The whining thread

john lennon

That's three times the size of a pigeon, so that's obviously a nah.

It's the feathers that bother me, the bigger the bird the bigger the feathers.

I could maybe deal with a sparrow or a parakeet, but not those big ass birds.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That's three times the size of a pigeon, so that's obviously a nah.

It's the feathers that bother me, the bigger the bird the bigger the feathers.

I could maybe deal with a sparrow or a parakeet, but not those big ass birds.

As if the parakeet pooping on you wasn't enough of an image! :lol:

Does a single large feather have the same impact? 

I'll probably be roasted for this but oh well...

I'm a 31 year old male...and the issue I'm going to whine about is feeling ugly...I've felt ugly throughout my entire life..between being picked on as a kid throughout school and all the way through college. Being told I'm ugly by other kids, colleagues, "friends", family members and of course girls... I've been turned on by a number of girls in my life and the most common excuse I'd hear is being "you're not my type" or "you're ugly" or "I like you as a friend" or "you've got a wonderful personality but..." Those who do care about me have said the same...that I've got a great personality and thats what makes me attractive...or I'll hear the line of..."attractiveness isn't everything or its not that important" to my response to that is...if beauty or attractiveness isn't important, then why do we admire sunsets and say they are beautiful? Its natural for people to look at others whom they find attractive....I get no response.. I have dated a handful of women in my life and have had long term great relationships...and without sounding like a douche...but most of the girls I've dated were average looking with only two that were absolute knock outs...where I'd ask...how the fuck did I land a girl like that? Again...I've had friends and exes who've told me that looks aren't everything...but they never had issues with being called ugly throughout their lives...Most of my friends in highschool were girls...so of course they'd go bantering on about who they find cute in movies/tv/music, guys in public, guys in school...saying stuff like "they're so sexy, they're so hott, they get my panties in a twist" and so on...While I'm on the sideline thinking...well..what about me? Aren't I attractive? Do I run through a random strangers mind where they think that of me? Has a woman ever in seen me in public and thought to herself..."wow, he's gorgeous!" I've had a couple guy friends who have been hit on randomly by strangers...I guess I can say that I feel like I'm the ugly friend, lol. I can honestly think of 2 accounts in my life where I was randomly hit on by a stranger and both them were drunk off their asses.  I don't know what to do honestly...I've seen therapists about my issues with little to no help...I look at myself in the mirror as I'm getting ready and I think nothing but hateful thoughts about myself and how I look...I really feel like I'm the ugliest person alive...And I know of course other people have it worse than I do, and they are people with legit disfigurements..and I know I'll probably be belittled and roasted to end airing this out on a music forum...I'm just hoping that maybe somebody can shed some light on me....yeah I'm fucked up in the head...they are times where I'll completely not talk to someone or give them the cold shoulder such as a co-worker whom I find attractive simply because when I see them, I think "yep...thats the type of girl who wouldn't give me a time of day in high school and she knows she's pretty" and my job pretty much requires me to be friendly and put on a smile for people, but even then...as I'm greeting my attractive co-workers into the building I work in...they barely look at me and just ignore me as I say hi and good morning to them everyday... Now my issue isn't solely based on how women have treated me over the years...the core issue is me still feeling ugly.  As I mentioned I've had a few long lasting good relationships that went on for years. I just like for once to wake up and see myself and say...yeah..I'm a pretty good looking guy...I legitimately feel sick to my stomach when I see myself in the mirror, especially if I'm naked and then I see nothing but flaws within myself and how I look...I look my parents obviously... but my dad was a ladies man in high school and my mother was beating guys away with a stick...so I'm left with wondering how I turned out like this...Sorry for bantering and running on with making little to no sense...Anyway..

OK, let the roasting begin! 

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, WWEROSES said:

