The begining of nu-GN'R - how it all started

Kohler

Nu-GN'R started as a partnership between Axl and whatever musicians he wished to hire, apparently all signed by a contract.

Slash was presented a contract to take part of this partnership (?!?!?!?!?).

Here's all explained:

Apparently Axl had these ideas for a while already as he did the same with Izzy back in 1991:

Question: What was the last straw, which made you leave the band?

Izzy: After the first part of the Use Your Illusion tour, Axl wanted to make me sign a contract which put me aside a little, which meant that I was less paid. I couldn't believe it. This contract came from a guy who I grew up with. We'd always taken Guns N' Roses as a friends' thing and, at one go, roughly, the singer said to me: "now, we're doing business." Why was I going to continue? Where was the fun? That was the last straw

Izzy Stradlin interview by Hard Rock magazine, 2001

http://www.chopaway.com/viewtopic.php?id=533

Edited by Kohler

Contracts are part of business. GNR is Axl's business.

And Izzy may have said some things in the past so has Axl about Izzy but they still seem to be on the same page and friends after all these years. Izzy has given his blessing to Guns N' Roses as we knw it today and even joined them on stage several times. Izzy also boycotted the HOF just like Axl.

Slash is just looking for attention as usual.

Erm, did you guys know that Slash has a new record. a man must promote his work i guess.

Indeed :rofl-lol:

Edited by volcano62

Well obviously, because he does have a new album out so getting attention is most likely the main objective. Plus Piers is a decent interviewer and there is nothing wrong with getting on that specific subject if it is indeed intriguing (which it is)

I don't see anything wrong :shrugs:

Anyways on gnrevolution.com they have a really interesting section called "Chinese Whispers" where the history of that period is explored in depth, so this might be interesting to you (OP): http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5059

Erm, did you guys know that Slash has a new record. a man must promote his work i guess.

Okay, so why doesn't Slash promote the record and promote his new band instead of STILL talking about Axl and the original GNR.

It seems each time Slash talks about the past, something new is said. At this stage of the game, I don't know if Slash makes shit up as he goes along, or he remembers new shit each time, but like Axl has said, dude, it's time to move on.

Slash has been out of the band for close to 20 years, he's moved on to so many different bands, yet the question of a reunion still comes up and he continues to talk about it even though he did say after the Hall of Fame, that it's over and done with.

Slash needs to quote Axl and tell them "not in this lifetime" and move the hell on.

All of the members have moved on, why can't some reporters and fans do the same.

LOLCANO, RUINING EVERYTHING EVER SINCE FOREVER.

Be nice. No one takes him seriously. He's like a crazy homeless person who yells inane shit at cars driving by.

Okay, so why doesn't Slash promote the record and promote his new band instead of STILL talking about Axl and the original GNR.

It seems each time Slash talks about the past, something new is said. At this stage of the game, I don't know if Slash makes shit up as he goes along, or he remembers new shit each time, but like Axl has said, dude, it's time to move on.

Slash has been out of the band for close to 20 years, he's moved on to so many different bands, yet the question of a reunion still comes up and he continues to talk about it even though he did say after the Hall of Fame, that it's over and done with.

Slash needs to quote Axl and tell them "not in this lifetime" and move the hell on.

All of the members have moved on, why can't some reporters and fans do the same.

See, this is stupid to say. All of the former members will be asked about GNR in any interview they do for the rest of their lives. It's not just Slash, it's also Duff, Steven, and Izzy (whenever he does interviews). It's stupid to single Slash out.

Edited by Chris 55

Anyways on gnrevolution.com they have a really interesting section called "Chinese Whispers" where the history of that period is explored in depth, so this might be interesting to you (OP): http://www.gnrevolut...pic.php?id=5059

I read it sometime last year and it's very interesting. It's seems pretty accurate as well with all the sources.

Yeah it definitely lays out a lot of the intricacies behind "Axl's vision" so to speak. Every now and then I go back to it because there is so much information there and it is so fascinating to read about

Indeed :rofl-lol:

always the same story ... slash can't stop talking about Axl and GNR to promote himself .. :violin: I hope someday he uses his imagination to be someone by his own :tongue2:

Has anyone here watched the clip posted above? Piers clearly is the one who initiated this conversation piece. And yeah Slash could just ask beforehand not to ask Axl questions yadda yadda yadda, but honestly I just do not see anything wrong with talking about it, and it was not the main centerpiece for the episode overall. Some of these comments just baffle me

Has anyone here watched the clip posted above? Piers clearly is the one who initiated this conversation piece. And yeah Slash could just ask beforehand not to ask Axl questions yadda yadda yadda, but honestly I just do not see anything wrong with talking about it, and it was not the main centerpiece for the episode overall. Some of these comments just baffle me

I didn't get the first comments either... when I read them, I was expecting Slash to be asked about GnR and, while talking about it, bringing up his album Ashba-style. That didn't happen at all.

Well, they baffle you because the comments are being made by stupid people who rather watch the clip to see what went on in the interview, just look at a few posted words and then cry.

I didn't get the first comments either... when I read them, I was expecting Slash to be asked about GnR and, while talking about it, bringing up his album Ashba-style. That didn't happen at all.

Exactly! The clip and some of these comments posted in this topic just do not match up IMO

the fact is that many people just hate on axl or slash, and regardless of the situation or the reality of that situation (such as the fact that piers was the one who brought it up, and slash was visibly uninterested in discussing the topic - as he was on howard stern mere days ago), they'll continue with the inane bullshit and name-calling.

many of these posters, such as angeles and volcano, partly do it just to rile up other posters - which is the effect it has, obviously - and by page 10 it's repetitive bullshit being argued back-and-forth that dates back many years and the actual topic of conversation is effectively buried.

seriously, though: for popular culture and the average person, slash always will be "the guitarist from guns n' roses," and he will be asked questions about the band for the rest of his life because at the end of the day, that's all anyone really cares about as far as the average mentality goes. just like when garfunkel's selling his latest solo record, the issue of a simon and garfunkel reunion will always be at the forefront. it's not their fault - and it's not even really the journalists' fault. they're just giving the people what they want.

why are you guys hating on Slash?

the GNR guitarist.

Why are people hating on Axl?

The GN'R singer.

It goes both ways you know

i'm not saying people should attack axl, but that is one of the worst comparisons you could have possibly made. :lol: if slash were the one touring as guns n' roses with a different lineup then it would be apt. in this case, whether he deserves the criticism or not, whatever criticism there is does deserve to be on axl because he's the gn'r singer who's touring without the gn'r guitarist - for comparison's sake.