David Lee Roth - Las Vegas Residency 2020

SAU3R

Honestly, live this probably sounds pretty good. The video oddly is somehow picking up his vocals way more than anything else and I doubt it sounds like that live. His biggest problem is he tries to mick jagger everything and change the melody and vocal arrangement of the songs as he goes. I saw Van Halen in like 2014 I think and it was spectacular and honestly if you go back and arch videos, I bet it wouldn’t sound much different than this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

Honestly, live this probably sounds pretty good. The video oddly is somehow picking up his vocals way more than anything else and I doubt it sounds like that live. His biggest problem is he tries to mick jagger everything and change the melody and vocal arrangement of the songs as he goes. I saw Van Halen in like 2014 I think and it was spectacular and honestly if you go back and arch videos, I bet it wouldn’t sound much different than this.

Definitely,  it's always been about theatrics and stage athleticism with Dave and that's fine.  It just gets really damn hard to sustain that when you're in your geriatric years.😄

Edit: It seems that Dave could've imbibed a bit too much before hitting the stage. 

Edited by lame ass security

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fucking hell. I couldn’t make it through the Dance the Night Away video because it was that painful to listen to. I get his age and all but have some dignity, just retire if your voice is in that bad of a condition...

I think daves like axl where he doesnt got to soundcheck and do rehearsals with the band. I can tell the band has rehearsed together as they seem on point. But dave just cannot "sing" anymore. May need to focus on "singing" on lower register type songs.......abit like axl. Daves doing himself no favours if he wants to continue.

12 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think daves like axl where he doesnt got to soundcheck and do rehearsals with the band. I can tell the band has rehearsed together as they seem on point. But dave just cannot "sing" anymore. May need to focus on "singing" on lower register type songs.......abit like axl. Daves doing himself no favours if he wants to continue.

At least with Guns 2016 and onwards Slash and Duff are a pretty big draw and Axl still sort of sings in key. DLR is literally the only reason to be there for most of these people and he’s easily the worst part of the show. Embarrassing.

• Like 1

He is entertaining yes, I'd love to see a tour where he just talks about stuff and does some crowd interaction etc

But he should retire from singing, he can't hit any notes, his timing is all over the place and he forgets lyrics/doesn't sing them due to his poor timing 

18 hours ago, SAU3R said:

He is entertaining yes, I'd love to see a tour where he just talks about stuff and does some crowd interaction etc

But he should retire from singing, he can't hit any notes, his timing is all over the place and he forgets lyrics/doesn't sing them due to his poor timing 

Well, when he toured with Van Halen Dave went into this whole story about his farm and his animals and then went into the Ice Cream truck song. lol I'm sure the old Dave gets the more interesting stories he has to tell just like every other older person. My grandpa had such amazing stories about his childhood and all he experienced. My dad too.

My advice is listen to your older family members, because wisdom comes with age and living life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...