"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Hustlers with Jennifer Lopez

I give it a 4/5 Good storyline. The characters were awesome. All the actresses got to shine.

J Lo's poll dance was freaking outrageous. Hard to believe she had only days to learn it! Unreal!

21 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Same here, thats why i caught it on opening night...but its nice to see it get a bit of acclaim.  Quite frankly I could tell whilst watching it critics would hate it.

I've seen so many movies, mostly horror and action, and they never get good reviews.

But yet these movies have the most loyal fans who always support them. 

I do want to see this movie too. Zombieland 2 is coming up too. So many movies so little time. Not to mention Frozen and other kids movies I take my daughter to!

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hustlers with Jennifer Lopez

I give it a 4/5 Good storyline. The characters were awesome. All the actresses got to shine.

J Lo's poll dance was freaking outrageous. Hard to believe she had only days to learn it! Unreal!

I've seen so many movies, mostly horror and action, and they never get good reviews.

But yet these movies have the most loyal fans who always support them. 

I do want to see this movie too. Zombieland 2 is coming up too. So many movies so little time. Not to mention Frozen and other kids movies I take my daughter to!

I guess it was kinda gratifying to see Rocky movies get some acclaim for the first time since 1976 when Rocky Balboa came out follow by the two Creed movies.  I guess I was kinda hoping Rambo might get the same.  Oh well, no matter if it don't I guess.

Replicas with Keanu Reeves

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I guess it was kinda gratifying to see Rocky movies get some acclaim for the first time since 1976 when Rocky Balboa came out follow by the two Creed movies.  I guess I was kinda hoping Rambo might get the same.  Oh well, no matter if it don't I guess.

I totally understand, but Sly's movies usually do well at the box office and that's what matters in the end.

I feel if you see a movie and love and enjoy it, that's what matters most.

Ad Astra was a lot better than I expected. 

I was dreading another space movie about isolation but thankfully, its very plot-driven in addition to being poignant. 

That's not to say there weren't some moments of science-fiction...Brad Pitt space surfs on a piece of metal through the rings of Neptune to get back to his stranded ship. If your eyebrows went up after reading that sentence, remember this film is probably going to get a fair amount of Oscar buzz.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:06 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Anyone have some good horror movies I should check out? The gf and I are doing a marathon tonight. 

All the Halloween movies

I like the Friday the 13th movies beginning with Part 3.

The Exorcist

Child's play 2018

The Curse of La Lorona

Annabelle Comes home

Hell Fest

The Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Hope you have an awesome movie night!

• Thanks 1

Race (2016)

About Jesse Owens who won 4 golden medals in the 1936 Olympics. According to the film and what is widely known, Hitler didn't acknowledge Owens, but Owens has said later on that Hitler waved at him and a German journalist reported that Owens had shown him a photograph of them shaking hands.

Edited by EvanG

35 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Race (2016)

About Jesse Owens who won 4 golden medals in the 1936 Olympics. According to the film and what is widely known, Hitler didn't acknowledge Owens, but Owens has said later on that Hitler waved at him and a German journalist reported that Owens had shown him a photograph of them shaking hands.

The whole, Hitler refusing to meet (present medal to) Owens, is one of those things that is utter bollocks. Hitler didn't meet any of the athletes during the Berlin Olympics as Hitler skipped all medal celebrations after the initial one which is depicted in Riefenstahl's Olympia, and was under a strict timetable - and what you said about him waving is reported. 

Truthfully the Nazis were not even that arsed about black people, although they called Jazz ''Negermusik'' and there was a bit of a furor over the French using colonial troops in the Rhineland in 1919. They obviously considered blacks inferior but there was never much of a racist campaign against them basically because there were few blacks in Germany - unlike Jews. There are even reports of blacks (probably the half caste products of Germany's pre-1918 African colonies) joining the Hitlerjugend in its infancy!

PS

I also have some vague memory of watching a documentary which set forth the story of a black guy who lived in Berlin right through the Nazi and War period, until 1945, relatively unmolested. Compare this to the German-Jewish experience.

Edited by DieselDaisy

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The whole, Hitler refusing to meet (present medal to) Owens, is one of those things that is utter bollocks. Hitler didn't meet any of the athletes during the Berlin Olympics as Hitler skipped all medal celebrations after the initial one which is depicted in Riefenstahl's Olympia, and was under a strict timetable - and what you said about him waving is reported. 

Truthfully the Nazis were not even that arsed about black people, although they called Jazz ''Negermusik'' and there was a bit of a furor over the French using colonial troops in the Rhineland in 1919. They obviously considered blacks inferior but there was never much of a racist campaign against them basically because there were few blacks in Germany - unlike Jews. There are even reports of blacks (probably the half caste products of Germany's pre-1918 African colonies) joining the Hitlerjugend in its infancy!

PS

I also have some vague memory of watching a documentary which set forth the story of a black guy who lived in Berlin right through the Nazi and War period, until 1945, relatively unmolested. Compare this to the German-Jewish experience.

He experienced more racism in the US than in Berlin, he could stay in the same hotel room as the white folks, for example. In the US that obviously wasn't possible back then.

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

although they called Jazz ''Negermusik''

That wasn't an offensive term in those days. We used to have a chocolate candy that was called 'negerzoenen' (negrokisses) and it wasn't until 2005 that they changed the name.

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

few blacks in Germany

When the Americans liberated Holland, it was for most people here the first time seeing a black person.

It (2017)

It's alright. Full of cliches such as people wandering off alone from groups, jump scares, ''Winston'', i.e., ''token black guy'' (or in this case black kid), etc etc., and felt a bit ''episodic''. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

What about the 500 other times he’s been my pic?! :lol: 

To go on the list of your many crimes: the murderer of Cream drummer Ginger Baker