I'm a 31 year old male...and the issue I'm going to whine about is feeling ugly...I've felt ugly throughout my entire life..between being picked on as a kid throughout school and all the way through college. Being told I'm ugly by other kids, colleagues, "friends", family members and of course girls... I've been turned on by a number of girls in my life and the most common excuse I'd hear is being "you're not my type" or "you're ugly" or "I like you as a friend" or "you've got a wonderful personality but..." Those who do care about me have said the same...that I've got a great personality and thats what makes me attractive...or I'll hear the line of..."attractiveness isn't everything or its not that important" to my response to that is...if beauty or attractiveness isn't important, then why do we admire sunsets and say they are beautiful? Its natural for people to look at others whom they find attractive....I get no response.. I have dated a handful of women in my life and have had long term great relationships...and without sounding like a douche...but most of the girls I've dated were average looking with only two that were absolute knock outs...where I'd ask...how the fuck did I land a girl like that? Again...I've had friends and exes who've told me that looks aren't everything...but they never had issues with being called ugly throughout their lives...Most of my friends in highschool were girls...so of course they'd go bantering on about who they find cute in movies/tv/music, guys in public, guys in school...saying stuff like "they're so sexy, they're so hott, they get my panties in a twist" and so on...While I'm on the sideline thinking...well..what about me? Aren't I attractive? Do I run through a random strangers mind where they think that of me? Has a woman ever in seen me in public and thought to herself..."wow, he's gorgeous!" I've had a couple guy friends who have been hit on randomly by strangers...I guess I can say that I feel like I'm the ugly friend, lol. I can honestly think of 2 accounts in my life where I was randomly hit on by a stranger and both them were drunk off their asses.  I don't know what to do honestly...I've seen therapists about my issues with little to no help...I look at myself in the mirror as I'm getting ready and I think nothing but hateful thoughts about myself and how I look...I really feel like I'm the ugliest person alive...And I know of course other people have it worse than I do, and they are people with legit disfigurements..and I know I'll probably be belittled and roasted to end airing this out on a music forum...I'm just hoping that maybe somebody can shed some light on me....yeah I'm fucked up in the head...they are times where I'll completely not talk to someone or give them the cold shoulder such as a co-worker whom I find attractive simply because when I see them, I think "yep...thats the type of girl who wouldn't give me a time of day in high school and she knows she's pretty" and my job pretty much requires me to be friendly and put on a smile for people, but even then...as I'm greeting my attractive co-workers into the building I work in...they barely look at me and just ignore me as I say hi and good morning to them everyday... Now my issue isn't solely based on how women have treated me over the years...the core issue is me still feeling ugly.  As I mentioned I've had a few long lasting good relationships that went on for years. I just like for once to wake up and see myself and say...yeah..I'm a pretty good looking guy...I legitimately feel sick to my stomach when I see myself in the mirror, especially if I'm naked and then I see nothing but flaws within myself and how I look...I look my parents obviously... but my dad was a ladies man in high school and my mother was beating guys away with a stick...so I'm left with wondering how I turned out like this...Sorry for bantering and running on with making little to no sense...Anyway..

Perhaps the problem isn't the world and their values in regards to beauty/ugliness but your own belief in those distorted values.  Just fuck it man, you are what you are and you got two choices, either get on with your life or crawl under a rock and option two don't do nobody no favours, know what I mean?  Basically you're cool with girls, you can get a date, you can presumably get laid but you're annoyed that you don't look like James Dean or something?  Well hey man, who the fuck does?  Everybody has feelings, thats normal...but why are you such a slave to them?  Lets assume for a moment that you're ugly...so what?  Take a look at the world around you man, how many fuckin' stunners do you see walking the streets day in day out?  Most folks are just average looking and, look, you can get hung up about anything, you got to look at your own priorities otherwise they'll be something bugging you even if you had a magic wand to somehow make yourself look like James Dean.  Some folks are short, some folks are tall, some are fat, some don't like their thighs, on the scale of things its kinda trivial stuff.  No one gives a shit that you're ugly, if in fact you are.  And I'm not saying that to sound rude I'm being honest, people are busy with their lives, they don't walk the streets giving a shit what someone looks like, its all in your head, people really ain't bothered, people have shit to do, passions and pursuits...and thats what you should preoccupy yourself with, what you're gonna do/doing with your life, not how you look whilst doing it.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, WWEROSES said:

Thats terrible that you've endured bullying into adulthood. But as you say you also have dated and had relationships. If you really are so ugly then this speaks to the high quality of the rest of who you are - its enticing these people. Sometimes devastatingly attractive people have underdeveloped personalities and can be boring. But its also more then likely that you arent ugly. In an extreme case you might look into body dysmorphia - it might be thought patterns rather then reality thats getting you down.

I think you know that the vibe you put out to your coworkers is what influences how they receive you. You literally have the same station in life as your coworkers. Act like it! Bottom line is that no one is obligated to be attracted to you. No one is attractive to everyone no matter how hot they might be. On this forum you will see people who prefer Slash, others Axl, others Izzy, etc. Its no way to frame your relationship with hot chicks to just preemptively imagine that they probably think your ugly! Just treat everyone with equal respect. Which is exactly what you want from the world too. Bullying is devastating, Im not undermining the lasting effects it can have. But you gotta do your part, do the work of healing.

There really arent a lot of drop dead hot people in the world. Even some celebrities that people drool over dont make sense to me and I suspect without the allure of fame no one would be so into them. So create your mythology, create your mystique. Let others just pick up on your internal self mythologization.

