Izzy Stradlin - Walkin' Song

auad

2 hours ago, starlight said:

Seriously? Attacking Izzy because he opened a twitter account and for releasing new music? Are you for real?

Might be time for the mods to ban a few people. 

Now musicians can't release music if Axl is doing something publically? 

Izzy can do whatever he wants. Axl doesn't own the universe. Izzy doesn't have to plan his life around what Axl is doing  

These people's worlds really do revolve around Axl Rose. That's no big deal if you are 13. But adults? Just sad and pathetic. 

• Like 4

Actual discussion about the song:

I think the song is... okay. I like it, but it's nothing special (though I really enjoy the end part). 

The lyrics are terrible (sky is blue and trees are green, really?) and I don't think it's a stretch to say some lines might be referring to Guns/the reunion.

Like most of Izzy's solo work it feels like a skeleton that could be the base for something great, if Slash, Axl and Duff got their hands on it.

As for the rest of the thread... Izzy's obviously not a sell out for being on twitter and promoting his work. I think it's really cool he's on twitter now. But even a band (at least one like Guns) is a business at its core that requires a certain amount of work to keep it going, aside from just writing music and performing. And Izzy has never seemed to like that part much. Even back then Slash and Axl were already complaining about Izzy not pulling his weight. And he's been completely uninvolved since he quit. Axl, Slash and Duff have been running this business since 1991 now and it's not wrong to acknowledge that Izzy (and Steven) profit from this without dealing with any of the hassle the other three have to deal with.

Also some people might want to lay off the over the top sarcasm, it's pretty cringeworthy. Trying way too hard there.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

I know but he always posed it like "I'm so hippy I don't need this bloated band, bloated tours, bloated videos, I'm gone to be an indie artist" whatever bullshit he was selling for the last 2 decades.

Wow, when you think You couldn't get any stupider....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

That platform happens to be pretty popular though, not like his previous platforms. A platform used by tons of artists, of all calibers, and tons of people. There's nothing cheaper yet so effective as Twitter to promote a business, a product, anything commercial.

It's okay if you like Izzy more than the rest of GNR members. I don't. I hardly like his songs and I don't relate to them at all. That doesn't mean anything, though. It's just a matter of taste.

I don't know what you are defending him for. If you like his solo career, that's fine. I'm not attacking him for his solo career. I don't care what he does with his music. All I said is that it looked to me like he's trying to capitalize on the GNR reunion to promote his music, which I find it shitty because he left GNR, didn't want to get involved with anything to do with the band, he stepped out when problems arised. But it looks like he wants to step back in when the weather is fair. I just don't like that and I will point it out if necessary. I care for GNR much more than Izzy Stradlin solo music.

You do realize what have you just said? You are really way up AXls asshole.

• Like 2

You never had any point :shrugs:

You went berserk just because someone is "accusing" Izzy of wanting to make more money or capitalize the reunion, but you people keep contradicting yourselves. On one hand, you applaud him for being low profile, making albums that don't sell massively or not playing shows at all. On the other hand, when someone says or notices he's trying to make some money, you all jump like "why can't he make money just like the rest of the sellout members, reunion cash grabbing tour fuckheads?".

My point is pretty similar to yours, though. The only reason why Izzy Stradlin can lead a hippy life (with health insurance, a roof on his head and food on a plate on a daily basis) is because of the music he did with Guns N' Roses but if the Guns N Roses band would have not toured in 1991, 1992 and 1993, I'm not sure they would have become such a big successful band and I'm not sure Mr. Izzy Stradlin would be enjoying the honey from the pot in this time and day. Because he left that band but the rest of the guys worked their ass off to complete the tour, even when they were all at the point of destruction.

The albums keep selling and Izzy keeps benefitting from that. It's his work, yeah, no one denies his collaborations. But there are other people who keep the engine working. Not exactly Mr. Stradlin. He moves no fucking finger but he keeps getting the money. 

