Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

Gorge and Winnipeg are two of the best from the previous leg, no doubt.

I'd love to see more song lyrics Incorporated in the lithos. Have we seen them on any other prints besides Winnipeg? I know we had the Sweden litho with the writing in the skeleton teeth, I guess that could count.

You came here and posted you had a Paris like, a month ago and I know at least a half dozen members sent you messages and you never replied. You just disappeared.

Now you're back, still telling everyone you have a Paris to trade... but then say you're not looking for any GNR lithos. Why are you even wasting your time advertising it for trade on a GNR forum if you don't want GNR lithos in trade?
Maybe you want cash offers? Are you trying to say it's for sale?

We expect your reply in January, thanks.

6 hours ago, papalaz said:

Still have a Paris (67/100) to trade.  Have all of the GnR lithos that I've been looking for but will trade the Paris litho for a Rolling Stones Desert Trip Weekend 1 litho on the offchance anyone has one. 

I pm'd you a few hours after your last post about trading for it, but it looks like you never opened my message.

M7Ef0Az.jpg

6 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

I pm'd you a few hours after your last post about trading for it, but it looks like you never opened my message.

M7Ef0Az.jpg

4 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Same exact thing with my messages I sent you. What a shocker.

4 hours ago, Lio said:

+1 :lol:

So that's at least 9 people who messaged him that he never responded to :lol:

Hope all you GNR fans have your Rolling Stones posters ready!

Colin-Farrell-WTF.gif

57 minutes ago, 1987b said:

The lithos are great for this tour.  Did they always do them for each show or was that something they only did for the NITL tour? I would love to get one from previous shows I've been to like the 2002 msg show or 2006 Hammerstein if they exist. 

Many older concerts had posters but the limited edition numbered lithograph is a recent thing for them.

I feel sorry for Dave Matthews Band fans who love collecting the lithographs because they've practically been touring non-stop for like two decades, posters/lithographs for almost every show, some of them are super low volume and some are so rare that even the very well maintained and definitive DMB poster archive website doesn't have pictures of some of them.

Only other band I know that's done it for a long time is Pearl Jam.

OT but our boy Buhler is doing Rolling Stones posters at the moment for their current tour.  One thing I think is really interesting is that all of the designs he's showed so far on his instagram just say "Stones" and not "The Rolling Stones."   I think it's funny that the band would use shorthand like that in official merchandise.

It'd be like a litho that just says GUNS or GNR on it.

21689250_1953301128238081_58548561675865

19933421_261721527681356_532708601211387

21820369_1793714120920113_67838608192317

And is it just me or is the font used for "Stones" in the last two posters just fucking hideous and amateur as hell?  Looks so bad in my opinion.  Devil face poster is fine but my god, the font on Stones looks like shitty photoshop.

I agree on it being disappointing, @estrangedtwat

I saw the Spielberg design pop up on my Instagram feed and the first thing I did was share it with a fellow GNR litho collector and said "that's disappointing as far as Buhler designs go"

I mean, it's disappointing on many levels. First, we have such high hopes for Buhler and it just doesn't seem to be up to his usual standard. Secondly, there's not much variety when it comes to Rolling Stones poster designs anyway. Let's face it, 95% of them are just the tongue design with a tiny modification and a palette change.

But I don't think the abbreviated "Stones" thing or the choice in typeface was Buhler's choice. It's possible it was decided on before he was set to do the posters. Because that looks like the font and abbreviated stylization they've been using to market their No Filter tour for a while now.

lighter

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

Cinci's is so much cooler than Osaka's.   This serendipity guy made out like a bandit.

Well I might have not done it if I only had one Cinci bit I've loved that Osaka litho since I first saw it. And was happy to see Cincinatti go to someone who appreciated it. Good trade all around.

45 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Well I might have not done it if I only had one Cinci bit I've loved that Osaka litho since I first saw it. And was happy to see Cincinatti go to someone who appreciated it. Good trade all around.

That's a great trade for both of you.  They are worth similar amounts of money and Osaka is an awesome litho and very hard to find.

12 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Did you guys see the eBay lot with 22 of the 2017 lithos? He has one bid now for  $4,000. Interesting.

Seems like a joke, doesn't it?

Completely random collection of lithos - no numbers listed or can be seen in the photos, spelling mistakes (Tel Avid?), listing them by country or state instead of city, (Spain, Austria, Penn, Arkansas, North Carolina)... and the person bidding on it has zero feedback and has made 1 bid ever.

Smells rotten as hell.

I wasn't the one who started being disrespectful.  Initially I traded one of my London 1s and then offered my Paris for a Stones litho.  I had shit loads of messages, some so generic that they weren't worth responding to.  Would have happily traded Paris for what I wanted but in the absence of any sensible offers I received a gratuitous offer to buy.  I didn't solicit any payment and didn't barter.  $900 was their opening offer.  

I have another London 1 which I'll be trading, but not to anyone on here.  💋

I know people spend stupid amounts on these lithos, but $900 is fucking insane.

If it's up on ebay then yea, up the price to whatever. But I've sold a couple lithos to people on here and only asked for what they cost me, I'd rather some other fan like me have a cool poster at cost than try to gouge someone for hundreds of dollars, that's pretty scummy.

31 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I know people spend stupid amounts on these lithos, but $900 is fucking insane.

If it's up on ebay then yea, up the price to whatever. But I've sold a couple lithos to people on here and only asked for what they cost me, I'd rather some other fan like me have a cool poster at cost than try to gouge someone for hundreds of dollars, that's pretty scummy.

Man, I do not disagree.  I've spent $1k on an authenticated Tom Waits autograph that I coulda got for nothing if I'd been standing at a different exit to Jones Theatre in Houston.  Was worth it to me.

I got a private message with an offer - would have been happy with a trade that worked for me.  If you were trying to flog your car and someone offered you more than what you thought it was worth would you say no? The person who bought the litho off me is genuinely over the moon that he's got it.  I explained what I had into the litho in terms of initial purchase, framing etc.  He offered to pay an additional sum for p&p and insurance but I covered it.  I might have made $150 dollars on the deal which I immediately sank on another litho in any event.  I don't need the money and am quite glad that it's gone to someone in France who will treasure it.

Edited by papalaz
Clarification