THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Top 4 offically dead and buried huge rebuild needed.

RB

CB

LW

CDM

ST

Pretty much 1 player for every position.

On a positive Shaw was great Today Baily showed signs before the injury.

De Gea needs to fix up or move on so we may be shopping for a GK too.

They should be moving heaven and earth to keep De Gea. He's out of form but he has been consistently superb for a few years now. Who are they gonna get whose better. 

Sanchez is a big dilemma cos who the fuck is gonna buy him now and pay him 500k a week. He'll just chill now for a few years and pick up millions. 

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

De Gea's head has been turned I think.

Inter are in for Alexis apparently 

Yeah i see what your saying hes been flirting for a while but he had a shit world cup and hes in pretty shit form so im not sure his stock is as high as it was. I rate him massively though.

Sanchez is the big one, get him out, Lukaku I like, but he has resale value so off he can fuck. Literally all of the defence including Shaw. Rashford has to stay because he's a Manc and he is class but if United are out of CL for the next few years he might decide to go himself. Aguero can't go on forever 🤔

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

I'm quite tempted. I live less than 200 yards from the stadium so it's very convenient.

You should definitely go. I'm not the biggest football fan either but I got drawn in because of what is at stake which is nothing less than promotion to the National League. Spartans have won 7 games in a row and your lot are one position above so these are two quality clubs. They are putting on two coachloads here. £20 to Altrincham haha. They'll all be hammered I imagine as they are meeting in a pub and no doubt they'll be drinking on the coaches. 

Non-league footy is much better than all of that premiership nonsense. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You should definitely go. I'm not the biggest football fan either but I got drawn in because of what is at stake which is nothing less than promotion to the National League. Spartans have won 7 games in a row and your lot are one position above so these are two quality clubs. They are putting on two coachloads here. £20 to Altrincham haha. They'll all be hammered I imagine as they are meeting in a pub and no doubt they'll be drinking on the coaches. 

Non-league footy is much better than all of that premiership nonsense. 

Altrincham's a great place to go on the piss. You might see a few of the travelling faithful kicking off about a fiver a pint though. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Altrincham's a great place to go on the piss. You might see a few of the travelling faithful kicking off about a fiver a pint though. :lol: 

I think they'll just bus them there and bus them back personally. Football is uncouth like that. 

I paid £5.50 for an IPA last night in Newcastle! I had £5 in my hand and had to get another 50p out. 

How do betting odds work again as I know nothing of gambling, never having gambled in my life? All I know is Headingley '81 had 500 to 1 England winning and Lillee and Marsh put a fiver on the ''Poms''!

Somebody explain this,

HOME
DRAW
AWAY
Altrincham
5/6
Draw
12/5
Blyth Spartans
5/2

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How do betting odds work again as I know nothing of gambling, never having gambled in my life? All I know is Headingley '81 had 500 to 1 England winning and Lillee and Marsh put a fiver on the ''Poms''!

Somebody explain this,

HOME
DRAW
AWAY
Altrincham
5/6
Draw
12/5
Blyth Spartans
5/2

5/6 simply means for every 6 quid you put on you get 5 back...12/5 means for every fiver you get 12 back.

What a miserable week. Unfortunately another 'Lisbon Lion' passed away on Monday evening, the great Stevie Chalmers, another ex footballer who had to battle dementia in his later years.

He scored the winner in the final of the European Cup, but his goal-scoring record in general was phenomenal, only being beaten by Jimmy McGrory, Henrik Larsson and Bobby Lennox. Not a bad list to have your name carried alongside. Only the 5 Scotland caps to show for his career, and never played for his country again after 1966, the year before his finest hour. It has always baffled me at how poorly capped that team was at international level, given their huge success and domestic dominance for many years. 

GW500H652

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Figure on the left EG 5 is the returns on figure to the right EG 6

So to bet on Altrincham a bet of £60 would return a £50 profit 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

5/6 simply means for every 6 quid you put on you get 5 back...12/5 means for every fiver you get 12 back.

Thanks. I'm not adopting gambling by the way. Just curious about the odds for this particular game.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They ain't too keen on em winning basically.  The bookies I mean.

Spartans have won 7 games in a row and haven't been beaten in 10 games so I'm not sure why besides playing away from home - Altrincham are only one spot above them in the table so it isn't as if there is this immense gap in the league either. Also this very same fixture in the regular season was 1-1, whereas the fixture at Spartan's home ground resulted in a 2-1 Spartans victory!

PS

Heck, have I not just leaked a convincing argument for you lot to have a flutter haha?

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Spartans have won 7 games in a row and haven't been beaten in 10 games so I'm not sure why besides playing away from home - Altrincham are only one spot above them in the table so it isn't as if there is this immense gap in the league either. Also this very same fixture in the regular season was 1-1, whereas the fixture at Spartan's home ground resulted in a 2-1 Spartans victory!

PS

Heck, have I not just leaked a convincing argument for you lot to have a flutter haha?

I ain't putting money on this non-league bollocks, they're shaky as fuck.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Non-league is better than all that fancy pants diving millionaires stuff you lot watch in the premiership and champions league. 

Not gambling-wise it ain't and thats what I was getting at, I feel more comfortable gambling on Aguero or Salah or Messi or Ronaldos potential to put balls in the back of nets than Alan Crawley the part time bakery assistant who moonlights for Thetford Town or whatever.  Other than that I agree, the lower leagues are the backbone of English football. 

Edited by Len Cnut

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Not gambling-wise it ain't and thats what I was getting at, I feel more comfortable gambling on Aguero or Salah or Messi or Ronaldos potential to put balls in the back of nets than Alan Crawley the part time bakery assistant who moonlights for Thetford Town or whatever.  Other than that I agree, the lower leagues are the backbone of English football. 

Because you don't know much about the teams. Some of these teams are powerhouses. 

14 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I don't advise it you will end up like me and Len .. I Mean i'm alright to be fair but Heard Len has this thing for Swans.

When I say thing I mean Urge like animal urge ya know!?

Stay away from that man.

I sat through the whole Twilight movie cuz I heard there's a character in it called Bella Swan.  0 out of fuckin' 10 :angry: