21 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

I wonder if GNR legal went after the hundreds of GNR bootleg cassettes and CD's that contained the Use Your Illusion demos in the early 1990s

From what I remember, they were released overseas so there was nothing they could do about it

Releasing something domestically in the US like the Rapidfire demos and the Hollywood Rose demos obviously brought legal threats, but I don't think anything happened because Axl didn't control either band when he was in them (and he didn't write any of the Rapidfire material)

The Use Your Illustion demos are all over Soundcloud as it is too. I've found some by mistake, just searching for the finished version of a song.

Is that Soundcloud chat still up somewhere? Assuming it has no music in it.

Edited by Jakey Styley

It is funny that since they announce de september 21 concert no other leaks have surfaced.

Have we been played? Like, is it the band itself behind the leaks just to create momentum / new interest / buzz for the new leg of the tour?

Strange... very strange things happening even within the GNR world.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Legendador said:

It is funny that since they announce de september 21 concert no other leaks have surfaced.

Have we been played? Like, is it the band itself behind the leaks just to create momentum / new interest / buzz for the new leg of the tour?

Strange... very strange things happening even withing the GNR world.

Media outlets haven’t really picked up on the leaks, so I don’t really put too much stock in this theory.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Media outlets haven’t really picked up on the leaks, so I don’t really put too much stock in this theory.

A flawed strategy can still be the brainchild of TB. 

The GNR Universe is a strange one indeed, been an interesting month to say the least. I'd like to hear the UYI Raw mix.

1 hour ago, Jakey Styley said:

Is that Soundcloud chat still up somewhere? Assuming it has no music in it.

I also really want to hear this.

3 hours ago, MrMojo said:

The GNR Universe is a strange one indeed, been an interesting month to say the least. I'd like to hear the UYI Raw mix.

I still want to hear a dry mix of the entirety of AFD like the Mr Brownstone mix that's out there on an ISE single.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

A flawed strategy can still be the brainchild of TB. 

I do think TB has had something to do with leaks several times, now if Axl has known this I am not sure.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2019 at 8:36 AM, username said:

Whether it's real or not. Fuck Fernando. Fuck Team Brazil. Fuck Axl and fuck this band. Fuck the record company. Fuck hoarders. This entire band and situation are completely ridiculous. The load of material apparently out there. The assholes trying to get rich off it. The most incompetent management team of all time. The complete lack of communication. The don't-give-a-fuck-attitude from management towards fans. The endless moneygrabbing tours. And most of all this band apparently unable to make music available to their fans through any channel. I don't feel sorry for GnR one bit over this anymore. I hope it end in an all-out mess with whatever is out there spilling, Team Brazil fired and maybe some assholes in jail. What a fucking joke. 

Fucking. This.

Being a GN'R fan in 2019 is just tragic on so many levels.

On 17/09/2019 at 11:18 AM, lukepowell1988 said:

I bet the soundcloud is a funny listen 

It's kinda pathetic. It just shows how much the hoarders have been squabbling like children over 20 year old demos that literally hundreds of people care about.

Plus it's not even about Slash. Doesn't even have any mention of being a man, storms, or something something shoulders. Definitely the least interesting leak.

• Haha 1

I just had a gander at another gnr forum and feel like I've cheated on you guys. :lol:

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I just had a gander at another gnr forum and feel like I've cheated on you guys. :lol:

You deserve to be tortured 24/7 for ne next five years where you are forced to only listen to my world 

• Haha 1

On 17/09/2019 at 9:52 AM, MJRemastered98 said:

I've got no idea how to post an image from the phone so i will drop the link with my reply to the thread on Reddit.

https://imgur.com/gallery/B4IMYdn

After i told him this he replied with "breathe my man, breathe" and i was like, bruuuuh, with this you literally proved my points of how mature and responsible you are to handle this situation.

22 minutes ago, MJRemastered98 said:

You deserve to be tortured 24/7 for ne next five years where you are forced to only listen to my world 

I kind of like My World tbh, sort of.

56 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I kind of like My World tbh, sort of.

I don't know why people take it so seriously, its little more than a jokey little outro.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't know why people take it so seriously, its little more than a jokey little outro.

And no doubt an American Psycho-esque anthem for your...misdeeds with animals of the swan variety.

25 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

And no doubt an American Psycho-esque anthem for your...misdeeds with animals of the swan variety.

nah, that shit is more like:

I'm nothing if not romantic!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

nah, that shit is more like:

I'm nothing if not romantic!

My friend Leonard. What can I say? He loves to rape swans.

• Haha 1

erm ok -

Quick question back on topic - the "Madagascar 2001 - RTB" which I believe leaked out some time ago, where do we think thats from because compared to the songs from the Zutaut discs we've heard its got something approaching a proper mix.

Fingers crossed someone sat down in late 01/02 and mixed all these tracks!

On 17/09/2019 at 10:19 PM, Russel Nash said:

But we got new songs from this shit. I can't believe it was the only way ppl can access to new tunes. It's absurd.

I guess you could say it's...

qGsa68E_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, life_247 said:

erm ok -

Quick question back on topic - the "Madagascar 2001 - RTB" which I believe leaked out some time ago, where do we think thats from because compared to the songs from the Zutaut discs we've heard its got something approaching a proper mix.

Fingers crossed someone sat down in late 01/02 and mixed all these tracks!

Last year the 2001 versions of The Blues and TWAT also leaked, and both of those basically sound like more properly mixed versions of the 2000 recordings that leaked a few weeks back.

4 hours ago, doctorsapiens said:

My question is; are there more songs/demos to leak? Not the instrumentals but songs like the general, zodiak etc etc? Thanx

The General is finished with vocals, but it was finished years after the Zutaut CD set was made - we only have a terrible-quality recording from a 2010 afterparty 

Rumors abound that there's an instrumental of the song on the Zutaut CD set by another name (Tonto?), but who knows

• Thanks 1

On 16/9/2019 at 9:37 PM, TheSeeker said:

Then a bunch of GNR fans pooled their money together to drive and get the discs and make copies for themselves. 

LOL

Not to be an asshole but you all involved in this mess are so so stupid a documentary should be made about it. You know a cautionary tale for other fans to never ever go to this level of dumbness. I just don’t know if it belongs on Comedy Central, TruTV or Lifetime. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

The General is finished with vocals, but it was finished years after the Zutaut CD set was made - we only have a terrible-quality recording from a 2010 afterparty 

Rumors abound that there's an instrumental of the song on the Zutaut CD set by another name (Tonto?), but who knows

Thanx mate. So probably there aren't more new songs with vocals yo leak?