British Politics

Gracii Guns

19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Its known as a Burberry cap the show piece of any Chavs hat collection 

Interesting. Are they all vintage or are the new ones considered posh too? I kinda like em. Seems that they dont have adjustable sizes, that they are crafted to fit one size, which is kinda neat too.

Also, what is a chav?

22 minutes ago, soon said:

Interesting. Are they all vintage or are the new ones considered posh too? I kinda like em. Seems that they dont have adjustable sizes, that they are crafted to fit one size, which is kinda neat too.

Also, what is a chav?

Its a phrase invented so that people can look down on the (predominately white but its applied quite broadly too) working classes of this country, a yank equivalent I suppose would be white trash, trailer trash etc.  It originally began as an insult to gysies and such.  Acceptable prejudice basically, prejudice against people that no one gives a fuck about.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Its a phrase invented so that people can look down on the (predominately white but its applied quite broadly too) working classes of this country, a yank equivalent I suppose would be white trash, trailer trash etc.  It originally began as an insult to gysies and such.  Acceptable prejudice basically, prejudice against people that no one gives a fuck about.

Oh, I get it. Thanks. So, for a little bling, they started wearing vintage rich mans hats or reproductions?

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, I get it. Thanks. So, for a little bling, they started wearing vintage rich mans hats or reproductions?

Its kinda like how, I dunno, rappers wear LV and all that shit, its not really FOR them but thats kinda the point of why they wear em, its a status thing, a get fresh thing, everybody wants to get fresh so its like an equivalent.  Designer brands in general, Versace, Ralph, you're not really supposed to see these things on your average shithole high street, its like rich peoples brands that have slowly filtered down to the working classes...and they're not happy about it.  Its just Burberry is so synonymous with the fox hunting set that it pissed them off greatly.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck me, she's got some urgent choppers on her eh, the one on the right.  She'd make a great Bond girl with those teeth, James would never have to worry about being tied above the shark tank with her, she could chew her way through the rope before Scaramanga knows whats happening.

She could eat an apple through a fucking tennis racket! :lol: 

• Haha 1

This story continues to disgust me,

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1086123/emiliano-sala-plane-crash-pilot-wife-missing

The British government had a little peak for the plane and in the end couldn't be arsed, giving up after about five minutes. Maradonna and a bunch of millionaires then payed a private company to retrieve the footballer, whom they found instantly, but left the pilot - has human decency gone completely array here? That Richard Maddeley tosser on ITV then conducted one of the most insensitive interviews I have ever seen (''what would retrieving the body mean to you?''). Somebody simply find him. Of your own inclination and altruism and public spiritness and decency. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The British government had a little peak for the plane and in the end couldn't be arsed, giving up after about five minutes. Maradonna and a bunch of millionaires then payed a private company to retrieve the footballer, whom they found instantly, but left the pilot - has human decency gone completely array here? 

The article you linked says that they didn't find the pilot. So it's not like they found him but just couldn't be bothered to bring him back, as you make it out to be. Do we have any evidence they wouldn't have brought him back up if they did find him?

On 2/9/2019 at 12:06 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Christopher Cope is at it again, this time opposing female mutilation. He is a rotten old bastard haha. 

Also has one of the safest seats in the country. Has one of the highest proportion of over-60's area in the country and with the except 2 or 3 election has voted conservative for literally 100's of years. 

That's why this country doesn't work politically.

Also it looks like May is still pushing back the vote on her deal being rejected till the last possible moment, when this is supposed to happen next month. How are people still defending her?

Edited by AtariLegend

9 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The article you linked says that they didn't find the pilot. So it's not like they found him but just couldn't be bothered to bring him back, as you make it out to be. Do we have any evidence they wouldn't have brought him back up if they did find him?

Ja Herr Flick. 

18 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I don't really know much about politics other than this Brexit lark's gone to bollocks but this is just hilarious 

Just know that he's a man of the people who has videos and twitter bots talking about how he's a working class man of the people.

