GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Good day!

Remember that China Exchange interview? Axl said that this version of GNR in not way comes from nowhere and he thinks and wants to have this line up in the long...long run (I want this too!!!), and he wants this line up to work...now...I read a bit and I don't believe for a minute that Slash and Duff are mere hired musicians, they made their contracts and have Axl by his lovely balls, I think they have a said in every decision this dysfuctional and fucked up band has taken (Izzy's absence is not only Axl's fault) in the past and every decision in the future.....that's the reason I'm hopeful for new material...maybe Slash contract says that he has to go with Myles in the near future and Axl will take advantage and work with ACDC....

@killuridols I hope you're right and will be hearing something in the next months, before the monk goes to his sanctuary in Malibu at the end of November.

3 hours ago, Asia said:
3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Has Guns N' Roses even got a record label any more? 

I don't know actually. But Ithey should be able to find one and negotiate pretty good conditions now with all the hype going on...

If they don't have one, it's a good chance to use some of the loads of money they've made from the tour to create their own label; they could make a deal with a major for distribution/marketing...

47 minutes ago, Asia said:

I am aware of that, which is why I tend to blame Axl not Slash. :P Something tells me Slash would shelve Myles for another decade if there was a chance of a new album and another smoothly going tour with Guns.

I'm not sure about this... Slash is used to have his own band/do his own thing now. And the SMKC album is already written I think, waiting to be recorded...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Slash will not sit down to wait until Axl decides what the next GN'R album will be like. He shelved Myles for this tour and if there are no plans of new GN'R music for the next year, then he will shelf GN'R and go do his thing.

Hmm, not sure that Myles is exactly shelved, although SMKC certainly is.  Myles and Alter Bridge are touring all around, at Fairs and Festivals and such.  :question:   They'll be down your way next month.  :D

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If they don't have one, it's a good chance to use some of the loads of money they've made from the tour to create their own label; they could make a deal with a major for distribution/marketing...

Axl still has Black Frog publishing and he still uses it. 

I wonder if Slash and Duff would trust Axl enough to go down the indie road and buy into him? I don't see Axl signing up to major labels ever again if he isn't stuck with one at the moment. 

• Like 1

I'm sure Slash would love to make a new album with GNR but I can't see him just doing GNR for many years in a row. It's true (as far as we know) that there's no drama this time but still there are things that don't go fit that well with him IMO. Not being able to do interviews for example, I'm sure he enjoyed those "holidays" at first but now it must be really awkward for him. Also playing stadiums all the time, the lack of creativity (IF they release an album, they'll probably take time especially to work on it but he doesn't get to create new music during the tour in the way he could with SMKC), the relationship with the other members and employees (Duff seems to be the only one he really is close to offstage)...

I totally imagine him wanting to take some time to do his thing with his own band, doing things in his terms, being able to release music whenever he wants and all that.

28 minutes ago, triad said:

Hmm, not sure that Myles is exactly shelved, although SMKC certainly is.  Myles and Alter Bridge are touring all around, at Fairs and Festivals and such.  :question:   They'll be down your way next month.  :D

I'll be seeing Alter Bridge next month indeed. @Andy14 must be so jealous of me :rofl-lol:

11 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wonder if Slash and Duff would trust Axl enough to go down the indie road and buy into him? I don't see Axl signing up to major labels ever again if he isn't stuck with one at the moment. 

Slash has been releasing his albums through his own label too, Dyk Haid. He might be into the idea of avoiding the big labels. Not so sure about the businessman, though :P

• Like 2

I actually think that Slash's relationship with everyone there is extremely good. Axl's band crawls up his ass so deep they can barely be seen from inside of there, TB are like sweet angels to him (the hugging Beta thing and remeber the post from Fernando?), I 'd say he's having a very fine time right now with these people. As for interviews - Slash never liked doing them in the first place, so I don't think it is a drag, it may actually suit him very well. Who knows, maybe it was even his idea?

I have a feeling Slash has actually missed playing stadiums very much in the break-up years and he's in seventh heaven now to have that excitement back rather than missing smaller venues. He's a stadium beast, he has always enjoyed the spotlight, let's face it, Slash ain't no Izzy Stradlin ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Good day!