Call it cash grab tour or whatever, they are going to get on that stage and sweat it. Maybe Stradlin feels like he has to sweat a bit for all of this too and joins them for a couple of shows. We'll see how many of you keep talking about cash grab shows when holy Izzy goes grabbing his piece of the cake.

Are you seriously not understand that he made almost ZERO money off a fucking twitter account and a 3 minute song?

holy. fucking. shit

At least 3 people proved your bullshit POV wrong, yet you come back for more?:facepalm:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

of course you were being respectful.

telling (ordering) someone to stop like you did is really, really respectful.

coming here and saying izzy is a mercenary money-driven vomit-song maker on a thread that should be about discussing his music is also really respectful.

:rofl-lol:

whiskey rose is probably her alt acc, though

I love it when people humiliate tinyrobot.  Keep it up, guys.  :laugh:

Izzy is a sell out, money-driven whore because he's on Twitter and releases music for free.  :lol:  Really, the stupid shit tinyrobot writes doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

OT: Cool little song.  Well done, Izzy.

aaand that was my guess, but i don't have the balls to say it publicly:shrugs:

Edited by Strange Broue

15 hours ago, Nintari said:

Anybody else get the feeling that Izzy only created a Twitter account and is now promoting this new music because he feels he can capitalize (make more money) off of the GNR threunion? I know he's always made music, but the timing of the Twitter account... I don't know. Seems pretty odd to me.

so Izzy can't create a twitter acount to counter some of the speculation that's been spread about him, it's immediately seemed a cash grab?

that's the most random thing i've read in a while.

everyone can listen to the song for free. yeah, he makes a lot of money...

• Like 1

I know!

No! lol my point is that he benefits a lot from the cash grab tour, the Frankestein and all of those pejorative names you use to refer to Guns N' Roses, a machinery that is basically still working because of Axl Rose (whether you like or dislike what he's done with it for the past 2 decades, he tried his best to keep it going).

Yeah, LaZzy wrote many of the songs that are part of the setlist, blah blah but he did that once and forgot about the rest. He didn't want to be involved with the band, the touring and the problems. And that's work too. It's a lot of work to keep a band going for so long.

Izzy got it easy. 

It is prerogative to quit the band he formed!

Listen, height of the compact disc boom (late '90s) Izzy released 117 Degrees on Geffen. Did you see a music video for it? An interview? We are expected to believe, now that there is no money whatsoever in recorded music, that Stradlin suddenly wants to make money from the industry.

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

So can anyone send a mp3 link or some other way I can listen to the song cause Spotify is not working for me

@downliner If a show in London happens and If im able to go then I would love to meet you man, bring the sign board saying "Where's Izzy?"

I guess you took it to vegas too, but I heard they (TB) told the security to throw it out, so they did that to you or it was someone else?

This link might work for you?

It doesn't work for me, but someone in the US shared it and it appears to be the official link as its automatically been uploaded there from Tunecore :)

I'd be at a London show sure, hopefully there will be a fan meetup or something :headbang: I didn't take my flag to the gig so it wasn't me who got kicked out. I just wore it at the fan meetup in the company of friends, didn't want to cause any shit at the gig as I was there to have a good time :D

Seriously cash grab Izzy, taking royalties and riding the coat tails of his old band. :facepalm: Shame on him, " nothing for free "Izzy!

I like the song, not one of his best but it's growing on me. No the lyrics are not ground breaking they are simplistic which is noticeable in a lot of izzys songs. The themes of walking and dogs feature a lot in his work, 14 years (one you all know) is a case in point, "I was the dog they all tried to beat" I guess he no longer sees himself as the dog.

I think Taz's drums on this are great almost tribal.

I always found it interesting that Izzy, a guitarist and releasing material under his own name is happy to let Rick Richards  signature sound feature prominently in his work , this is not a man interested in self promotion to accuse him of this for getting a Twitter is just laughable.

I just see Izzy as a musician who doesn't want to deal with the crap, continues to enjoy making music without the excess and is good enough to share it with us.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Frey said:

Actual discussion about the song:

I think the song is... okay. I like it, but it's nothing special (though I really enjoy the end part). 

