's not actually affiliated with the band..." but he clearly doesn't know, he didn't say he thinks, he said he knows.... anyway I don't mean to sound any which way really just pointing out inaccurate info

Maybe he misread something? Why don't you opt to explain his error instead of rebuking him with little to no explanation other than a Jarmoesque 'I no da troo facts about Axhel shutapp'?

Tell us, with your close connections (uber butt-licking) of the camp, whom is The General?

Maybe he misread something? Why don't you opt to explain his error instead of rebuking him with little to no explanation other than a Jarmoesque 'I no da troo facts about Axhel shutapp'?

Tell us, with your close connections (uber butt-licking) of the camp, whom is The General?

Dude go fuck your hat. I could give a rat's ass what you think about me honestly. As far as misinformation being posted, if I can I will end it. You have to realize it is blatantly obvious that anyone in a high up spot on the official social network works for and is in constant contact with the camp. As for the name of this person? It is not my place to announce that sorry. If they want you to know they will simply tell you ;)

saying I think this or that is cool, but saying I know something is an entirely different animal, that leads users to think he really does know something.

anyway, like I said just ignore me and believe what ya like, I personally don't give a fuck :)

This is gonna be another residency, I bet you anything.

Yawn.

I don't think so. <-- see what I did there?

Edited by gunsguy

Well.. things are in motion in some kind... GNR send out postcards saying interesting things will happen the coming months... lots of "new album" talk, new dates in US. and now an concert announcement.. im not saying this announcement will be something big.. but there sure is things happening in the GNR world

Well.. things are in motion in some kind... GNR send out postcards saying interesting things will happen the coming months... lots of "new album" talk, new dates in US. and now an concert announcement.. im not saying this announcement will be something big.. but there sure is things happening in the GNR world

That is true.

But I wish the announcement had something to do with them releasing something new. Non-stop touring with new cover songs isn't really interesting anymore.

Does it? At least silence is harmless to the band, unlike Rock in Rio IV and Bridge School etc.

Having the band active at least is good for me, back then we didn't even know that the band was together from one day to the next, or who was in it etc

I would love a new album as much as the next person

Edited by gunsguy

I have reservations about this.

It's a good thing that people get to see their favourite band, but how many times can you milk the cow?

That said, if they announce any UK dates I'm there.

Perhaps it's a surprise gig, or maybe a gig that they have not played yet, somewhere? Guess we'll have to wait n' see