Apparently Slash wanted Fortus in his touring band

The Glow Inc.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see them play together, two great guitarists. I wonder how recent the offer was?

It is only a matter of time before our resident side takers make this topic a bloodbath

Edited by WhazUp

I would love to see them play together, two great guitarists. I wonder how recent the offer was?

I would think it must have been before Richard joined Guns N' Roses, because surely Slash wouldn't think Richard would consider joining Slash's band while playing in Guns N' Roses and surely Slash wouldn't think of "stealing" Richard away from Guns N' Roses...unless he really wants to piss off Axl.

I would think it must have been before Richard joined Guns N' Roses, because surely Slash wouldn't think Richard would consider joining Slash's band while playing in Guns N' Roses and surely Slash wouldn't think of "stealing" Richard away from Guns N' Roses...unless he really wants to piss off Axl.
But the only real things Slash did that resembles "solo" projects would be Snakepit and Blues Ball because wasn't the early workings of VR in the early 2000's around the time frame when Fortus joined GNR?

This leads me to believe the offer would have most likely have been in the past few years for his solo group

Edited by WhazUp

But the only real things Slash did that resembles "solo" projects would be Snakepit and Blues Ball because wasn't the early workings of VR in the early 2000's around the time frame when Fortus joined GNR?

This leads me to believe the offer would have most likely have been in the past few years for his solo group

If so, that is really a low thing to do and suggests he doesn't have much love left for Axl (not saying I blame him, just stating it as I see it).

I still believe it must have been when they started talking about VR in 2001. Richard joined GN'R in 2002, I believe.

Fortus was a well known session player within 'the industry' before joining GN'R, from what I understand. I like Fortus a lot, but then again, he hasn't really had a chance to shine. I feel like he is great at what he does, which is basically just to play guitar well, but not necessarily do anything fresh. I wish he'd be given a chance to do more.

The hard rock scene comprising of musicians who are now age 40 to 55 ish from what I can gather is pretty incestuous and most seem to respect each other regardless of what band/s they have been in. The Axl and Slash feud is pretty much just Axl and Slash, I don't think many care enough to take sides.

Did Slash try to poach Richard whilst in GNR or was this while he was a free industry agent? Maybe he came to like Fortus' ability through The Dead Daisies?

It could have been 1996 when Slash formed Blues Ball. It could have been 1999 when Slash was recruiting for Snakepit or 2000 when he was looking for a replacement for Ryan Roxie (Keri Kelli got the job). If I had to guess, it would be Snakepit as Love Spit Love were not active around that time, 1999-2000 so it fits.

I don't think it was while he was working with Axl, but who knows. Maybe Snakepit II, or the band he was trying to put together before Velvet Revolver that Soulmonster posted about.

Interesting tidbit, but kinda difficult to discuss given the vague statement.

I don't think it was while he was working with Axl, but who knows. Maybe Snakepit II, or the band he was trying to put together before Velvet Revolver that Soulmonster posted about.

Interesting tidbit, but kinda difficult to discuss given the vague statement.

I'll ask Richard the next time I contact him.

Richard have played with Rihanna ... why shouldn't he play with Slash?

"Same shit, different DJ"

Because it would almost certainly ensure firing from his most long-term project and income?