Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the artist. Fantastic movie. Made me want to go back and look at some of the old silent classics. If anyone is somewhat interested; I would urge you to go, it was so much more fun and so much more engaging than I expected.

Shame however was incredible, although obviously not for everyone.

I keep getting asked by friends what I thought of it, and I can not exactly recommend seeing it as its not so much an enjoyable experience watching it - but I certainly was impressed by it. About half way through I did think to myself that it was not as intense as I had thought it was going to be, and was almost a little underwhelmed, but by the end scene(s) realised that that was part of the majesty of it. It kind of tricked me in some way I don't really understand as it did not really change pace at any point either.

Saw L'Atalante the other day at BFI Southbank too, I enjoyed it but it was not as enchanting as I had hoped it would be.

Edited by Chinaski

Just saw Se7en a few days ago, incredible film!

Yeah, but very predictable. Saw blew my mind, the twisted-ending was :shocked: :shocked:

Saw J. Edgar. Really good movie. Excellent acting on Leo DiCaprio's part as usual.

Tintin, on the other hand, was much worse than I expected...

Have you watched 'Shutter Island' and 'Inception'? DiCaprio killed it completely.

Edited by pi2loc

Did anyone here buy the latest Transformers movie when it came out on blu-ray?

I've pre-ordered the 3D Blu-ray from Amazon. I know it sucks but I bought a fuckin' 60' LED 3D TV and I'm not using it, I feel like my little brother would love to watch the movie and blow the speakers up. :shrugs:

The reason I asked is because the regular edition came with a $10 off coupon for the 3D version, and the 3D version is going to be $24.99 at Best Buy, so with the coupon it'll only be $14.99.

So, after reading a review about this blu-ray, and especially the 3D being fantastic quality (besides the movie itself), I might try to pick it up if I can get it for cheap.

Otherwise, I probably wouldn't get it all all.

As for 3D blu-rays, check out Piranha, Tron: Legacy and Resident Evil: Afterlife. Also, pretty much any Disney 3D movie, especially Tangled, which is one of the best 3D films out right now on blu-ray.

Cancelled my pre-order and got it from Paramount for $20 plus tax. I got the 4-disc pack and yes, I already own Tron: Legacy and Resident Evil: Afterlife in 3D (the fight between Alice and the executioner is top notch :shocked: ).

Edited by pi2loc

Just saw Se7en a few days ago, incredible film!

Yeah, but very predictable. Saw blew my mind, the twisted-ending was :shocked: :shocked:

Saw J. Edgar. Really good movie. Excellent acting on Leo DiCaprio's part as usual.

Tintin, on the other hand, was much worse than I expected...

Have you watched 'Shutter Island' and 'Inception'? DiCaprio killed it completely.

Inception will become a cult classic in a few years and blew me away but Shutter Island?

Inception will become a cult classic in a few years and blew me away but Shutter Island?

Never said the movie itself was at the same level as Inception but I think DiCaprio killed his performance in Shutter Island.

To those in the New York, Los Angeles or Austin area. February the 17th is the releasedate of the Belgian movie Bullhead. It received a nomination for best foreign language flm at the Oscars this year and i can recommend you all to see this film. This is by far one the best Belgian movies in the past years.

http://oscar.go.com/nominees/foreign-language-film/belgium-bullhead

Watched Mission: Impossible the other night, and Cape Fear last night. Both were really good.

De Niro can play a damn good, crazy fuck, but I hated the fact that Nolte's character was so much of a pushover. But I believe that's how they wanted him to be, as I believe that character in the original is not like that.