His rich father the former High Sheriff of Sommerset, Lord Reese Mogg was the former editor of The Times and used to be one of those that ran the BBC. He himself is worth £150 Million and his investment firm (that he co-owns/co-founded, but claims he has nothing to do with) has many millions tied up in ciggarettes/oil companies/ect. has shifted to Ireland to benefit from Brexit.

The only thing he has in common with the people he's portrayed as a hero to, by Murdoch, Mail and Daily Express is that he thinks there's too many ethinc minorites in parliament in the Tory party.

It was William Rees-Mogg who wrote Who breaks a butterfly upon a wheel? Rolling Stones fans will know of this. 

But returning to the point, neither side in Brexit has a monopoly on cuntdom. Remain carries with it the stigma of being supported by Tony Blair, Mandelson and the ilk!!

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

Just know that he's a man of the people who has videos and twitter bots talking about how he's a working class man of the people.

His rich father the former High Sheriff of Sommerset, Lord Reese Mogg was the former editor of The Times and used to be one of those that ran the BBC. He himself is worth £150 Million and his investment firm (that he co-owns/co-founded, but claims he has nothing to do with) has many millions tied up in ciggarettes/oil companies/ect. has shifted to Ireland to benefit from Brexit.

The only thing he has in common with the people he's portrayed as a hero to, by Murdoch, Mail and Daily Express is that he thinks there's too many ethinc minorites in parliament in the Tory party.

I don't think it is about one person. The problem now is the division within the two big parties. Tories and Labour have MP who support hard Brexit, those who support soft Brexit and those who just want Remain. Neither May nor Corbyn can square the circle

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Kids ehh striking from school for green issues or some bollocks. Sod picket fences and protests. I'd have used that day to have a good lie-in in bed. Wankers. 

You might be onto it, they should have a John and Yoko style Bed-In next round!

Isn't it mostly just sad that kids have to strike since adults wont do shit to address climate change, though? They're striking here too, ya know. Although I think it was a snow day anyways as it turns out

• Like 1

On 13/02/2019 at 9:15 AM, SoulMonster said:

The currents in the channel are so strong that if he had managed to eject or get free of the plane he could be several miles from the wreckage by the time they found the poor guy inside it. It was more than a week after the crash. It would be nice to think the football club would continue to fund the search but I doubt it was a case of just leaving him a few yards from the plane. I might be wrong.

I don't know where the statutory obligation in the uk ends to recover a body. It seems like it's similar to lost climbers on Everest, if it's very risky/expensive/not suspicious then they just leave the body. I agree it's very harsh but I can't disagree too much with the logic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

The currents in the channel are so strong that if he had managed to eject or get free of the plane he could be several miles from the wreckage by the time they found the poor guy inside it. It was more than a week after the crash. It would be nice to think the football club would continue to fund the search but I doubt it was a case of just leaving him a few yards from the plane. I might be wrong.

I don't know where the statutory obligation in the uk ends to recover a body. It seems like it's similar to lost climbers on Everest, if it's very risky/expensive/not suspicious then they just leave the body. I agree it's very harsh but I can't disagree too much with the logic.

That's what kind of what I was thinking, too.

That it is an assumption based on little evidence - NB it was a privately funded enterprise which found the footballer. The British coastal authorities don't seem to have been overly impressive as the private company found the plane almost instantly, the former having given up. 

35 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That it is an assumption based on little evidence

Are you saying that your description of what happened, that they found the two bodies but refused to bring the pilot up, is not an assumption based on little evidence? Again, if you read the article you referenced (which is all I have read about this case), there is nothing in it that supports the notion that the pilot was found but that they couldn't be bothered to bring him up.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Are you saying that your description of what happened, that they found the two bodies but refused to bring the pilot up, is not an assumption based on little evidence? Again, if you read the article you referenced (which is all I have read about this case), there is nothing in it that supports the notion that the pilot was found but that they couldn't be bothered to bring him up.

Well I was being rhetorical and within that rhetoric a tad facetiousness Herr Flick. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I was being rhetorical and within that rhetoric a tad facetiousness Herr Flick. 

No, you were accusing the rescue party for not having the "human decency" to bring up the pilot. It's pretty serious, don't you think? But I guess in your disgust for modern footballers everything is okay?