06/15/18 - Firenze, Italy - Firenze Rocks

downzy

58 minutes ago, bdinan said:

Makes sense. I have never sung in a band, but when I sing karaoke I kinda feel dopey standing there during a minute long solo with nothing to do. So that kinda makes a whole lot of sense. 

I've been singing I bands for 10+ years and I'll often sneak off during a solo to grab a drink of water, save some energy & give the musicians some spotlight. On a side note karaoke is way more akward cuz there's no one to interact with.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Corben01 said:

Haha yeah it was in Gelsen tuesday! I was just in front. 

Its really good to see him smiling and enjoying the energy while singing. I think we can say hes in a musical and mentally better and happier space. 

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

Setlist

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
Shadow Of Your Love
You Could Be Mine
Attitude 
This I Love
Civil War
Slash - Johnny B. Goode/Godfather Theme
Ole Ole Ole/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Coma
Slash/4tus - Wish You Were Here
Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Used To Love Her
Only Woman Bleed/Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE

Patience 
Yesterdays
The Seeker
Paradise City

giphy (1).gif

MONA LISA 😃 beautiful!!

36 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Its really good to see him smiling and enjoying the energy while singing. I think we can say hes in a musical and mentally better and happier space. 

I think the same. And I also think that after 2 years of reunion, the atmosphere is more relaxed. At the beginning there was some kind of distrust. 

Edited by Corben01

38 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I wonder why they play covers like Wichita, BHS, seeker, etc every night but not one of the band's biggest hits "Don't Cry". Very strange...:monkey:

They did pretty much all of 2017. My encore in San Antonio had DC, Patience, WLR, Sorry and PC. Oh and the Seeker. Amazing encore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

I wonder why they play covers like Wichita, BHS, seeker, etc every night but not one of the band's biggest hits "Don't Cry". Very strange...:monkey:

Agree. It would be interesting to compare percentage of covers in other band's sets. I'd imagine GNR is at the top of the list.

12 hours ago, Ifdworld said:

I think you're forgetting Frank plays a 3h30 hour set sometimes almost 4 hours.

You think a drummer can maintain that stamina for that long? Even brain said he doesn't know how frank does it because the set is so big he would've lost all energy half way through a normal gnr set now a days.

If you think Frank isn't a great drummer, thats your opinion. Not a fact. To assume Slash Duff and Axl can't tell a good drummer from a bad one just proves how silly that comment sounds.

I never insinuated Axl, Slash, Duff can’t tell a good drummer from a bad one.  It’s their choice to have frank play.  There are probably reasons to keep him around like loyalty to Axl over the years, he is paid as an employee rather than an original member, as well as others we can only guess about. 

Good for frank that he has the endurance to play for almost a 3hr set sometimes.  That’s really commendable.  However, you can tell from the first song of a set, how musicality and dynamics are so important for drummers.  I’m not saying Frank isn’t good at what he does, but there is a missing ingredient that becomes very apparent when a different great drummer pushes a band like GnR like what we heard in that it’s so easy performance.

It’s like night and day. Power and endurance is fine, but dynamics, drum kit tone, and musicality is so much more important.  Especially for a band like GNR.  

Edited by TheFormerSoul
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Pretty bad sound quality but the band sounds great from what I could make out.

I have noticed alot of videos are distorted they have obviously cranked it up this leg  

7 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

That pic was freaking me out. I thought I saw it move but was like no way, then it did it again!

:lol: Yeah i was wondering if anyone would pick that up. They are gifs

2 hours ago, Corben01 said:

I think the same. And I also think that after 2 years of reunion, the atmosphere is more relaxed. At the beginning there was some kind of distrust. 

Agree i think they all wondered if past hurts would resurface again or whether they would feel fulfilled in getting together.