Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

So I guess some people on here would believe that the band is COMPLETELY unaware of all the speculative negativity surrounding the pull? Seems like GNR was pretty genuine. Although, I guess they could of showed up on time.

they weren't excessively late, 1030 is acceptable. pulling the plug, thats on the promoter.

ive always held axl accountable where i felt fit, ive always objected to the late starts, but 10:30? i think tonight was acceptable. i suspect this might be part of the reason bumble isnt fuming.

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but it's certainly not the apocalyptic career-killer people on here are saying it is. Promoters who don't think Axl is worth the hassle had made their minds up well before yesterday (Download's Andy Copping being one). The fact they didn't play Paradise City and caused a bit of choas won't have changed things either way.

They made it, they played for an hour and a half and a sizeable chunk of the crowd enjoyed it. Job done.

Now, if they cancel Leeds, that's something to get angry about. Not least because I'm going.

damn straight brother dont cancel leeds it would be awful plus i have plans to ask my mrs to marry me during november rain tomorrow so please please please god dont let it be cancelled

Don't do it man it will be the biggest mistake of ... oh, I mean, Congratulations!

On Saturday 28th August 2010, @DJASHBA said:

READING FESTIVAL - Apparently the promoter has had a personal grudge with GN'R stemming from 8 years ago, if this was the case why book the band? He knows our show. Let me guess... To take our fans money and then not allow us to give them a show that they payed for. This was clearly not a curfew thing because after cutting our power like a selfish money grubbing prick, he allowed music blasting through out the venue till the early morning. For us this was all about the fans, the show and the music. For the promoter it was all about the money and not about the fans or the music. The promoter was already being a cocky f$#k in the press before we arrived, so yes we went on a little late, and for this we apologies. However, our fans payed to see a show, and that's why we showed up, too give them just that. Sad that this promoter's music festival has little too do with the fans or the love for music. Last night was insane! They pulled the power, but failed to kill the connection as 90,000 people sang Paradise City. Much love to you all!!!

Ashba implies they went on late on purpose to get back at the promoter

On Saturday 28th August 2010, @DJASHBA said:  

Seems some of you took my post out of context. I in NO way meant that we went on late because the promoter was being a cocky prick. I simply stated that, then I went on to apologies to the fans for us going on a little late. Peace out.

THIS I LOVE last night -

The guitar solo, it appears DJ Ash has decided to perform it his own way, rather then emulate Robin Finck.

I have to admit, I find it painful hearing Axl perform this live.

Robin's solo is one of the best moments on Chinese Democracy. Too bad he didn't ever perform it live.

http://twitter.com/richardfortus he has poated about three twits here:

long live rock n' roll

about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

but the fact of the matter is.... he's the real fucking deal. skin, blood and soul. Deal with it or not, but it won't ever change.

Axl insists on doing things his way and not playing by the fucking rules. You can love him or hate him for it,

I don't think there is another band out right now that has the balls to do what we did last night.

Richard nail it! :thumbsup: