UCR comments, oh my god ><

Axl is unpopular with people, just the way it is... but people love his songs, just crank sweet child or November rain and people always go crazy. "You don't have to like the artist to like the art" - Gene Simmons, and that quote is spot on. Not liking music because the musician is a dick is moronic, everybody's Ipods would be empty... Musicians have ego, they are temperamental, they are liked by other musicians but non-musicians don't understand them and they are labeled dicks. just how it is. Axl is a bit of a dick, but he's also not that bad. If everybody lived their lives under a microscope we would all look much worse than we actually are. The internet is a microscope, a lot of people come out of the wood-work with no other intention but to shit on what other people enjoy - It's a teenage / meathead mentality but it's not going away... and it's probably the reason why most performers try to keep a safe distance from the internet.

The comment section here, doesn't look good, but it probably isn't that far from reality... maybe a little more extreme than normal but if you ask 10 random people on the street about Axl rose most would give a similar but more polite answer. He should get out more, do interviews more often and show people he isn't the gigantic prick that he's been painted as (and helped create, to be fair)... he should also not give people so much ammo... practice his songs, keep his voice in shape and release things when he says they are going to be released.

I am dumbstruck by the lack of intelligence, spelling and common sense of almost every poster, just wow https://www.facebook.com/ultimateclassicrock/posts/10152226674609530

that's just what the rest of America thinks of GnR nowadays that don't post in this or the mascot's forum - it's not a lack of intelligence, or common sense, just a different opinion

Axl is unpopular with people, just the way it is... but people love his songs, just crank sweet child or November rain and people always go crazy. "You don't have to like the artist to like the art" - Gene Simmons, and that quote is spot on. Not liking music because the musician is a dick is moronic, everybody's Ipods would be empty... Musicians have ego, they are temperamental, they are liked by other musicians but non-musicians don't understand them and they are labeled dicks. just how it is. Axl is a bit of a dick, but he's also not that bad. If everybody lived their lives under a microscope we would all look much worse than we actually are. The internet is a microscope, a lot of people come out of the wood-work with no other intention but to shit on what other people enjoy - It's a teenage / meathead mentality but it's not going away... and it's probably the reason why most performers try to keep a safe distance from the internet.

The comment section here, doesn't look good, but it probably isn't that far from reality... maybe a little more extreme than normal but if you ask 10 random people on the street about Axl rose most would give a similar but more polite answer. He should get out more, do interviews more often and show people he isn't the gigantic prick that he's been painted as (and helped create, to be fair)... he should also not give people so much ammo... practice his songs, keep his voice in shape and release things when he says they are going to be released.

And do a reunion :lol: Seriously if Axl did a reunion all the shit would go away..

The comments ... lol.

The truth is the world doesn't give a fuck about GN'R.

So, we are nothing but a minority .... we are the special ones ... we are one in a million ... we are the illuminati ... we are the Jedis of rock n' roll fan world.

God bless us.

When I was on Facebook I had about 20 friends who all "liked" GNR. Don't think one of them listened to ChiDem. It's just that when people put "Guns N' Roses" under Favourite Music, it counts as a "Like". Out of those 27 million, I'd say maybe 500,000 like the nuBand. I'm going off the fact that the most likes (good indicator of active participation) I've seen for a post is about 200,000, I think. There'll be a bunch of people who won't make the effort to like, along with some bots that'll like statuses as well. 500,000 may be a generous estimate.

Exactly. Maybe fifty or more of my friends like GN'R; if I played Scraped for them right now they would have no idea who it is.

I would go as far to say that most casual fans, that know that Paradise City is by GN'R, probably don't even know that the old band isn't together anymore, let alone that a new one is touring.

When I was on Facebook I had about 20 friends who all "liked" GNR. Don't think one of them listened to ChiDem. It's just that when people put "Guns N' Roses" under Favourite Music, it counts as a "Like". Out of those 27 million, I'd say maybe 500,000 like the nuBand. I'm going off the fact that the most likes (good indicator of active participation) I've seen for a post is about 200,000, I think. There'll be a bunch of people who won't make the effort to like, along with some bots that'll like statuses as well. 500,000 may be a generous estimate.

Exactly. Maybe fifty or more of my friends like GN'R; if I played Scraped for them right now they would have no idea who it is.

I would go as far to say that most casual fans, that know that Paradise City is by GN'R, probably don't even know that the old band isn't together anymore, let alone that a new one is touring.

I wouldn't go that far, I think most of my mates would know if Axl was touring with a new band even if I didn't harp on about it all the bloody time :lol: Most rock fans I meet know that Axl's touring with a new band as well, some even know DJ Ashba (though none have anything nice to say about him).

I think it varies from country to country. In Abu Dhabi, I think some people were expecting Slash to turn up, though it was pretty obvious a lot of people didn't turn up because they knew he wasn't going to be there (there were twice as many people at the same venue a month later to see Metallica).

Edited by Amir

Honestly, i'm starting to think all the people that commented on that have downs.

Hmm, it would seem that the amount of belief in a reunion is inversely proportional to I.Q.

In other words, people who know there won't be a reunion are smarter than those that think it's around every corner.

• Like 1

Why do they struggle to spell a 3 letter name ? One of the comments said " axl has a cheeseburger under his triple chin as a power up" it got 26 likes.... What is wrong with people ? Lol

I'm against "likes", never use them, never will but I found that comment funny. Not surprised why it had so many likes. :shrugs:

Why do they struggle to spell a 3 letter name ? One of the comments said " axl has a cheeseburger under his triple chin as a power up" it got 26 likes.... What is wrong with people ? Lol

Haha that's pretty funny. It's like Mario carrying around a spare Star powerup or a Fire Flower.

Seems the gnr twitter has more followers then a lot of big bands I think it was about same as stones and more then foo peppers Aerosmith.. Ozzy has a ton Metallica up there in numbers if I remember correctly.. Not bad at all especially in the amount of effort gnr gives lolz... I think there's enough people who will still listen to a new gnr album, now will it sell nowadays or just be downloaded and tossed into a Hard drive.. More then likely the latter. I hvnt bought an album since 08, guess which one, and ofc already had heard the whole album on my myspace for free lol so only reason I copped a copy was because I'm a big fan.