07/27/16 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome

downzy

5 minutes ago, Jboogie said:

Yes stop listening and stop looking at every tour thread cause the folks that are complaining are damn sure not at every show...give it a rest cause the same old complaints are tired.  

I basically have and only come here for the off topic discussions. I made my first complaint just now!

1 minute ago, Axl owns dexter said:

What's the point of an alt set of songs if you hardly play them. If they only played one song per night from the alt list at random every night most complaints would go away. One song!

No way would the complaints stop. I would bet on that and I don't gamble.

It doesn't matter if you watch it live or on periscope, the setlist COULD BE BETTER. Of course you're gonna have the time of your life if you're there watching them live but that doesn't change the fact that they have a lot of songs better than The Seeker, LALD, WYWH... Dead Horse, Yesterdays, The Garden, Garden Of Eden & Since I Don't Have You have video clips, so playing some of those songs would make sense if you want the "casual fans" to be familiar with what's being played.

Do I like the setlist? Yeah, I love it overall but the excuse that it's boring (for some people) because they're watching through periscope doesn't make sense to me. There must be 12-13 songs that they "have to play", the rest they could alternate it all they wanted and the casuals wouldn't notice and wouldn't mind. So no, they're not playing this setlist to please the fans, they're doing it simply because they want. Even Axl let us know that he decided to add Coma 'cause it would make Slash happy, it wasn't a special gift for the fans.

And while I understand some people being annoyed by the constant comments about the setlist, I also understand those who are dying to see something different (especially considering they have some alt. songs rehearsed). Can you blame them? You can disagree and think the setlist is perfect, but what's the point on playing to be a censor and telling others what they can and can not talk/complain about?

Ps: The way Slash slayed NR's last solo!! :heart:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Axl owns dexter said:

What's the point of an alt set of songs if you hardly play them. If they only played one song per night from the alt list at random every night most complaints would go away. One song!

Well, Sorry was played twice as an extra song but there were complaints that they played a CD song and not another from the alt list.

6 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Who's complaining? Fans sitting here watching every show online that are bored with the set list. The paying audience is leaving happy because they just saw Axl and Slash rock the GNR hits they remember, they're not pissed off they didn't play Yesterdays.

• Like 2

i have been following these shows pretty close and loving every minute of it.  I have been waiting since i was 18 to see this happen again and i will be fucking grateful for every single same set list show i watch all summer long that i can.  Does anyone else think this is Axls best vocal night so far? he is on fire 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, moreblack said:

You don't play stadiums for long if everybody in those 30-50,000 doesn't leave happy.

I can't see Guns playing stadiums again In the US after this tour. And I can't see huge demand for another US tour without a classic new GNR album to support.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

3 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It doesn't matter if you watch it live or on periscope, the setlist COULD BE BETTER. Of course you're gonna have the time of your life if you're there watching them live but that doesn't change the fact that they have a lot of songs better than The Seeker, LALD, WYWH... Dead Horse, Yesterdays, The Garden, Garden Of Eden & Since I Don't Have You have video clips, so playing some of those songs would make sense if you want the "casual fans" to be familiar with what's being played.

Do I like the setlist? Yeah, I love it overall but the excuse that it's boring (for some people) because they're watching through periscope doesn't make sense to me. There must be 12-13 songs that they "have to play", the rest they could alternate it all they wanted and the casuals wouldn't notice and wouldn't mind. So no, they're not playing this setlist to please the fans, they're doing it simply because they want. Even Axl let us know that he decided to add Coma 'cause it would make Slash happy, it wasn't a special gift for the fans.

And while I understand some people being annoyed by the constant comments about the setlist, I also understand those who are dying to see something different (especially considering they have some alt. songs rehearsed). Can you blame them? You can disagree and think the setlist is perfect, but what's the point on playing to be a censor and telling others what they can and can not talk/complain about?

Ps: The way Slash slayed NR's last solo!! :heart:

Well first of all the special gift to the fans Is having Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage which should be more then enough. Secondly there have been many surprises and setlist changes on this tour so far Including the appearance of  Steven Adler, Sebastion Bach, Coma, OTGM, Sorry, Catcher and My Michelle. The real tragedy here Is that we have adults that are spoiled brats that need a surprise or something different every night or they whine about It. The best advice would be to stop following every show and when the tour stops In these Individuals towns they just might get the surprise they are desperately seeking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

Well first of all the special gift to the fans Is having Axl, Duff and Slash on the same stage which should be more then enough. Secondly there have been many surprises and setlist changes on this tour so far Including the appearance of  Steven Adler, Sebastion Bach, Coma, OTGM, Sorry, Catcher and My Michelle. The real tragedy here Is that we have adults that are spoiled brats that need a surprise or something different every night or they whine about It. The best advice would be to stop following every show and when the tour stops In these Individuals towns they just might get the surprise they are desperately seeking.

we live in a culture of instant gratification and I agree a little goes a long way in terms of watching the footage.

• Like 1