The lyrics are terrible (sky is blue and trees are green, really?) and I don't think it's a stretch to say some lines might be referring to Guns/the reunion.

Like most of Izzy's solo work it feels like a skeleton that could be the base for something great, if Slash, Axl and Duff got their hands on it.

As for the rest of the thread... Izzy's obviously not a sell out for being on twitter and promoting his work. I think it's really cool he's on twitter now. But even a band (at least one like Guns) is a business at its core that requires a certain amount of work to keep it going, aside from just writing music and performing. And Izzy has never seemed to like that part much. Even back then Slash and Axl were already complaining about Izzy not pulling his weight. And he's been completely uninvolved since he quit. Axl, Slash and Duff have been running this business since 1991 now and it's not wrong to acknowledge that Izzy (and Steven) profit from this without dealing with any of the hassle the other three have to deal with.

Also some people might want to lay off the over the top sarcasm, it's pretty cringeworthy. Trying way too hard there.

What is your opinion on the lyrics for Paradise City? Shotgun Blues? IRS? Back off Bitch? This I Love?

Axl can write some great lyrics. But  he constantly falls into the rhyming trap. All his ballads feature grade school level rhyming. SCOM. This I live. Nov rain. Estranged. Great songs - but the lyrics are very cheesy. 

This is hard rock. Not a poetry recital. 

The second part of your post is spot on though. 

54 minutes ago, Apollo said:

What is your opinion on the lyrics for Paradise City? Shotgun Blues? IRS? Back off Bitch? This I Love?

Axl can write some great lyrics. But  he constantly falls into the rhyming trap. All his ballads feature grade school level rhyming. SCOM. This I live. Nov rain. Estranged. Great songs - but the lyrics are very cheesy. 

I think they're all pretty terrible, especially This I Love, Paradise City, IRS and Back off Bitch. These are the ones that make me cringe the most and I also don't like these songs much.

I like the lyrics of Estranged though. And I can... tolerate SCOM and November Rain. It's just typical ballad stuff. 

But I know that both Izzy and Axl can do better from other songs, and that's why I want them to do better than sky is blue and grass is green, especially nowadays.

It's just a personal hang-up though, because awful lyrics ruin songs for me, I know other people don't care as much.

14 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

i love this guy

he's like the south park tourette's episode, but instead of yeling, he can't stop being sarcastic :lol:

Yeah it was fun after first couple posts but after that it just become bullying which is not cool. :shrugs:

--

To the topic - I kinda like Izzy's new song, hopefully there is more to come! 

• Like 1

Not a bad little tune, highlights are the opening riff and i really like the production. I could really imagine someone like Liam Gallagher singing on it would really match the swagger of the music, Izzy's singing just doesn't do it for me on this.

Edited by Silverburst80

13 hours ago, Philcore said:

Thanks, I saw this. Unfortunately I don´t see any platform which provides the song in flac-format.

The same goes for his albums/songs released within the last decade. I think his last physical release was "On down the road" from 2002. But even this was a Japan onyl release which leads to ridiculous pricees on the internet. This is a bummer. In my opinion Izzy´s music deserves proper releases, at least lossless media files. Obviously Izzy´s opinion is different which I cannot understand. Maybe someone should tell him about bandcamp.com for example.

Fact is that I won´t pay any money for mp3 only-releases. Sorry, "money driven"-Izzy ;-)

i agree 100% with you, it would be great if izzy was able to release his music in flac format

maybe he has no idea that mp3s have low quality (?)

or maybe he is not aware that his songs will only be availale in mp3 low quality (?)

but how come none of these 36 online places offer flac format stuff? this is ridiculous! 

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

i agree 100% with you, it would be great if izzy was able to release his music in flac format

maybe he has no idea that mp3s have low quality (?)

or maybe he is not aware that his songs will only be availale in mp3 low quality (?)

but how come none of these 36 online places offer flac format stuff? this is ridiculous! 

Probably because 99% of the population don't care about flac.