Remember that China Exchange interview? Axl said that this version of GNR in not way comes from nowhere and he thinks and wants to have this line up in the long...long run (I want this too!!!), and he wants this line up to work...now...I read a bit and I don't believe for a minute that Slash and Duff are mere hired musicians, they made their contracts and have Axl by his lovely balls, I think they have a said in every decision this dysfuctional and fucked up band has taken (Izzy's absence is not only Axl's fault) in the past and every decision in the future.....that's the reason I'm hopeful for new material...maybe Slash contract says that he has to go with Myles in the near future and Axl will take advantage and work with ACDC....

@killuridols I hope you're right and will be hearing something in the next months, before the monk goes to his sanctuary in Malibu at the end of November.

There's no chance of another lineup without Slash and Duff anymore. If Axl screws up this thing he's got now he's gonna be screw forever. I know everything's possible in GN'R world but seriously, there's no future for a GN'R missing Slash and Duff for a second time.

Lol the monk back to his sanctuary.... That's highly likely he wants to crawl back to his safe cave. It's been wild out there :P

1 hour ago, triad said:

I meant to say Myles is shelved from Slash schedule but I know he's touring with his band and I know he's coming to Argentina. Tough luck I'm not gonna be there :devilshades:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:
1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Slash has been releasing his albums through his own label too, Dyk Haid. He might be into the idea of avoiding the big labels. Not so sure about the businessman, though :P

I think Slash shares ownership of the label with Perla though... :unsure: Unless they have settled it and Slash has bought her share...

• Like 1

Slash always liked to play the smaller venues as well as stadiums.He has said  that he missed playing smaller places when he was touring with GNR before. Wasn't the contract only until November? I'm sure i read that somewhere, if the contracts aren't renewed

then Axl will do ACDC and Slash will continue with SMKC. I think the ball is in Axl's court regarding new music as Duff and Slash ain't gonna wait around for ever.

48 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@BorderlineCrazy wow, I didn't know that about Slash. So he's on the same page as Axl when it comes to having an indie label, well that is something!! 

I think a lot of bands/musicians are on that page, just it's really tough unless you've got a shedload of upfront cash - which Guns should by now have.  They would be crazy to go with any label but their own at this stage of their career where they're raking it in.  A label can offer them nothing now they shouldn't be able to cover themselves.  You could argue marketing, I suppose, but as their lack of interviews/press etc seems to have proven, they don't really need that.  Everything seems to be in-house anyway what with TB, their selected legal reps, and I'm almost certain, between the three of them, they'd have their own contacts for distribution chanels/outlets etc..  Well, heck, if the likes of Hanson (who have been indie for several years now) can do it and live very comfortably, Guns certainly should be able to, as long as they don't overspend.

22 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There's no chance of another lineup without Slash and Duff anymore. If Axl screws up this thing he's got now he's gonna be screw forever. I know everything's possible in GN'R world but seriously, there's no future for a GN'R missing Slash and Duff for a second time.

Totally agree....I don't conceive another GNR, besides this one and add Izzy

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Slash shares ownership of the label with Perla though... :unsure: Unless they have settled it and Slash has bought her share...

I am not 100% sure that Black Frog is entirely free of Universal either. GnR are still listed on their website as artists.  

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well, he hugs Beta the other day...jeje...must count for something

51 minutes ago, Asia said:

I actually think that Slash's relationship with everyone there is extremely good. Axl's band crawls up his ass so deep they can barely be seen from inside of there, TB are like sweet angels to him (the hugging Beta thing and remeber the post from Fernando?), I 'd say he's having a very fine time right now with these people. As for interviews - Slash never liked doing them in the first place, so I don't think it is a drag, it may actually suit him very well. Who knows, maybe it was even his idea?

I have a feeling Slash has actually missed playing stadiums very much in the break-up years and he's in seventh heaven now to have that excitement back rather than missing smaller venues. He's a stadium beast, he has always enjoyed the spotlight, let's face it, Slash ain't no Izzy Stradlin ;)

I was actually refering to the hired musicians and I don't mean their relationship is bad, it just looks cold and distant. I know Fortus loves talking about how they're constantly texting back and forth but we don't really see them hanging out together at all.

