Jump to content
GunnerOne 84

Your Thoughts and Feelings as the Reunion Draws Near

Recommended Posts

Money is ok but they need to put passion and effort into what they're doing especially Axl. Having Slash and Duff back may not be enough, this is a huge comeback in rock history plus there is the lack of music throughout these past years it would be better if GNR debuted some new material. If they can make this reunion better with all the original members why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching gnr is like Watching some shitty Hollywood film. I mean it may be a fun ride but whats the point ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really glad this is happening, almost feel like it's getting closure to a couple of decades in my life. 

 

And no, gnr wasn't a day in day out part of my life, don't get me wrong I love the music enough to have an account on here but I could go months without even thinking about gnr. But it's just so much has happened between then and now, think about how much has changed from 1993 up to now. 

 

I'm just happy for all of the hardcore fans, and I'm happy for the guys in the band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a rollercoaster of feelings i've been through the last couple of hours.

after seeing all the snippets, pictures and anecdotes and letting them sink in, my overall feeling about this is very positive.

slash is a shy person. his behaviour was to be expected. he's cool with this. it will only grow from here.

Axl is the biggest surprise. he looked and sounded awesome. no hats, no shades. just wow. i havent seen this Axl in 15 years. confident, self-relativating, goofing around. 

Duff being cool as ever, pointing to a dude with a camera. hilarious.

Can't wait for more. from this day on, every little event / rumour will add to the excitement. this is the best time to be a GNR fan since i dont know when. I have never experienced the Axl + Slash years consciously, and i'm a fan of 15 years.

I hope someone gives steven a hug though. poor bastard.

Edited by action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wind has been taken out of my sails a bit to see that Izzy and Adler didn't show, they are playing CD songs and they still have two keyboardists.. Just too much like NuGnR.. 

If I knew all this I wouldn't have went to Vegas.. I will still do my home town show but not traveling to Cinci or NJ like I planned. Already told my Uncle this morning that I don't want the extra ticket he got for Cinci.. Not worth a $300 dollar ticket again.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

The wind has been taken out of my sails a bit to see that Izzy and Adler didn't show, they are playing CD songs and they still have two keyboardists.. Just too much like NuGnR.. 

If I knew all this I wouldn't have went to Vegas.. I will still do my home town show but not traveling to Cinci or NJ like I planned. Already told my Uncle this morning that I don't want the extra ticket he got for Cinci.. Not worth a $300 dollar ticket again.

 

Just posted this in a different thread, but its better here:

I'm not really upset Adler and Izzy aren't there. I really wasn't expecting them. Cause if they played here and DIDN'T play the tour, that would have been a major fuck you to fans. At least be honest and have them not play here and maybe show up later.

What I get more upset about is it really seems Slash is just going along with whatever is happening. Duff too. No Izzy, no Adler, new girl keyboard player, Chinese songs and no other solo or VR songs, rest of the band being made up of NuGuns members. I want these guys to succeed, but it seems there's ALOT Slash and Duff are doing to appease Axl and not much Axl is doing to appease them. But maybe thats just me. I expected at least some compromises, but it just seems like Slash has joined NuGNR which is beneath him frankly.

And I totally agree with you Tom. I'm going to Vegas, but a friend got $300 tickets today and I said I just don't think its worth that. So much money has already been spent, and I can't keep throwing money at a band that is basically NuGNR with Slash. I'll enjoy it in Vegas and give it a shot, but I'm not just going to blindly keep supporting it.

Absolutely nothing excites me about a stadium tour with $300 level tickets. And everything else being too far away to justify the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Just posted this in a different thread, but its better here:

I'm not really upset Adler and Izzy aren't there. I really wasn't expecting them. Cause if they played here and DIDN'T play the tour, that would have been a major fuck you to fans. At least be honest and have them not play here and maybe show up later.

What I get more upset about is it really seems Slash is just going along with whatever is happening. Duff too. No Izzy, no Adler, new girl keyboard player, Chinese songs and no other solo or VR songs, rest of the band being made up of NuGuns members. I want these guys to succeed, but it seems there's ALOT Slash and Duff are doing to appease Axl and not much Axl is doing to appease them. But maybe thats just me. I expected at least some compromises, but it just seems like Slash has joined NuGNR which is beneath him frankly.

And I totally agree with you Tom. I'm going to Vegas, but a friend got $300 tickets today and I said I just don't think its worth that. So much money has already been spent, and I can't keep throwing money at a band that is basically NuGNR with Slash. I'll enjoy it in Vegas and give it a shot, but I'm not just going to blindly keep supporting it.

Absolutely nothing excites me about a stadium tour with $300 level tickets. And everything else being too far away to justify the price.

Yeah, I am skeptical of even getting Boston tickets now. Vegas might be more than enough.. This is starting to look pathetic.. Id like to get them and just sell them if Vegas is enough for me.. But I will end up losing them.

