"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

A Madea's Family Funeral

I give it a 5/5. This was I think the best Madea movie ever! So damn funny and heartwarming all in one movie. Tyler Perry has brought Madea's saga to a wonderful close. Can't wait for the dvd/blue combo.

Skyscraper with The Rock! Plenty of action and the Rock is always great! Cool special effects too.

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Sam Neill was really good in this one.

Yeah, I think might have been Sam's first movie. My mom saw it in the movies and said it was awesome. I've seen it on cable.

I knew how it would end and thought it was a very good way to end this Omen trilogy movies. The son of Satan got what he deserved! lol

4 hours ago, Angelica said:

I used to fuck guys like you in prison! 🤣🤣🤣

One of Patrick's best. Loved Sam Elliott in it too.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Crimes of Grindelwald was entirely disappointing.

I'm a decent fan of the Harry Potter franchise, and the first Fantastic Beasts movie was fine, but this one was pretty terrible. I don't really have anything good to say about it.

I have a friend who is a Harry Potter nut. Knows every thing about HP and those movies. She's seen this movie 4 times and still couldn't figure out what the hell was going on? That scares me.  I was pleasantly surprised by the first Fantastic Beasts and wanted to see the sequel but after talking to my friend, I said I'll wait until it comes on cable. Maybe she'll have figured it out by then. lol

Die Mörder sind unter uns, aka, Murderers Among Us (1946).

Astonishingly good given its production circumstances; trying to make sense of war crimes; trying to pass ''a German film'' through allied censors. Also dare I say it takes a forward look at PTS? It is also something of a historic document, capturing war ravaged Berlin and giving forth to the Trümmerfilm (Rubble Film). We can forgive it its sins of perhaps, too much propagandist dialogue and a certain cloying sentimentality - clunkiness of execution even - because of the context. It isn't a masterpiece but it might just be one of the most important films ever made. In fact it undoubtedly is so.

English subtitles. Well worth a watch,

Spoiler

PS

It is interesting. Rubble films were essentially Germany's variant of Italian neorealism (or even Britain's kitchen sink dramas), but whereas quite a few of Italy's are proclaimed as undisputed masterpieces giving forth to De Sica and Fellini, Germany's Rubble Films, despite plaudits at the time and even international acclaim, are now overlooked. Maybe there isn't a Bicycle Thieves there but they are certainly worth reassessing.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Was in the mood for watching movies in the early hours of the night. Decided to watch The First Purge on Sky.

Was bored to tears. Never seen the other Purge films, but I thought it was supposed to be a horror. It was just a boring un interesting action film, that felt like it went on forever despite only being 90 ISH minutes long. 

Wildings

12 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Was in the mood for watching movies in the early hours of the night. Decided to watch The First Purge on Sky.

Was bored to tears. Never seen the other Purge films, but I thought it was supposed to be a horror. It was just a boring un interesting action film, that felt like it went on forever despite only being 90 ISH minutes long. 

I think this movie is on HBO next Saturday. I liked all the other Purge movies. Loved the series too.

I always dvr my movies these days, so if they suck or are boring I speed them up. lol

On 25/02/2019 at 7:29 AM, Angelica said:

Vox Lux - holy shit, I actually loved something! Ties with Cold War and The Favorite as my best of 2018. 

I must have watched a different movie. Turned it off halfway through when Natalie Portman started screaming at the guy in the diner. I must be missing the point of it all because I thought it was awful. :lol: 

Hell Boats (1970)

World War 2 naval cheapo. It is one of those British war films where they stick a Yank in the lead role, in the Royal Navy infact (''British mother'' is the explanation) to offload onto the American market. I liked this film though despite its budgeting issues: good old fashioned rollicking boy's adventure.