The whining thread

john lennon

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You'd be surpised too man, life is long, things come back around, with a whimper if not always a bang.  To be honest I'm in a similar place with certain members of my family but like...the way i look at it is if shit can't get be right between us being who we are maybe it will later in life when we grow as people, or maybe never.  It is what is, y'know.  I suppose the take home for someone like yourself where like, its kicking your arse that you might not get an old time sit down with them again is, these little things goin' on in our lives, perhaps they're more precious than we give em credit for.  On a long enough time scale every relationship functions within certain limits and they ain't guaranteed limits, we die or we get old or we drift apart or we change as people and don't get along anymore, none of it is guaranteed and none of it is like...your due, y'know, its all just luck.

I really hope things do come back around like you say.  Hope they will for you as well.  Ill try and remember that its only castles burning. Ahhhh, but I still just wanna fix it!

Im pretty sure I'll be spending the rest of the day sending out tea, pints and dinner invitations to everyone Ive every liked.  And maybe even responding to back-logged texts from those I find more challenging.  So, thank you for your wisdom.

A client now owes me £800. They've had a month to settle their invoice. 

I mostly work with small businesses, one man bands and the such. They have the least money but rarely are problematic paying. 

As soon as it's the big guys with actual banks on their client list, they suddenly don't have any money!

48 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

A client now owes me £800. They've had a month to settle their invoice. 

I mostly work with small businesses, one man bands and the such. They have the least money but rarely are problematic paying. 

As soon as it's the big guys with actual banks on their client list, they suddenly don't have any money!

Send the lads round... @Len Cnut @DieselDaisy got a job for you guys!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

...please give us the money! oh come on...please?

This is the phone call I’m going to have to make this morning. It’s the worst part of my job — so humiliating. I’ve got to be as nice as possible too, otherwise they won’t have me work for them again. 

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

*van with 'The Odd Couple' on the side of it screeches to a halt outside the client's residence. They march up with a purpose and bang on the door...*

...please give us the money! oh come on...please?

‘Come on maaan, I got these cheeseburgers man!’

• Haha 1

Right, things that get on my fuckin' tits, English people that say 'ciao!'.  Now look, if you're a fuckin' eye-tie it makes sense right, thats your fuckin' language but if you're from England, sorry mate, it makes you look and sound an arsehole and as the great John Lydon so rightly put it once 'if you talk like an arsehole and look like an arsehole, you're an arsehole'.  'Ciao Ciao', ugh, I get visions of Bruce Lee crescent-kicking their fuckin' heads off their shoulders like:

I mean like, they can't've all spent great chunks of their lives livin' with Italians and hence picked up this turn of phrase, it must be that, one day or over a period of time they've thought 'y'know what, that'd make me sound well cool, if I said 'ciao ciao' instead of bye, thats a FANTASTIC idea, I won't look a complete cunt doin' that!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ciao is becoming an international thing. I say it a lot when travelling because I can't always remember what bye is in the language wherever I am. Much easier with expressions everybody understands. Besides, loanwords are nothing special, already 20-30 % of English is comprised of adopted words from other languages. So you have people who are the first to start using a new loanwords, and they are cunts because they do that, and then you have people complaining about these people, and they are cunts because they make a fuss over nothing.

Edited by SoulMonster

In my language it's getting more and more common to use a lot of English words which pisses me off too... I've noticed that in the last years a lot of people have been saying 'thanks' instead of using the Dutch word. Sometimes I don't remember a word for something in my native language but I do in English, because it's a language I've been listening to almost every single day of my life, but I hate using English words when I'm not speaking English.

35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Ciao is becoming an international thing. I say it a lot when travelling because I can't always remember what bye is in the language wherever I am. Much easier with expressions everybody understands. Besides, loanwords are nothing special, already 20-30 % of English is comprised of adopted words from other languages. So you have people who are the first to start using a new loanwords, and they are cunts because they do that, and then you have people complaining about these people, and they are cunts because they make a fuss over nothing.

Fucking ponce.

27 minutes ago, EvanG said:

In my language it's getting more and more common to use a lot of English words which pisses me off too... I've noticed that in the last years a lot of people have been saying 'thanks' instead of using the Dutch word. Sometimes I don't remember a word for something in my native language but I do in English, because it's a language I've been listening to almost every single day of my life, but I hate using English words when I'm not speaking English.

I know right?  I hate when I hear that 'oh, you won't have trouble with 'x' european country, they all speak English there!', well, in that case, I might as well go to fuckin' Bognor.  When I go to Holland I wanna see...Dutch people speaking Dutch.  And...I dunno, whatever the fuck there is in Holland, not a bunch of English shite, there's enough of that over here.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What I find more annoying than people using foreign expression that are well-understood

My issue isn't with understanding them, my issue is with it sounding ridiculous coming out of their mouths, particularly when they're ordering a bacon sandwich in a working class english rathole cafe :lol:  In an international setting it makes sense, in the Italian deli across the road it makes sense.  If its well understood then what on earth is the point of using it rather than the standard bye?  I'll tell you why, because you want to project a certain image of yourself, which to me is dull and odious.  And you're even worse, you don't know whether what bye is in the country you're in so you just say 'ciao', fuck it, its foreign, foreign is a universal language, they'll all get it :lol:  Thats like seeing a black guy, not knowing where he's from and goin' 'yo!', all blackies understand 'yo' I'm sure :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

My issue isn't with understanding them, my issue is with it sounding ridiculous coming out of their mouths, particularly when they're ordering a bacon sandwich in a working class english rathole cafe :lol:  In an international setting it makes sense, in the Italian deli across the road it makes sense.  If its well understood then what on earth is the point of using it rather than the standard bye?  I'll tell you why, because you want to project a certain image of yourself, which to me is dull and odious.  And you're even worse, you don't know whether what bye is in the country you're in so you just say 'ciao', fuck it, its foreign, foreign is a universal language, they'll all get it :lol:  Thats like seeing a black guy, not knowing where he's from and goin' 'yo!', all blackies understand 'yo' I'm sure :lol: 

And again with all that English class paranoia :lol: And ciao has become an international expression, it is used all over now, so it is safe to use.

Edited by SoulMonster

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Same bloody poofs who got dishwashers. Who the fuck do they think they are? The bloody pope?

Dishwashers are more shagger suburb items - those people have always been around. These ''ciao'' people are more Guardian reading cosmopolitan tossers.

Granted there is a bit of a cross over between the two.

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And again with all that English class paranoia :lol: And ciao has become an international expression, it is used all over now, so it is safe to use.

So’s bye so why differentiate?  Because you’re a ponce :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

You have, and I responded by posting a picture of the hundreds of so I have collected through the years. 

Well you are just the sort of person who would love a lanyard. 

I noticed people (fans?) were wearing lanyards at the cricket and (naturally) I thought, ''they must be important people, press or photographers or players' families''. I managed to glance at some of these lanyards they were wearing and it turns out that all they are doing is sticking their 2018 membership card - what I have - into a lanyard and wearing it round their neck!!!

Cunts. Cunts. Cunts.

PS

My mother has a saying to ''always be wary of men who wear big sets of keys from their belts''. I suspect a lanyard is in aid of a similar effect: ''look at me, I'm important''.