THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

33 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can’t see City losing it now. 

4-1, now, oh well, respect to City, they didn’t fuckin’ blink all the way down the stretch, can’t do nothing but applaud that.  

Tottenham bottling it again, further testament to just how shit Arsenal have been to not be able to deal with these piss easy final fixture run.

Just now, Dazey said:

Nice one Mystic Meg! :lol: 

You should scroll through this forum and have a butchers at some of my gambling predictions, they’re worth a laugh :lol: 

Did'nt really think we were winning anyway except for that minute where Brighton were ahead. Had thought it was already over for a few games now. Also cynically wrote of the chances at the start of the season. It just seemed a little too bizarre of a concept. I was literally a baby the last time it happened, so no memories of it.

That said, I do expect to win the Champions League. Can't really imagine us lossing to Spurs in a European Cup final. This ain't a Real Madrid side of World Cup winners in their prime or that AC Milan side in the 2000's.

Edited by AtariLegend

4 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

On the bright side United finished closer on points to Brighton and a relegation battle than to us in a title race.

Looking forward to what Ole can do next year.

Never mind. I’m sure winning the Champions League will compensate somewhat. 

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

Can we please play Celtic at Ibrox every week? What a game, what a team performance. Two excellent goals. A great day out.

Did Rangers acknowledge Celtics title win at all on the day? I thought all week the best thing would be to give them some applause before the game as difficult as it would be, show a bit of class and not appear petty but then make damn sure to beat them in the match. 

1 minute ago, spunko12345 said:

Did Rangers acknowledge Celtics title win at all on the day? I thought all week the best thing would be to give them some applause before the game as difficult as it would be, show a bit of class and not appear petty but then make damn sure to beat them in the match. 

I'd have given them a guard of honour and just had done with it, but that's my personal opinion from my own set of values. The Rangers board decided not to.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For some reason I find amusing images of lacrimose football fans after their team flops. Doesn't matter the team (although Chelsea and Man U are preferable).

Sunderland fans after relegation always raise a smile. :lol: 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For some reason I find amusing images of lacrimose football fans after their team flops. Doesn't matter the team (although Chelsea and Man U are preferable).

They have to be wearing the club strip aswell. Bonus points if they have their kid with them and he's bawling aswell

24 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Sunderland fans after relegation always raise a smile. :lol: 

I prefer the relegation ones because you know they're at rock bottom 😁. Couldn't properly enjoy the Liverpool fans crying today or Barcelona fans the other night because it's ultimately all gonna be ok for them. 

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

This is what happens of course in Rugby

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is what happens of course in Rugby

Pissing in the wind mate never gonna happen. Im not really sure why football fans need to prove how much they hate each other. I can watch Newport Dragons v Cardiff Blues on Boxing day fans all mingling together taking the piss. Drink a beer together on the terraces and behave normally. For some reason that couldn't happen in football.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

There are some images of Celtic's manager looking distinctly unchuffed today:

3fae02c9-a125-48cd-8f5a-27ebd19fa7b1.jpg

Of course he’s upset. He’s ginger and the sun’s out. He’s going to have a stage 4 melanoma by breakfast. :lol: 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Pissing in the wind mate never gonna happen. Im not really sure why football fans need to prove how much they hate each other. I can watch Newport Dragons v Cardiff Blues on Boxing day fans all mingling together taking the piss. Drink a beer together on the terraces and behave normally. For some reason that couldn't happen in football.

This is why I love NFL. Been to see my team in New Orleans a few times and you can get hammered in the stands with the opposing fans for four hours and nobody tries to kill each other. They leave that to the gangs as soon as you leave the stadium. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

This is why I love NFL. Been to see my team in New Orleans a few times and you can get hammered in the stands with the opposing fans for four hours and nobody tries to kill each other. They leave that to the gangs as soon as you leave the stadium. :lol: 

You can actually do that in every sport in England except football.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You can actually do that in every sport in England except football.

Fair enough but I defy you to name anywhere in England with a better nightlife than New Orleans. Gangland murders aside. :lol: