Where are you Axl Rose?

cineater

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

In the AC/DC forum, the journalist that wrote the item about Steve Young and Phil Rudd being at Vancouver is confirming his source. But he is not sure if they are there for AC/DC.

Wonder if he knows if Axl still owns a place up there?

They're talking about AC/DC getting a bass player.  Keep an eye on Duff's whereabouts.  

Edited by cineater

10 hours ago, shocker said:

I find it damn hard to belive Phil is back. It`s because of Phil beeing mentioned that I doubt this whole story.

Well he did cancel concert dates didn't he? That would explain that. Maybe Angus just wants to not be the only original member left in the end. I hope they get one of their former bass players back. Bringing Duff would be fucking retarded.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well he did cancel concert dates didn't he? That would explain that. Maybe Angus just wants to not be the only original member left in the end. I hope they get one of their former bass players back. Bringing Duff would be fucking retarded.

I still hope that it will be Mark Evans. 

This is my scenario for the new AC/DC album:

Angus Young - lead guitar

Stevie Young - rhythm guitar

Axl Rose - vocals

Mark Evans - bass guitar 

Phil Rudd - drums

Brendan O'Brien - Producer 

Mike Fraser - Mixer, Engineer 

Record studio: The Warehouse Studio 

Release date: Winter 2018 / Spring 2019 

Support Tour, first leg: Spring 2019 

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

Bonus track, AC/DC cover a GNR tune?  Could be fun and a nice hug.

They haven't recorded a cover song since the early 70's. 

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I just need an Axl confirmation in Vancouver.....

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I really hope Brian is not involved if anything is happening. The last album kinda sucked, and another ACDC album with Brian wouldn't really add much to the catalogue. With Axl on the other hand you'd get something completely new if he is was in the band and writes his own lyrics or maybe even more songwriting than that. Colour me stoked then!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

This is my scenario for the new AC/DC album:

Angus Young - lead guitar

Stevie Young - rhythm guitar

Axl Rose - vocals

Mark Evans - bass guitar 

Phil Rudd - drums

Brendan O'Brien - Producer 

Mike Fraser - Mixer, Engineer 

Record studio: The Warehouse Studio 

Release date: Winter 2018 / Spring 2019 

Support Tour, first leg: Spring 2019 

Rose Tattoo next play on the 10th, New South Wales. 

http://www.rosetattoo.com.au/tourdates/

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What could've happened to Slade then, retirement or has he been shafted (for a second time)? I could never have imagined Angus taking the Rudd back!

I don't think that Angus has fired him. He would be 75/76 after the end of the next tour. That could also be a factor. 

Angus Young - 63

Stevie Young  - 61

Axl Rose - 56

Mark Evans - 62

Phil Rudd - 64

Edited by Sosso

Well AC/DC have recorded in Vancouver for a long time now. They also work very privately. They also don't live in Canada so the reasons for two or more past or present members of AC/DC to be in Vancouver at the same time are limited... limited as in very unlikely unless it was them working together. These guys don't holiday together, I'd imagine they don't hang out, outside of gigs and getting to and from gigs.

I think this is exciting. I also think it's very exciting that Phil Rudd might be back in the fold. As much as I appreciate Slades contribution to AC/DC, to my ears he has never sounded right on the Rudd tracks. Phil obviously ballsed things up historically with all that meth and gun for hire business but with the band down to just angus as an original, bringing Phil back makes sense and gives things that little bit more credibility 

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What could've happened to Slade then, retirement or has he been shafted (for a second time)? I could never have imagined Angus taking the Rudd back!

I don't think it's a shafting anyway. He was definitely contracted for the rock or bust tour, I wouldn't be so sure that, that contract extended past the end of the tour. I' sure it was discussed whether or not they'd be continuing and he certainly has suggested some involvement in recent months, but that could be wishful thinking. 

Slade was doing a good job on that last run, so there's no question that he can go, but yeah he is getting older so it's quite possible that Angus decided Rudd was a better fit, and like I said in my other post gave the AC/DC name that other bit of credibility after everyone else left.

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rudd for the album. Slade for the tour