Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

7 minutes ago, Bridge school said:

I know you and the other reunistas are looking for explanations as to why you aren't getting your way, so you have to resort to conspiracy theories, but it really is that simple.  

Huh?  I'm actually one that isn't looking for an explanation, I don't feel any are necessary....but to say it is irrelevant is ignorant.  

16 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Huh?  I'm actually one that isn't looking for an explanation, I don't feel any are necessary....but to say it is irrelevant is ignorant.  

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

So did Slash and Duff. Boom.

The topic of why Izzy isn't in the band has been discussed ad nauseum. It's a hot topic, but it is tabloid bullshit. If Richard Fortus left Izzy might be offered a spot, like Slash and Duff were offered a spot when DJ and Tommy left.  

Whether Izzy Stradlin wishes to be in the band or not is, sadly, irrelevant.

Boom.

Edited by Bridge school

1 minute ago, Bridge school said:

The topic of why Izzy isn't in the band has been discussed ad nauseum. It's a hot topic, but it tabloid bullshit. If Richard Fortus left Izzy might be offered a spot, like Slash and Duff were offered a spot when DJ and Tommy left.  

Boom.

Boom? 

3 minutes ago, Bridge school said:

The topic of why Izzy isn't in the band has been discussed ad nauseum. It's a hot topic, but it tabloid bullshit. If Richard Fortus left Izzy might be offered a spot, like Slash and Duff were offered a spot when DJ and Tommy left.  

Boom.

Again ignorant...be done with this I am.

5 hours ago, GNR-girl said:

And you think that Slash and Duff are cool with that?

For $500,000 to a $750,00 a show.....for two months of work they will pull on an estimated 10-15 million dollars......yes, they are probably cool with it. 

Give the fans a ton of fun and excitement. Get to play in guns n roses. Get to put 10 million dollars In your bank account for two mo the work -- it's s great situation for Slash and Duff. Even if Axl still runs the show. 

2 minutes ago, Bridge school said:

Typical passive aggressive post from you, indy.  If you have nothing to add but passive agressive jabs, sarcasm, and insults, then maybe you should stick to reading the forums.

I didn't insult you personally, but your statement on this matter is frankly ignorant.  I've also explained why.  There is no passive/aggressive nature to it.

You keep saying the same thing over and over, so will I.  PM me though bc I'm done with it here.

41 minutes ago, killuridols said:

At 54?

Yeah, right :lol:

By your logic a 54 year old could never starve. A 54 year old would not need food for survival. Of course the fat is going to come off if a human does not get enough energy from food. It's just physics. 

4 minutes ago, Changes said:

By your logic a 54 year old could never starve. A 54 year old would not need food for survival. Of course the fat is going to come off if a human does not get enough energy from food. It's just physics. 

??

The person who I replied to said Axl could get rid of the belly fat just by "eating right" and not getting any exercise. They didn't talk about "starving". They said "eating right", whatever that means.

You're the one with a flawed logic.

Just now, killuridols said:

??

The person who I replied to said Axl could get rid of the belly fat just by "eating right" and not getting any exercise. They didn't talk about "starving". They said "eating right", whatever that means.

You're the one with a flawed logic.

I was saying that person was right. Cutting calories work for all human beings due to the laws of physics. 

6 minutes ago, Changes said:

I was saying that person was right. Cutting calories work for all human beings due to the laws of physics. 

neh, you need to reed into that more. It's not that simple. Ofcourse anyone that stops eating wil loose weight. But anyone who wants to loose weight responsably (aka in a healthy way) can't starve himself. Loosing a fat belly at middle age is a long, slow process. Chances of succes being oh so slim. 

Edited by Ender04
typo

10 minutes ago, Changes said:

That adiposity located in the belly will not disappear just because you "cut" calories. Of course, some of it will go but at his age burning calories becomes more difficult, specially if you don't exercise.

Why do you think lyposuction exists? Because despite people go on shocking diets and lose lots of weight, that kind of adiposity remains stuck there.

7 minutes ago, Ender04 said:

neh, you need to reed into that more. It's not that simple. Ofcourse anyone that stops eating wil loose weight. But anyone who wants to loose weight responsable (aka in a healthy way) can't starve himself. Loosing a fat belly at middle age is a long, slow process. Chances of succes being oh so slim. 

A starving person will not only lose fat but they will lose muscle and all the good things a body needs to survive. A starving person will become ill and eventually die.

