Alright mods, just spit it out already...

Bobbo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who you ask. If you want new gnr material he is real. If you take the Steve Adler approach to new gnr, he is full of it. I think the fact that axl indirectly responded to him a couple years ago shows msl at least has some sort of higher knowledge. But then again I'm part of the group that really wants new gnr material.

Hahaha! As much as I'm not interested in what anybody has to say about new material the bastard in me is just looking forward to seeing one party or another get their arses handed to them in the near future. :lol:

Depends on who you ask. If you want new gnr material he is real. If you take the Steve Adler approach to new gnr, he is full of it. I think the fact that axl indirectly responded to him a couple years ago shows msl at least has some sort of higher knowledge. But then again I'm part of the group that really wants new gnr material.

When did Axl refer to MSL indirectly, and what did he say?

He claimed the mods are aware for a fact that he's legit and plan on making an announcement within a few days. But why wait?

If he is, great. I'll apologize for the criticism. If he's not, hilarious!

Which is it, mods? Just spit it out! :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo

They agreed to a tennis match to settle their differences but Axl doesn't have an escrow account so it didn't happen :)

Seriously though I think the funniest thing on this forum is when things get really heated in a conversation and he suggests a tennis match to settle it. He's a great comedien!! The idea of two angry gnr fans panting around a tennis court over some perceived slight on the Internet is gold.

Has anyone ever taken him up on a bet yet. If I ever go to Florida again I'm seriously gonna try to arrange something haha

Remember that February 1st, 2011 deadline msl gave for gnr to announce their plans? Msl stole a flash drive and had it hidden in an ancient chinese garden in china and was ready to pile drive anyone who thought he was lying? Then axl took to twitter to say 'anyone claiming to know anything is full of it?' I hope I have it right.. I can't believe that was over 2 years ago. I remember living on this site waiting for something to happen back then.

Guys, I know you're all patiently waiting for an answer. You'll get one. Yesterday was an absolute clusterfuck with Invision over the site (recent downtime), as well as another GN'R related issue that had 100% of my attention (totally unrelated to this).

Subsy and I are in different time zones, and I'm waiting for his comment on a particular issue.

In short: Yes, I received some clips in my email yesterday. These were not shared with any of the other staff (or anyone), and they were deleted shortly thereafter. There are many people that won't believe this (and I'm aware that the longer this drags on without an answer, the more it looks like we're concocting some kind of lie), but it is the absolute, concrete truth. I hope our record of transparency running the site lends some credibility to my word.

What we're currently discussing was how/where to post this, and what our stance will be on "MSL" threads in the Discussion and News section going forward. We're still discussing that, and I won't comment further on this issue until it's been decided. It's Friday night here, and I'm on my way out (to go get drunk), so you'll need to continue being patient for a little longer.

I don't believe that for a second. HV is saying that for legal reasons. As if anybody on this forum would delete New GNR tracks that were sent to them.

They're not new GNR songs. They're clips! What's the point of posting clips? (That would create chaos in the forums), and why would a forum moderator post a clip of an unreleased song? (Unless he wanted MYGNR to purposedely go down the sink, or to get some kind of legal trouble) nobody in their perfect state of mind would leak anything at this point, after what happened with Kevin...

Leaks would be cool, but let's be honest and acknowledge that the Record Company Axl is with... they're not very fan friendly when it comes to leaks...Other bands like Limp Bizkit and others have no legal problems in sharing their stuff... this record company however actually sues people for outrageous fines or prison sentences for leaking/streaming stuff... Why would anyone risk having to deal with something like that? I wouldn't! There's things in life that are far more important than the leaking of a GNR song...like your life, your family, your job and whatever you like to do on a daily basis...

Edited by AndreCC

I don't believe that for a second. HV is saying that for legal reasons. As if anybody on this forum would delete New GNR tracks that were sent to them.

It was a single track containing clips - and it WAS deleted. Not going to stand people saying otherwise on here; I've never given the community any reason to think I wouldn't tell the truth.

i doubt Axl cares about a few albums tracks and remixes leaking. These are hardly big guns we're talking about.