Yesterday was fucking awesome. I was all in and haven't been that excited in years.. All fell to shit rather quickly..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are ridiculous. Basing the whole damn tour on a one-off club show. Stay home.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, I am skeptical of even getting Boston tickets now. Vegas might be more than enough.. This is starting to look pathetic.. Id like to get them and just sell them if Vegas is enough for me.. But I will end up losing them.

Yesterday was fucking awesome. I was all in and haven't been that excited in years.. All fell to shit rather quickly..

Can I ask how it all "fell to shit" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Can I ask how it all "fell to shit" ?

It's still more NuGnR than a reunion.... 7 people onstage.. only 3 of which are originals... Playing CD songs... The two keyboard players are the nail in the coffin.. Look at that setlist. Aside from teh shit CD songs none of them needed one keyboardist.. Forget two...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question to those going for Vegas: if you knew beforehand about the troubadour would you jettison Vegas, spending a (no doubt fractional) part of what you would have spent on Vegas, on trying to get in line yesterday - camping out, doing everything that it takes - to obtain Troubadour tickets.  $10 tickets; ridiculously small venue; first ever show - in my opinion that was the show to see. They were a bit cheeky, calling Vegas the first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's still more NuGnR than a reunion.... 7 people onstage.. only 3 of which are originals... Playing CD songs... The two keyboard players are the nail in the coffin.. Look at that setlist. Aside from teh shit CD songs none of them needed one keyboardist.. Forget two...

I look at it front the point of view that there are 3 members of gnr, with the rest being touring musicians. I like some of the tunes on cd and cannot wait to hear slash play better but I understand that you do not like the album, and that's fair enough. Wasn't there two keyboard players on the majority of the uyi tour? I agree with you that they're not necessary but it's not exactly unheard of in gnr, was even around during the classic, or as I like to call it, the real guns era. I just don't agree that it all went to shit, I actually think it's an incredible time to be a guns fan and I believe Steven and izzy will show up. Come on man, Axl Slash Duff, that's gotta excite you atleast a little bit, and it sure as hell beats the horrid years of Ashba and pitman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A question to those going for Vegas: if you knew beforehand about the troubadour would you jettison Vegas, spending a (no doubt fractional) part of what you would have spent on Vegas, on trying to get in line yesterday - camping out, doing everything that it takes - to obtain Troubadour tickets.  $10 tickets; ridiculously small venue; first ever show - in my opinion that was the show to see. They were a bit cheeky, calling Vegas the first.

No, I'd still do what I did. LA would be too much effort for a small show that I had very little shot of getting into. And without Izzy or Steven it was NOTHING insanely special besides just being historic.

I'd still do Vegas for a number of reasons: 1. its still basically the first show. The first public one. The energy will be insane. LA kind of took a bit out of it, but not much for me. Its still gonna be an arena filled with people that HAVEN'T seen this band yet. 2. its an arena. Thats a HUGE draw for me. 3. The prices are the same as stadiums. So put those all together, Vegas seems like the best of all worlds. Its the same price as a huge stadium, but its an arena which will be a much better atmosphere. Its not EXACTLY the first show, but its close enough in that the energy will still be there that this is REALLY when the whole world will first be watching.

Basically, at this point, I'm absolutely content spending $500 on two nights of tickets like I did in Vegas, in addition to the other $300-$500 it'll cost for me to get and stay there that weekend. Thats all fine with me, I just think it probably rules out me caring about stadiums. To me, I don't see how an arena show, the ONLY one they are doing, won't be better than that, at least for the same price, and I think I'll get my fill with the Vegas openers. I'd wanna see more, but I think next weekend will be enough. If stadium prices were cheaper I'd go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, Duff and Slash never made an issue about not playing CD, so it's not a concession. I think people are projecting the fans dislike of that album onto them.

This is not much different to UYI. Unfortunately Frank and Fortus have the baggage of nuGNR which can work against them, but reality is, someone needs to fill those spots and it makes sense that it's those two. The new keyboardist is questionable, as is the position itself, but I'm going to wait and see how the shows go before making a final judgement about anything.

I thought this was a momentous occasion that finally puts to bed the Axl vs Slash drama, though some fans still need to catch-up with that. The reunion is finally here. It's not what I'd completely hoped for, that would be the AfD 5, but it's about Axl and Slash right now and I'm hoping it's the first step to something more.

Having said all that, it also drove home to me just how much I like SMKC. Not just for the music, but for the whole vibe of the band, the way they do things and the members themselves. I'm more excited about their new album tbh.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, I am skeptical of even getting Boston tickets now. Vegas might be more than enough.. This is starting to look pathetic.. Id like to get them and just sell them if Vegas is enough for me.. But I will end up losing them.

Yesterday was fucking awesome. I was all in and haven't been that excited in years.. All fell to shit rather quickly..

I STILL think Vegas is worth it. I still want to see Slash and Axl on stage together, and Vegas will still have that special feeling. I just don't think it'll last for me personally AFTER that.

