The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How many documentaries on Muhammad Ali does one need?

Ordinarily I would agree with you and believe me I’ve exhausted every stitch of Ali footage out there, the rarest of the rare but this is brilliant, it has shit in it even I haven’t seen, you’ve got to watch this...and I do mean you specifically cuz I know you’re into Ali, everyone should see it but you especially, I promise you’ll enjoy it, if you can give up 4 hours for that nonces documentary you can give up 3 for this, its REALLY good, check it out.  And lemme know what you think.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Ordinarily I would agree with you and believe me I’ve exhausted every stitch of Ali footage out there, the rarest of the rare but this is brilliant, it has shit in it even I haven’t seen, you’ve got to watch this...and I do mean you specifically cuz I know you’re into Ali, everyone should see it but you especially, I promise you’ll enjoy it, if you can give up 4 hours for that nonces documentary you can give up 3 for this, its REALLY good, check it out.  And lemme know what you think.

I will eventually.

I have an Ali documentary on dvd called I Am Ali. I believe it was done at the behest of his family.

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I will eventually.

I have an Ali documentary on dvd called I Am Ali. I believe it was done at the behest of his family.

Thats an alright one as well though they get a bit...whats the word?  Heavy handed.  ‘I saw God in his eyes’ I believe Veronica Porsche says.  You wouldn’t think they’d feel the need to inflate a character like Ali, he kinda looms large all by himself.  But seriously check this out.  

Did you ever check out that Elvis documentary The Searcher?

7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Has there been a doc about Gerry Cooney?  That guy was like the Joey Buttafuoco of boxing.

Not that I’ve seen, no.  I tell ya who they did make a movie about, Chuck Wepner.  And i don’t mean Rocky.  Its a good movie too, at least I enjoyed it.  There’s a documentary on George Chuvalo out there, he’s led an interesting if slightly tragic life.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats an alright one as well though they get a bit...whats the word?  Heavy handed.  ‘I saw God in his eyes’ I believe Veronica Porsche says.  You wouldn’t think they’d feel the need to inflate a character like Ali, he kinda looms large all by himself.  But seriously check this out.  

Did you ever check out that Elvis documentary The Searcher?

Not that I’ve seen, no.  I tell ya who they did make a movie about, Chuck Wepner.  And i don’t mean Rocky.  Its a good movie too, at least I enjoyed it.

I saw it and really liked it.  I liked the part where he was in prison and Stallone was there filming Lock Up and wanted to meet him and Wepner blew him off.

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I saw it and really liked it.  I liked the part where he was in prison and Stallone was there filming Lock Up and wanted to meet him and Wepner blew him off.

I like how it was about Chuck and not a boxing movie.

12 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@Len Cnut are you going to that ?^

I'm not, no.  I was actually going to but I just couldn't be arsed.  Not even gonna watch it in fact, being as how I don't have BT Sports and I'm getting Sky Sports for the night off of NOW TV to watch the big American main event tonight, as well as the domestic matchroom card, which by the way is a better card than this one.  I love Billy Joe Saunders but I seem to have missed his last few fights because they've always seemed to have clashed with a better main event or else just been inaccessible due to his being with BT Sports.  He's actually my favourite fighter out of Britain at the moment, him and Tyson Fury.

On 16/05/2019 at 6:46 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Could plonk this in one of two threads,

13583050-7036509-image-a-30_155802114883

The WAR hat belongs to one man and one man  only:

Marvelous-Marvin-Hagler-war.jpg

He fuckin' meant that shit too, that WAR shit, he was a bit of a weird fucker when he trained, apparently he would completely isolate himself but for about 5 guys there to assist him in training, he would train all day and at night he'd have a special room set up with no phones no TV, no stereo or radio, no nothing, just a bed and a picture of his opponent somewhere in the room, it was at some beach front somewhere but not a nice warm one, some dirt-meets-water sort of area...and he was sometimes seen at night on the balcony staring into the night sky, thinking about the fight, his opponent, how it was gonna go, what he was gonna go.  He even had like, a really sparse sort of kit that he wore when he trained, did his roadwork in big massive fuckin' heavy boots as he considered trainers to be 'pussy shoes' :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

Brilliant win by Inoue, Josh Taylor fight was a cracker too...oh, AND THE NEW!!!!  Two weight world champ, Gypsy boy Billy Joe, well handled.

American cards on now, will be a joy to see Gary Russell Jnr put on a display just before main event with Deontay Wilder.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Brazeale got fuckin’ slept boy!  WHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Say what you want about Wilder. Not the best technically but if he hits you you’re not getting back up. Unless you’re a big fat gypo anyways. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

Say what you want about Wilder. Not the best technically but if he hits you you’re not getting back up. Unless you’re a big fat gypo anyways. :lol: 

I've been trying to tell people about this fella since 2012, he's about as skilled as a gammy legged sow but as you say he can sign just about anybody off if he connects cuz he a dirty great corn-fed cotton picking Alabama slammer.  It took 11 rounds for AJ to dispatch Brazeale...and he's actually improved since the AJ fight and Wilder just pissed all over him.

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've been trying to tell people about this fella since 2012, he's about as skilled as a gammy legged sow but as you say he can sign just about anybody off if he connects cuz he a dirty great corn-fed cotton picking Alabama slammer.  It took 11 rounds for AJ to dispatch Brazeale...and he's actually improved since the AJ fight and Wilder just pissed all over him.

It took 7 rounds for AJ against Breazeale but that was an impressive KO by Deontay Wilder.

What did Breazeale think? That he's able to walk through Wilders punches?

Edited by Free Bird

51 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It took 7 rounds for AJ against Breazeale but that was an impressive KO by Deontay Wilder.

What did Breazeale think? That he's able to walk through Wilders punches?

Was it 7?  My memory must be fading, at any rate it was longer that two minutes.  I think the plan was to back him up, as Wilder doesn’t fight very well backing up, as Luis Ortiz proved, the problem there is Ortiz is a wily ol’ Cuban pro that can walk a man down without eating shots whereas Brazeale has zero head movement, you could tell what his plan was the minute he took the centre of the ring when the bell rang.

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, how do you guys manage to get back up after those punches?

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Yeah, how do you guys manage to get back up after those punches?

Wilder's reaction to that was priceless. He had every right to think it was over... crazier still that Gipsy came back to win the round.

Edited by moreblack

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

Wilder's reaction to that was priceless. He had every right to think it was over... crazier still that Gipsy came back to win the round.

I'm not sure he won the round but he certainly came back.  I really wish he wouldn't do those silly little dances when he drops someone, he looks like such a pranny.

Edited by Len Cnut