And theres no doubt people who've never got a date are pissed off to hear you complain even as you succeed in the dating world. So I will also be audacious in saying that I hear you lamenting being friend zoned. The flip side of that is that sometimes I'm really valuing a new friendship only to discover that they're interest is purely superficial. Its not a great feeling either. 

We all just play our hands I guess.

• GNFNR 1

I'm designing a logo for a coffee provider. It includes a drop of coffee. Like this. (It isn't this design, mine is far better).

Client feedback: "Their main comment is about the 'tear drop' shape within the main logo, saying that it conveys a sort of sad feeling...??"

My logos make people feel sad. 

SAD. 

WTF?! 

9b18dcf6a19c7e8f81e301daa2a9f810.jpg

27 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I'm designing a logo for a coffee provider. It includes a drop of coffee. Like this. (It isn't this design, mine is far better).

Client feedback: "Their main comment is about the 'tear drop' shape within the main logo, saying that it conveys a sort of sad feeling...??"

My logos make people feel sad. 

SAD. 

WTF?! 

9b18dcf6a19c7e8f81e301daa2a9f810.jpg

Oh yikes, lol! Im sure it has more to do with their brains then your design. I could see them relating a drop to drip-coffee/coffee machine coffee/americano and saying they are above drip coffee (even though a droplet is still a beautiful way to celebrate all coffee). But seeing a tear really takes a certain kinda lens. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WWEROSES said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? There are people that I consider ugly, while others consider them beautiful. Fortunately everyone has a different taste. If you have low self-esteem about your looks, of course you're not going to be happy when you look in the mirror. Besides, most people find flaws when they look in the mirror, especially when they have no confidence. It's like a teenage girl who thinks her pimple covers her whole face and everyone will stare at it, while in reality most people won't even notice it.

You said you've dated two ''knock outs'', so obviously they didn't think that way, or they simply didn't care about looks, because not everyone does. Concentrate on people who aren't shallow, those are the kind of people you should want to be with anyway. Just because some people won't find you attractive or because you don't see yourself that way, doesn't mean no one will. 

• Like 1

Job interviews can be exhausting, especially with timing. My last interview, the train to the place was going later the expected, so I had to schedule for a much later time, only for them to actually have room around noon. Today, The opposite happened for a different place with a phone interview, except we went from the morning to early afternoon, and I later received the call two hours after our rescheduled time, only for the interview to be cut short and possibly rescheduled. And now I have another interview at the different place on a Friday morning and, as much as I understand how it's all worth it for the experience, I'm just.....

57302_o.gif

And if it hasn't been hot enough these last few months, next week there will be another heatwave... I hear that temperatures of 37℃ are possible. It's been very warm now since April... it went from snow in March to immediately summer in April, it's turning into the horror summer that I was dreading. In fact, I think it's already one of the warmest summers ever recorded and it's not even August, usually the hottest month. Fortunately more and more people are starting to complain about it and realize how terrible these summers really are.

• Haha 1

@WWEROSES for what it's worth, looks aren't important to everyone. There's some ridiculously hot girls at my college that aren't attractive to me because they have kind of a bitchy personality. You just gotta find people that don't care if you're attractive (everyone is in their own way) or not.

Like find your good qualities and make them shine through you. For example, I noticed that I have a great sense of humor and a quick wit. I made sure that it was noticable to others and now one of the first things people will say about me is that I have a sense of humor. Anyways, just find the strong points of your personality and make them even stronger. Good luck, my friend! 

I think a healthy amount of arrogance is good too.  You've got to fancy yourself a bit.  It doesn't really matter if you're all that or not, you've just got to...hmm, I'm not sure how to explain what I'm saying.  The best I can explain is, deep down, I don't think I'm all that.  I don't think I'm particularly fuckin' clever or good looking or fuckin'...particularly anything.  But I still have like a natural like...lairyness to myself.  I don't know where it comes from, I guess its just develops from childhood as a survival mechanism.  Cuz lets face it, stick em under a microscope and nobodys all that, are they?  Michaelangelo maybe, Nietsczhe, Dante, I dunno :lol:  But generally speaking folks and just folks.  You gotta have like...a natural disrespect instinct :lol:  So someones good looking, so what, what are you that awed about, end of the day, what is it, whats it about, whats the substance to it?  Fuck all.  This probably comes from growing up admiring people like John Lydon and Sid Vicious, Sid Vicious is an example of a lairy mouthy git who was really arrogant and, really, he didn't really have any reason to be, there was nothing really that special about him, bless him :lol:  But he still had it, that thing. 

