Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Pumped AF

Gimme Mecha Godzilla in the third one pls

I heard the 3rd one is going to be Godzilla vs. Kong....that's why they made Kong much bigger in Skull Island...and supposedly he wasn't "fully grown" yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I heard the 3rd one is going to be Godzilla vs. Kong....that's why they made Kong much bigger in Skull Island...and supposedly he wasn't "fully grown" yet.

Godzilla'd better win this time...

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2018 at 1:59 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I had forgotten about the last Godzilla movie, but I did like it.

Seems like these movies make big money so even actors who have never done these kinds of movies want in now.

Now the Godzilla movies make him the hero. Pretty cool. It's better than killing him all the time. he comes back anyway.

Godzilla hardly gets killed. He dies in two films. Not counting the 1998 film. No one counts that one.

I loved Godzilla as a wee boy, I owned pretty much all the films I could on VHS. If they do this right, this could be the movie I've wanted to see since I was 5 years old. I think I said that about the 2014 Godzilla film in the run-up to it, because the trailer was so good. Ultimately, in my opinion, it was alright, the last 20 minutes were exactly what I wanted to see. But I don't think the less-is-more approach that Gareth Edwards took, trying to replicate Jaws, really did the movie any favours as a whole. I think the general fanbase consensus of "needed more Godzilla/needed more Bryan Cranston" exists for a reason, it was pretty much spot on.

This trailer might well be my favourite trailer of all time. I've watched it upwards of 40 times and I'm still impressed by just about everything. If they manage to make the final film a downgrade in quality from the trailer in the way the 2014 film was a downgrade from its trailer, I'll be gutted. It looks action-packed, but the monsters look beautifully realised, the cast looks superb and music gave it an air of dignity too, so hopefully it'll be more than just a big, dumb action movie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, username said:

That looks awesome! I'm very excited! 

I hope (and feel) this might actually do justice to the traditional Godzilla stuff. You know, the kind that doesn't feature Puff Daddy rapping over Kashmir. 

The instrumental version of that track was pretty cool I thought. 

On 7/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

Godzilla hardly gets killed. He dies in two films. Not counting the 1998 film. No one counts that one.

I'm a pretty HUGE Godzilla fan, but I admit to being pretty much Showa and Heisei eras (plus this monsterverse series). So besides Destroyah, I can't recall another film the Big G actually dies in.

47 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I'm a pretty HUGE Godzilla fan, but I admit to being pretty much Showa and Heisei eras (plus this monsterverse series). So besides Destroyah, I can't recall another film the Big G actually dies in.

Literally the first one... :P .

20 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

He dies in the first one.

• Thanks 1