The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

On 2/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, appetite4illusions said:

Yeah, there’s no doubt that season one of TD was one of the greatest pieces of television, ever.

It didn’t quite deliver as far as the end of it went. Settling for something typical instead of addressing the conspiracy it spent the whole show building. 

Season 2, to me, is really pretty good. I didn’t think so when I was watching it initially, but once I could  watch it all at once, I could appreciate it’s worth. It has what I consider to be a strong ending. 

Season 3 is like somebody doing a cover version of season 1. It has lots of similar things going on, but the story just isn’t as engaging and it’s more frustrating in the way that it’s structured to deliberately keep the audience off balance.

I find that the major difference between season 1 and 3 is this: in season 1 I watched it because I was so interested that I hung on every word that was said. Season 3 I’m watching because I want to see what Nic Pizzolato is hiding from me. I’m not as engaged as I am curious.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head all around.

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Kolchak:  The Night Stalker and Impractical Jokers

My mom has the dvd box set of Kolchak. She watched the show in the 70's.

I watched:

The Masked Singer I actually knew who the Alien was! lol

Guy's Grocery Games

I am the Night

The Match Game

Single Parents  This show is so funny! check it out.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My mom has the dvd box set of Kolchak. She watched the show in the 70's.

I watched:

The Masked Singer I actually knew who the Alien was! lol

Guy's Grocery Games

I am the Night

The Match Game

Single Parents  This show is so funny! check it out.

The new Match Game with Alec Baldwin?

15 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Brooklyn 99

Will and Grace

Gotham

America Says

Yeah, I like it! It's crazy and they are drinking and cursing a lot, which has to be beeped out!

Alec is very entertaining.

I've watched a few episodes, it is good and so is Alec Baldwin.  But for my money you can't beat the original with Gene Rayburn hosting. Richard Dawson was awesome as a panelist along with Bret Somers and Charles Nelson Reilly. Classic stuff.

I am watching the new Das Boot, a quasi-sequel not a remake.

I like it albeit with some reservations. It has all the budgeting and scope one comes to expect from television now. There is a French Resistance plotline which is spliced with the submariner plot, the two being interlocked. The former owes a lot to the current American film scene I believe, twists galore, character development. The U-Boat recreation is as good as the original. It is also extremely well acted - Vicky Krieps is especially good. 

If there is a criticism it is that 21st century people, possessing 21st century ''politically correct'' mores, seem to have found themselves transported into World War Two and among exulted positions such as U-Boot Hauptmänner - the lesbian French Resistance fighter sticks out in the year 1942 like a sore thumb! This is a problem I had with Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter also. I cannot quit fathom what is going on, whether it is simply a way to create characters modern people can relate to or a more deeper way to offload German ''war crimes'' onto specific stereotyped characters (''the jobsworthy cleanshaven Nazi''), leaving the heroes unblemished ''snowflakes''? Perhaps a combination. 

It is a little more difficult to pinpoint though, that ''he is a decent person. He is not antisemitic''. People of this era had a certain way of talking and carrying themselves. It is hard to put into words but you know it when you see it. A 21st century person really does stick out.  

Nonetheless this show has much going for it and I hope it continues. It is a bit tricky to say that it is ''German'' as there is so much French there, and a fair amount of English also. It seems very much aimed at the international market in that sense. 

Nothing but Trailers

Man with a plan

The Good doctor

Manifest Last night was the season finale and what was discovered gave me chills! The writers of this show are freakin amazing. What a good storyline! something super important was revealed, but still the whole missing for 5 years on a plane as yet to be told. Anyway, NBC has a winner with this show and I'm pretty sure it'll be back next season.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Started season three of Community, which is about where I fell off while watching it as it aired on TV. It’s still a quality show, but you can tell the change in dynamics and relationships around that time of the show.

I really loved that show. All the characters were so quirky in sweet ways. I love Joel McCale and Ken J. So funny. So many great actors came out of that show. Look at Donald Glover now!

The Oscars

Very impressed with this year's show. I think not having a host was the way to go!

Loved Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper's performance of Shallow. So glad she won!

Love Queen with Adam Lambert too!

Spike Lee's speech was so moving! I do hope that in 2020 America can elect a new President who will make all of us come together and learn to love and tolerate all people. we really do need it so badly.

All in all I think the show this year was awesome!

The Walking Dead

The Talking Dead

America Says

Evil lives here

Masked Singers

Well, I did guess who the Bee was but had no idea about the Monster. He was a super surprise to me and the judges.

The Peacock was a surprise too, but once I saw who it was, it made sense to me.

This show has been renewed for next season.

I also watched:

See no evil

Guy's grocery games

America Says

Riverdale

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, Coma16 said:

Watching Animal Kingdom season 2 at the moment. Great show!

Also just started to rewatching The Sopranos. Fantastic show, forgot great season 1 was.

This show is awesome! I've watched it from the beginning. Love the characters and all the actors are awesome.

The new season comes on TNT this summer. Can't wait.

Also for anyone who watches SyFy's Happy, the second season comes back on Wednesday, March 27. This show is so damn good. Can't wait to see that little guy Happy again!

I watched:

Arrow

Black Lightening

Hometown Homicide