You've got to realise this about life, that really its all a bit of fluff and one day it'll be over, no ones all that, never be over-awed by people or situations, end of the day who are they, what the fuck are they gonna do is you do come off stupid/ugly/not well read *insert 'x' hang up here*.  Fuck em.  Seriously, what are they gonna do, what, laugh?  So?!  Think less of you?  So?!  What has actually occurred if they do either those things, how have they made the world, or your world, or their world, a substantially different place by having done so? 

I know I have a very reductive view of the world (i.e. Axl Rose, just a fat ginger ponce, everyones just a *insert reductive observation here*) but personally it works for me, it puts everything in perspective and like...in thinking that no ones really all that its kinda like, y'know, the ultimate in equality, everyones the fuckin' same to me and if thats the case then why would you ever care what some random bellend thinks, fuck em, what are they gonna do about it anyway?  I know that sounds aggressive (and it has often been interpreted as such to my detriment :lol: ) but its not meant to be, its my way of simplifying life and making it mangeable.  Bite sized chunks and that.

• Like 2

On 18/07/2018 at 10:47 AM, WWEROSES said:

I was stunningly beautiful and all it gets you is attractive/ugly ladies wanting to marry you on sight. I had to destroy my looks with booze and drugs and now they are all digusted by me. Such is life. But still booze and drugs are still pretty awesome. 

I actually came here to whine about ordering a Man utd kit for my friend’s client, in the end I ordered one, got it online from Old Trafford megastore but it said it failed, so I ordered another which worked. But I checked my orders in my account and I’ve ordered 2 full utd kits at 232 pounds sterling. So I’m going to sell one on black market in China or just give one away to some hapless Utd fan for a free pint. Fred better score in my fantasy team this year. 

Edited by wasted

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I think a healthy amount of arrogance is good too.  You've got to fancy yourself a bit.

This is very true. Women (and men!) are drawn to confidence.  Cause then we think "huh, this guy must have something special about him"..which makes people look deeper and FIND the special things, which we all have. The tricky part is not crossing over that fine line of confidence into being a dick :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

This is very true. Women (and men!) are drawn to confidence.  Cause then we think "huh, this guy must have something special about him"..which makes people look deeper and FIND the special things, which we all have. The tricky part is not crossing over that fine line of confidence into being a dick :P 

But even aside from what attracts men and women, I think its just a necessary component of being a functioning human being, you can’t live your life like an open wound, waiting to be withered by every side ways glance or chuckle you deem to be directed at you, you’ll never live your life.  More than what pleases men and women (because honestly I think that stuff is all natural and will just happen during the course of life if you just put yourself out there consistently) I meant more in the sense of like, making your life liveable for yourself, cuz none of a lot of the above has TRULY to do with what attracts men and women but rather like, self opinion...and thats what matters more than anything, being able to live with yourself and who you are.

Male and female (or whatever combo) relations are the most natural thing in the world, we’re genetically pre-disposed towards that shit, if you just keep putting yourself in social situations it occurs, I think, personally, you need to figure out what you want to do with your life and pursue it, that other thing will occur as like a natural by-product of having done so.

a lot of this ‘oh I’m so ugly’ etc stuff, and those fuckin’ psycho incel guys, that shit is just basically about making too much out of sex.  Dont get me wrong, sex is fuckin’ amazing but at the same time you can’t honestly like...obssess about the idea of it because it’ll just make you into a creep.  Its a doing thing, not an A level option.

Edited by Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

a lot of this ‘oh I’m so ugly’ etc stuff, and those fuckin’ psycho incel guys, that shit is just basically about making too much out of sex.

Is it? So the OP is just obsessing about feeling ugly cause he can't get a hot girl to have sex with? Oh for pete sakes! :lol: And is that why those incel guys are so mad..bc I remember thinking there are lots of different types of toys and dolls and whatnot now, can't you get your rocks off that way, its gotta feel sorta similar no? lol.

But yes, what you say above..certainly words to live by..you have to be happy and content with yourself, before you can be happy and content with anyone else..especially because a lot of people nowadays do have a hard time finding a partner so you must have a way of dealing with that and being okay with that...also, to try and get a sense of self worth via how good your partner looks to the outside world, will never work. Not to mention, the more you love someone, the more "hot" and beautiful they become to you!

Having said all that, I do think @WWEROSES issues run a bit deeper, so please continue to talk to therapists! We all have times where we look in the mirror and say Damn I am looking ugly right now, but it shouldn't control your life, and you should be having an equal amount of time saying Damn I look nice today! Someone mentioned body dysmorphia which I think is a good place to start. You shouldn't have to feel like this all the time. Sometimes medication for depression is also good for obsessive compulsive disorders, which could be an issue here too..that could also be something to explore. Good luck and keep working on yourself.

• Like 1