I can't believe some people are so ignorant and spread such a negative message.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

This is a business decision.  You are making it more complicated than it has to be from a business point of view.

This is not about the past it’s about the present and future as a business for GNR.

Yes, people this is a business and like all businesses you have the people that own the business, invest in the business and then the workers (Hired help).

Some of the things people seem to want does not work from a business point of view.

Do people really think the original 5 guys will get together out of nostalgia, or based on what album they wrote or played on for nothing... or do you think they would want something out of It like money or future avenues to receive money possibly a cut of tour profits.

Let’s take Steve and Matt sharing drum duties. How would you break down what each would get payed? Would it be by each song they played on? Maybe per beat etc. Maybe what album they played on in an era of past GNR history.

Let’s take slash only playing on the songs he wrote, Lets add Izzy in there playing rhythm guitar only to his songs and with slash and then Richard can  come out and play on CD songs. Again how would you work that out in terms of payment, royalties and tour profits among-est  all involved.

3 guys have worked out the best way from a business structure point of view for this to work.

Well, I've always believed that it was FIVE guys - not one, not three - but FIVE guys (six if you include Matt) who were responsible for bringing GNR to the top of the music world. Without the contributions of all of them, the band would never have created the ground-breaking music that made us fans of the band in the first place.

And the Rock Hall of Fame had no trouble determining which musicians were responsible in its induction ceremony - and which ones were not (no matter how hard certain people lobbied to get others inducted as members of GNR).

So, from a business perspective - since that seems to be your focus - why shouldn't all five (or six) share equally in the profits of the reunion shows?  All created the music - and all are alive, healthy and want to be part of the reunion.  Why should only three get all the accolades and cash?  Do you honestly think the band would be less successful with all of the original members - than it would with hired hands?  Please….

As for Steven and Matt sharing drums - I don't see this being an issue at all. Both were happy to share drums at the Rock HOF - and I'm certain they wouldn't complain about sharing drums on tour and splitting the paycheck accordingly. It's a no-brainer.

You seem to be suggesting that the ONLY reason Izzy, Stevie and Matt aren't there is because Axl, Slash and Duff didn't want to split the profits equally with them - That they wanted to hoard all the cash for themselves and just pay a "token" amount for hired hands (Richard and Frank) to replace the guys who should be there. … Honestly, I hope you're wrong. I hope that's not the reason.

There is a new brand of fan, epitomised by Bridge School, which has developed recently haha; they are neither reunionistes, since they support Frank/Richard, nor nugnr supporters, since they believe this Slash, Duff, Axl rapprochement is the greatest thing to have ever happened to Guns N' Roses. They perhaps should be called ''hybridistes''.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is a new brand of fan, epitomised by Bridge School, which has developed recently haha; they are neither reunionistes, since they support Frank/Richard, nor nugnr supporters, since they believe this Slash, Duff, Axl rapprochement is the greatest thing to have ever happened to Guns N' Roses. They perhaps should be called ''hybridistes''.

lol :)

You can spot them a mile off because they hate every old member who is not in this line-up (Stradlin, Sorum, Adler, Gilby - they loath poor old Gilby) and say things like ''versatile'' and ''professional'' when discussing the ''genius that is Richard Fortus'' - and seem honestly amazed by the fact that some people do not hold Richard Fortus in as great a esteem as they do!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Asia said:

Maybe they're just happy that Axl, Slash and Duff are making amazing, badass shows together again and maybe they have better things to do than keep whining that it is all shit because "we wanted Izzy, and Steven and Matt and Gilby and all VR songs and a resurrected Scott to share vocals with Axl and Axl to have a different hat, longer hair, taller and slimmer figure and longer legs. The boots should be different too. The way it is this reunion just doesn't count". Sorry guys but it is not the "hybridistes", as you call us, that should really be laughed at here.

Case in point...

They do not even accept the mildest criticism!

• Like 3

The difference between Izzy/ Steven and the other members of GNR is that they basically created and brought to success one of the most famous band in history

Izzy helped writing some of the best GNR's songs which are being played right now by the current line up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, axlslash said:

I don't mean to interrupt this thread's edition of the Matt/Izzy/Gilby circlejerk, but a member of GNR tweeted something and I thought the GNR Social Media Update thread would be an appropriate place to post it. Feel free to disregard this post and go on with your day.

:lol: