Original

Duff- GQ (UK version) interview (decent too)

On 8/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, Rovim said:

I'm guessing Axl is just trying to preserve the harmony between him and Slash. (Duff as well to a lesser extent) Telling it like it is comes with a price. Axl seems to be an honest person so if he writes an autobiography I think there will be no option of avoiding the nasty.

Right now the three of them are friends again. A much better relationship compared to what you've described with the weasel drummer. Bottom line is what's more important to Axl: writing a book right now that will probably hurt at least Slash in some capacity or not risking fuckin' up a good thing.

Having said that, an Axl autobiography will be so great. Duff wrote 2 books. Axl could easily pull off a trilogy.

I would literally get a job as a fedex driver with the Hope of having Axls books in there headed to the book store a few days before the release date. (I'd read one before delivering of course)

I think he could put a book out and not rock the boat too much.  Slash has always said Axl has his version of events and I think as long as he let Slash read it ahead of time, things might be ok. 

plus Slash cant leave.  needs the money to pay Perla

with that said as much as I'd like to buy Axls book, i dont think we will ever see it.  seeing that Axl wont promote any of his professional stuff, I doubt he would open up with alot of his personal stuff.  plus I could see the press twisting some of the stories in there (especially anything about Yoda) to make Axl look like a crazy (ier) person.  headline wound be "Axl, the wife beating, racist, riot starting, occult believing, taco bell enthusiast has released a tell all book about GNR and Slash!"

but it would be a hell of a book. I'd be the first to buy it.  one copy for every bathroom in my house for sure.  

I think Axl will put out a book. 

I just have this feeling he'll get that late in life urge to set the record straight from his point of view. Once your world starts shrinking with advancing age... it'd be tough to resist. 

2 hours ago, Ant said:

I think Axl will put out a book. 

I just have this feeling he'll get that late in life urge to set the record straight from his point of view. Once your world starts shrinking with advancing age... it'd be tough to resist. 

I think once axl retires gnr it will happen.

Duff's credibility blew up with his pancreas back in '94. 

• Haha 2

I wonder if he really believes it when he says Axl never just phones it in? I mean, that's pretty much all Axl's done since 2011.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I wonder if he really believes it when he says Axl never just phones it in? I mean, that's pretty much all Axl's done since 2011.

Yea, LOL. 😂 

But jokes aside, can you imagine the pressure and anxiety/uneasiness people around Axl have to bee feeling when talking with/about him (in interviews, in this case)? One ambiguous word, or look, and the rest is history. 

1 minute ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Yea, LOL. 😂 

But jokes aside, can you imagine the pressure and anxiety/uneasiness people around Axl have to bee feeling when talking with/about him (in interviews, in this case)? One ambiguous word, or look, and the rest is history. 

You think? I can't imagine Duff or Slash lose too much sleep over it.

Other bands have the pressure of writing new songs and meeting deadlines and rehearsing and performing new material. All Slash and Duff have to do at this stage is not talk shit about Axl in interviews and turn up to the gigs to play the same guitar/bass parts they've been doing since 1987. I'd say that's a low pressure job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Towelie said:

You think? I can't imagine Duff or Slash lose too much sleep over it.

Other bands have the pressure of writing new songs and meeting deadlines and rehearsing and performing new material. All Slash and Duff have to do at this stage is not talk shit about Axl in interviews and turn up to the gigs to play the same guitar/bass parts they've been doing since 1987. I'd say that's a low pressure job.

Noooo...no sleep loss. Just self medicate it with 1 or 2 gallons of vodka everyday. 

And yea, I'm pretty positive they still feel some of the jitters. Or at least have some bad memories LOL

12 hours ago, Towelie said:

There is no way he can believe that.  I think that Duff and Slash are probably thrilled to get back on the GNR roster and the paycheck and the limelight and all, but at the end of the day some of their musical integrity has taken a major hit by comments like that as well sharing the same stage as the Mickey performances (aka pacing himself).  And you can't get that back.  Not at this stage of their careers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chester 524 said:

but at the end of the day some of their musical integrity has taken a major hit by comments like that 

I believe it has also taken a hit from the whole "reunion"  went down in general. 

• Like 1

Duff wants us to make love to our spouses and not watch network news. Not bad words to live by at all.

• GNFNR 1