The reason I'm getting turned off from after Vegas was as you said, its all kind of falling apart. Slash seems to be agreeing to a lot I never thought he would and its turning into more of a compromise than I'd prefer. I agree yesterday was great and I'll love Vegas. But I agree I'd rather cherish that memory than continue to support something I'm not specifically on board with. Its not quite the tour I wanted, so I'll only pay for it once (or twice since Vegas is two shows) but see no reason to continue. The more that was announced, the more I have to agree it all kind of lost its luster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the impression that most agreed with me, club shows being infinitely better than shows in sports arenas - basically the smaller the show, the better. Seeing GN'R in a small club like that would be crazy!! The Troubadour!! In your shoes, I would have definitely taken a punt on LA.

Thing is, I would have information nobody else had because I would be the only one to have in my possession a time machine! I could stand outside Tower, or wherever you bought the ticket, before anyone else!

Of course, I could just travel back in time and see Elvis instead.

 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

The thing is, Duff and Slash never made an issue about not playing CD, so it's not a concession. I think people are projecting the fans dislike of that album onto them.

This is not much different to UYI. Unfortunately Frank and Fortus have the baggage of nuGNR which can work against them, but reality is, someone needs to fill those spots and it makes sense that it's those two. The new keyboardist is questionable, as is the position itself, but I'm going to wait and see how the shows go before making a final judgement about anything.

I thought this was a momentous occasion that finally puts to bed the Axl vs Slash drama, though some fans still need to catch-up with that. The reunion is finally here. It's not what I'd completely hoped for, that would be the AfD 5, but it's about Axl and Slash right now and I'm hoping it's the first step to something more.

Having said all that, it also drove home to me just how much I like SMKC. Not just for the music, but for the whole vibe of the band, the way they do things and the members themselves. I'm more excited about their new album tbh.

Agreed with everything you said except the SMKC stuff (nothing against, just don't like Myles Kennedy's voice), I think it's kinda ridiculous to dismiss the whole thing based on shitty cellphone quality videos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited. I have been a fan since I was 10. I think this is gonna be awesome.

I'm happy that members have found it in themselves to move on and forgive. It's time for them to heal and move forward just as it is fans.

When it comes to Adler don't get me wrong I loved his sound on AFD but realistically there's more albums without him then with him. I also know of the baggage he comes with and that he sued the band once. I would never wish to make the band members suffer or do what they may not want for my own selfish reasons of hearing him drum a few songs.

 

I love Izzy but know he hates the tour life so why would I rant and rave about him not being there. Chances are just like before he will show up here and there. There's no need for me to disrespect him.

 

I'm excited for all the fans old and new and all the members. This is gonna be a great year as a GnR fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I'm excited. I have been a fan since I was 10. I think this is gonna be awesome.

I'm happy that members have found it in themselves to move on and forgive. It's time for them to heal and move forward just as it is fans.

When it comes to Adler don't get me wrong I loved his sound on AFD but realistically there's more albums without him then with him. I also know of the baggage he comes with and that he sued the band once. I would never wish to make the band members suffer or do what they may not want for my own selfish reasons of hearing him drum a few songs.

 

I love Izzy but know he hates the tour life so why would I rant and rave about him not being there. Chances are just like before he will show up here and there. There's no need for me to disrespect him.

 

I'm excited for all the fans old and new and all the members. This is gonna be a great year as a GnR fan

I agree although:

Yes, there are more albums Adler ISN'T on, but as evidenced by last night, Appetite has always been the backbone of the set. They played, what 8 of the 12 songs? And the rest of the set was 10 more songs or less, including Slash's solo and whatnot. I know Adler can't play everything, but there's enough in every show that his presence would be worth it. If it was one album he was on that they only play very little of, I think that would be a different story.

Izzy, as far as we know, WANTED a reunion several years ago. Why he's not involved this time we don't know (either Guns decision or his) but to say he probably wouldn't want to isn't really a good excuse anymore. He did at a time and probably still would. Until he says he decided not to do it, I find it hard to not miss his presence. I would give my blessing to someone else if we at least heard he bowed out by his own accord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really cool to see this reunion of sorts. I'm curious, though, who the blue-haired keyboard player is. I recall reading her name was Jinx, but I don't know anything about her. Any gurus have the scoop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kever20 said:

It is really cool to see this reunion of sorts. I'm curious, though, who the blue-haired keyboard player is. I recall reading her name was Jinx, but I don't know anything about her. Any gurus have the scoop?

There's a whole thread on her with details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Stevie and Izzy were a no show last night. However, I am super pumped after viewing the videos from last night. I am going to give them the doubt benefit because it is entirely possible that there is more to the story with Stevie and Izzy not showing up. They never said they would after all. I choose to enjoy this "reunion" of sorts and realize what a great time it is to be a GN'R fan!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It's still more NuGnR than a reunion.... 7 people onstage.. only 3 of which are originals... Playing CD songs... The two keyboard players are the nail in the coffin.. Look at that setlist. Aside from teh shit CD songs none of them needed one keyboardist.. Forget two...

I guess you could look at it that way.

Or that its 4 out of 6 UYI members and less people on the stage than during that tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×