THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is Len going to Baku then one wonders? 

Fuck that shit, I don’t do away fixtures of any sort, I ain’t travelling to those ghastly north country outposts, nevermind catching a plane to Wogland :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuck that shit, I don’t do away fixtures of any sort, I ain’t travelling to those ghastly north country outposts, nevermind catching a plane to Wogland :lol: 

They are Shi'ites out there, believers of the First Imam Ali. 

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I used to do a lot of European away days before I had my son.

But now days i can't afford it also the thrill wares off after nearly getting you head kicked in by a bit fat Galatasaray Ultra 

You are Man U. You had it coming.

• Haha 1

They are Shi'ites out there

:lol: 

That is an unfortunate name innit? :lol:  They pronounce it Shee-Ah, fuck knows why its written shites :lol:  Some old time colonial era Manc' probably fancied a giggle.  I get lost at all that Imam bollocks, confusing as fuck.

Edited by Len Cnut

14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

:lol: 

That is an unfortunate name innit? :lol:  They pronounce it Shee-Ah, fuck knows why its written shites :lol:  Some old time colonial era Manc' probably fancied a giggle.  I get lost at all that Imam bollocks, confusing as fuck.

The name comes from the bodily repercussions of the food they eat perhaps?

Briefly, the difference between Sunni and Shia concerns the successor of Muhammad. According to Sunni, after Muhammad's death, his disciples elected Abu Bakr as first caliph, Muhammad's father-in-law. Shia believe that Muhammad appointed Ali as successor and imam, his son-in-law, during his lifetime - Shia is more monarchical. There are other differences, ethno-geographic and not just religious (Shia is Persian, Sunni Arabian), but that was the key difference which led to religious schism. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The name comes from the bodily repercussions of the food they eat perhaps?

Briefly, the difference between Sunni and Shia concerns the successor of Muhammad. According to Sunni, after Muhammad's death, his disciples elected Abu Bakr as first caliph, Muhammad's father-in-law. Shia believe that Muhammad appointed Ali as successor and imam, his son-in-law, during his lifetime - Shia is more monarchical. There are other differences, ethno-geographic and not just religious (Shia is Persian, Sunni Arabian), but that was the key difference which led to religious schism. 

Is there no written authority on the matter?

Im watching The Sunderland v Portsmouth play off game and the ball goes for a throw in after a fiercly contested tackle. Sky microphones pick up a player going "fuck off" to the linesman. The Sky commentator apologises in case anyone was offended by the language 😁 It's 9.15pm and he told the linesman to fuck off in the heat of the moment who cares? 

8 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Looking forward to seeing us get over turned by Cardiff tomorrow

I’m getting the tram into Manchester to watch the game with the City fans. Was tempted to get the train to Liverpool to watch a bunch of scousers cry but that would require actually going to Liverpool which is never a good thing. :lol: 

51 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I’m getting the tram into Manchester to watch the game with the City fans. Was tempted to get the train to Liverpool to watch a bunch of scousers cry but that would require actually going to Liverpool which is never a good thing. :lol: 

You bloody shameless glory hunter waltzing along for the victory parade 😁 I bet you'll have a parka on doing that manc strut later.

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

Just left Milton Keynes train station on my way to OT for a sunday afternoon of sheer dissapointment 

Hope Ole plays as many young players as possible and gives some debuts out. Absolutely pointless playing the dead wood for this one. 

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Just left Milton Keynes train station on my way to OT for a sunday afternoon of sheer dissapointment 

I’ll buy you a pint if you’re in the city after the game.