Next video chat: Dizzy Reed

While I think he's a bit of a twat (remember reading review of a solo show he did recently where he wasn't getting much response from the tiny audience, and he said "I've been doing this bullshit my entire life!"), he does have writing credits on TWAT, which is one of my all-time favourite songs, and IRS, which I really like.

I'd be curious to know what his writing contributions are. Only found out recently that Paul Tobias plays piano on TWAT while Dizzy just plays keyboards.

Edited by Amir

Dizzy will give the usual answer like "we're working on it" or "soon" he's not going to give us anything worth while, it's an excuse to talk to a "rockstar" nothing more. I like his contributions to the records (UYI I & II, not sure what he did on CD) but he's not going to say or do anything that might rock the boat or endanger his cushy job.

Should GnR be using these chats as a way to generate fan interest, yes! will they? No! each chat should have at least one new bit of info regarding future plans, anything less than that is a waste of time unless you're talking to Axl or maybe! Del/Beta as those 3 are likely to be the only one's that have actual information of interest to fans paying $15 dollars for a chat.

I'll read through the transcript at the end but I doubt anything interesting will be talked about and I doubt he'll reveal any grand plans for GnR, the best we can hope for is an update on his solo album... I mean, I'm sure it's fine (I've never felt the urge to listen to any of it) but it's kinda like RHCP and John Frusicante, yes he does solo material but I don't care about it as a RHCP fan... when I'm paying for a GnR chat, I don't want the focus on side projects, hot sauces, gig bags, Ashba swag™... just Guns n roses road stories, tour info and album info.

He brings lots to the table.

Awesome bongos that make WTTJ even better than it was

Sweet piano on all the songs making them sound infatly more awesome

Absolutely amazing songwriter based off of CD and Silkworms plus all his solo stuff

He has the look

What more do you need? Dizzy Reed is Guns N' Roses.

:lol::awesomeface::lol:

I have a feeling that even though they have a South American Tour scheduled, there will be people begging Dizzy to "Come to... (insert South American country here, including those already with concerts scheduled)".

Expect these to be answered:

favorite/hardest song to play

favorite food

favorite audience

country he would like to visit, he hasn't been to yet

how axl really is

Expect these to be ignored:

plans for the new album

vegas dvd (not that i care)

relationship with slash

reunion

why he didn't attend the HOF

It will be classic Dizzy.

Exactly this.

And it's for this reason that I'll be skipping this chat. Cool to talk with Dizzy, but, really, it'll be a chat with a million people trying to ask questions that I already know the answers to.

6 pages an no ones mentioned the last living slut book. Ask him if the baby story is true and if he really is an asshole.

I was gonna post that. How fucked was that whole situation? I posted here about his attitude a while ago (as told by the author) about when he was flipping out about GNR management shorting him thousands of dollars, but nobody could verify that, nor would I expect them to. Someone-we-know said part of the trove of docs he obtained had detailed emails about band member salary disputes...

I have an account at gnr.com

What should I ask that will realistically get answered?

Ask him what was he thinking when he came up with "Silkworms".

This is one of the (very) rare times where I'll be honest here:

Silkworms in a finished form is something I'm actually intersted in from the 2000 + lineup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeoXUY5q6iM

Pure gold.

Especially starting at about the 3 minute mark and going to the end.

The singing.

The tearing up the keyboard.

The looks on his face.

The bass player going crazy towards the end.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Alright, alright, the guitar player does more justice to the Slash's solo than Ashba.

Pure gold.

Especially starting at about the 3 minute mark and going to the end.

The singing.

The tearing up the keyboard.

The looks on his face.

The bass player going crazy towards the end.

I was at that show. Is Dizzy a good singer? Hell no. Was it a fun gig? Yes.
:fuckyou:

I have to respectfully disagree. imo, Dizzy is an excellent singer, far better than most others (including but not limited to Myles Kennedy). I would love to see one of his solo gigs