The press thing could never be Slash's idea since it started during the dark NuGNR years.

I'm sure Slash wanted to have the chance to play stadiums again but that doesn't mean spending a few years playing only stadiums. He once said they're the worst tipe of venues to play because even if there's a massive crowd going crazy, there is a sense of disconnection between the band and the crowd. I'm sure he was happy to be able to do it again but I believe he prefers smaller venues in the long run.

40 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, don't know what happened with that after the divorce.

They're going back to arenas soon aren't they? 

They won't be able to play the stadiums for much longer and to be honest all of these guys are used to playing  much smaller venues :P  they'll be enjoying those stadiums whilst they can! 

They know it's back to the arenas and theatres for them soon. Even Axl/DC will be an arena act. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They're going back to arenas soon aren't they? 

They won't be able to play the stadiums for much longer and to be honest all of these guys are used to playing  much smaller venues :P  they'll be enjoying those stadiums whilst they can! 

They know it's back to the arenas and theatres for them soon. Even Axl/DC will be an arena act. 

Can't see that happening here though can you?

Also i've been meaning to ask you, On night 2 in London what music was played between the bands. Day one was The Clash mostly but i only got in as the shots were being fired on day 2 so missed it.Do you remember?

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Can't see that happening here though can you?

Also i've been meaning to ask you, On night 2 in London what music was played between the bands. Day one was The Clash mostly but i only got in as the shots were being fired on day 2 so missed it.Do you remember?

Arenas? 

Yes day 2 was Motörhead, all Motörhead !! 

• Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Arenas? 

Yes day 2 was Motörhead, all Motörhead !! 

yeah arenas

So day 1 and 2 was all UK based. I wonder if they do that in all the other countries :shrugs:Maybe they did it because they love us :lol: or for Slash, Axl did say "he's one of your own" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

yeah arenas

So day 1 and 2 was all UK based. I wonder if they do that in all the other countries :shrugs:Maybe they did it because they love us :lol: or for Slash, Axl did say "he's one of your own" 

I'm pretty sure they can play stadiums again here if they want to, unfortunately. They would just have to travel up the country this time :( 

Yeah, I wondered on day one if they were going to play anything else but The Clash, nope! :lol:

I thought it was quite sweet how they play us only English bands, they know we think of all American bands as 'Yankee Crap' :awesomeface:

• Like 1

Probably they want to play

40 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
57 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Yeah, I wondered on day one if they were going to play anything else but The Clash, nope! :lol:

I thought it was quite sweet how they play us only English bands, they know we think of all American bands as 'Yankee Crap' :awesomeface:

I read that in St. Louis they played all Chuck Berry and in Minneapolis they played Prince. Probably they want to be country/region friendly as much as possible :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They kept playing Londons Burning by The Clash on day one :facepalm: Lots of people noticed. 

Yeah, although great, probably a bit unfortunate choice for the circumstances...

I've read in an article from the UYI days: "even the music played before the show is dictated by Rose" :lol: 

I wonder who picks the music /gives directions now.

Edited by Blackstar

56 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, although great, probably a bit unfortunate choice for the circumstances...

I've read in an article from the UYI days: "even the music played before the show is dictated by Rose" :lol: 

I wonder who picks the music /gives directions now.

Somebody who is a big Motörhead fan and knows their best songs because that day was awesome. 

The times I've seen the Axl band I am ashamed to admit that I had no idea what they were playing over the PA :question: Some really cool songs but I didn't actually know who by or what they're called, I'd love to know the shows PA playlist from 2010/12 (it was pretty long cos of the lateness :lol:

I wish they'd play arenas here, just so I can hear Axl say "NottingHAM" and "BirmingHAM" again :lol:

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

wish they'd play arenas here, just so I can here Axl say "NottingHAM" and "BirmingHAM" again :lol:

:lol: Axl and his "Yankee" Midwestern accent... :)

... Has he ever said something in Italian? The result would probably be similar to how Brad Pitt's character in Inglourious Basterds sounded :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1