Axl might not care, but while Axl doesn't care, his label cares... There's contracts and negotiations that need to be respected...It all comes down to money and business really...

If they're planning on releasing the remixes album.. even if it's not right away... if someone got here and leaked like 6 tracks that were remixed for that cd... that would represent 500,000 less sales on the remix album (just an example)... and that's a lot of money...Even if that's not 100% accurate, that's their mindset and way of thinking...

Hell even if Axl himself leaked something of his own... he could get in trouble with his own label for doing so, and not respecting their agreement...

Other bands like Limp Bizkit and others have no legal problems in sharing their stuff...

Want GnR to sign over with Cash Money? :tongue2:

That would be rad... as long as LIL Wayne keeps his ass out of the tracks! :tongue2:

Edited by AndreCC

As if the label cares about Silkworms and a Tommy Stinson song.

It was a single track containing clips - and it WAS deleted. Not going to stand people saying otherwise on here; I've never given the community any reason to think I wouldn't tell the truth.

So MSL didn't even send you the entire tracks? What a cock tease.

Edited by Randy Lahey

i doubt Axl cares about a few albums tracks and remixes leaking. These are hardly big guns we're talking about.

Axl might not care, but while Axl doesn't care, his label cares... There's contracts and negotiations that need to be respected...It all comes down to money and business really...

If they're planning on releasing the remixes album.. even if it's not right away... if someone got here and leaked like 6 tracks that were remixed for that cd... that would represent 500,000 less sales on the remix album... and that's a lot of money...

Hell even if Axl himself leaked something of his own... he could get in trouble with his own label for doing so, and not respecting their agreement...

>>>>>>

Other bands like Limp Bizkit and others have no legal problems in sharing their stuff...

Want GnR to sign over with Cash Money? :tongue2:

That would be rad... as long as LIL Wayne keeps his ass out of the tracks! :tongue2:

As if the label cares about Silkworms and a Tommy Stinson song.

Why wouldn't they care? it's songs that are gonna come out in the future... who knows if any of those songs can even be a single or a major track in the album?!

Leaks can be desvasting! Look at what happened with Better.... the demos surfaced back in 2006 and you had radio stations playing a demo, and stating that it was the new Guns N'Roses single...for the casual listener/buyer that is just terrible...

Then when Better really came out on Radio, they didn't really push that song...and it was the final version! Better ended up not having a video on tv, cause it was pointless at that point (the demo had come out years earlier, and people were already tired of listening to it).

Believe me... i love leaks... if there was some kind of agreement between users in the forums to keep the songs for ourselves and not spread it online, that would be awesome!

But when a leak goes public... it goes public! Radio Stations, TV, Podcasts and so on... and the damage starts!

Hell look at If The World! The damage that was done to that song even by the Record Label themselves... they had a shot of having one song from Chinese Democracy on a major movie (Body of Lies)...yet the song that they gave was IF THE WORLD (The earlier unfinished version). You don't think that hurted it...

Imagine this... there's people who heard the leaks, who never heard the finished versions...and their perspective of this new band, are the unfinished songs and what they thought of it... if the album versions are better and they never really get to hear them (because they lost interest when they heard the leaks), how wouldn't that hurt the band? And think about the artist perspective as well...

When i heard that choppy IRS clip back then... i thought the song would suck...if i hadn't listened to the album version of that song (if i was just a casual fan) i would still have that idea... ( I think IRS rocks after listening to the album version, even though that the demos were cool too)

Edited by AndreCC

This reminds me of that Moors murder who sent letters to mothers saying where the bodies were 20 years later. But they never opened the letters because he was playing games. Then the mother died. Ian Brady.

I sort of expect radio to start playing Silkworms leak to promo the next tour.

If the band has stuff. Get it out quick before this stuff leaks.

If it was a matter of just us hearing the songs, there wouldn't be a problem, because 99% of us will buy the album... we're hardcore fans...

The problem is when the leaks spread through the other kind of crowd... spreads into radio stations etc...that's where the damage starts.