Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

He kicked Ashba and Tommy out of the band to get Slash and Duff back. They "left" the band because Slash and Duff were coming back. They knew this and then chose to leave which is the same thing as waiting to be kicked out. Tommy was like the leader of the group as well and had been there just as long as Richard.

Oh. From everything I read DJ quitting caught Axl by surprise. And he said in his letter that he was quitting. And didn't Richard choose to miss GnR shows to tour with another band and then he just chose to stay with that band?

1 hour ago, iftheworld said:

The tide has shifted on these forums. What happened when I was away? Where's my brother Volcano? 

Let me get this straight. I defended Axl and NuGNR and didn't want a reuinion. Then, a reunion happens, and I change my views on the subject and love the reunion and everyone here is complaining about this reunion because a guy (Izzy) who takes the band for granted and doesnt care about the band or the fans and an unreliable ex-drug addict who probably couldnt handle the fame and magnitude of this tour isnt there? What is wrong with you people? You've gotten what you wanted. Slash and Axl are close again. 

Can't we be civil and realise how lucky we are that this happened in our lifetime. This is probably the single most important thing to happen to rock in the last twenty years. People will never be happy.

Without an album tho, is it really the "most important" thing to happen to rock in the last 20 years? 

These guys have all played together in random groupings. Duff and Izzy with Axl. Duff and Slash and Matt. Slash and Adler. 

So now Axl, Slash and Duff share the stage - but without Izzy, Adler or Sorum. 

Twenty shows from half the classic groupings? Cool AF? Hell yes. Most important rock event of the last 20 years? Lol, not even close. Check out some music forums that aren't directly attached to GnR. People aren't "crying" and proclaiming it the best night of their lives as they sit and watch the show on their computers  

Now throw in an album with Izzy writing half the songs, and then a tour with Adler and Sorum replacing Frank......then you can start talking "most important" in terms of the last ten or twenty years. 

Axl - like so many times before - has the potential for music/history altering events at his fingertips. Let's wait and see if he chooses to go that route. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Archer said:

ITW, well said.

Where is Volcano? Where is Ali? I miss the rest of the Axl 'superfans'.

They all post at another forum. But I'm not sure if we are allowed to mention the name since all those guys got banned. 

49 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Oh. From everything I read DJ quitting caught Axl by surprise. And he said in his letter that he was quitting. And didn't Richard choose to miss GnR shows to tour with another band and then he just chose to stay with that band?

I'm pretty sure the reunion was in the works before either Tommy or DJ left and DJ was 100% fine with it as he has another band on the rise and took the high route and quite with a nice letter not giving anything away about a reunion. Tommy basically just silently left because Duff was back in. I find it hard to believe that they both left for other reasons just making it the perfect opportunity for a reunion without any messy firing.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, donny said:

whats slash hinting at ? latest picture is a dead man with his left leg in a cast :) 

I don't know... I think the Pinocchio/Chucky picture was the real clue about what is going on.  This one is just a distraction technique.

53 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Slash posted this:

FB_IMG_1460514751109.jpg

oh hey it's a photo of me 60 years from now reading these forums while people are still fighting over various guns n roses lineups :headbang:

I personally don't mind the discussion aspect of the social media thread because some of the stuff the dudes post is so random I feel it should be open to interpretation/debate. That being said, can we all agree that Duff's "chair supply" dad joke was the highlight of this thread today? I love Dad Duff. Anyway, carry on.

2 minutes ago, born2boogie said:

oh hey it's a photo of me 60 years from now reading these forums while people are still fighting over various guns n roses lineups :headbang:

I personally don't mind the discussion aspect of the social media thread because some of the stuff the dudes post is so random I feel it should be open to interpretation/debate. That being said, can we all agree that Duff's "chair supply" dad joke was the highlight of this thread today? I love Dad Duff. Anyway, carry on.

Or its a photo of Us waiting for coachella

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Slash posted this:

FB_IMG_1460514751109.jpg

Theory: Slash hates Axl's guts and has decided to kill him when this tour's finished. He'll then keep the body in an isolated basement until it's nearly fully decomposed.

Or perhaps he's just into posting really weird stuff. Cant say I don't like it tho. 

6 hours ago, iftheworld said:

The tide has shifted on these forums. What happened when I was away? Where's my brother Volcano? 

Let me get this straight. I defended Axl and NuGNR and didn't want a reuinion. Then, a reunion happens, and I change my views on the subject and love the reunion and everyone here is complaining about this reunion because a guy (Izzy) who takes the band for granted and doesnt care about the band or the fans and an unreliable ex-drug addict who probably couldnt handle the fame and magnitude of this tour isnt there? What is wrong with you people? You've gotten what you wanted. Slash and Axl are close again. 

Can't we be civil and realise how lucky we are that this happened in our lifetime. This is probably the single most important thing to happen to rock in the last twenty years. People will never be happy.

See, another one of these posts, right down to the same old unnecessary snidey comments about Adler and Izzy, and same hyperbole ''the single most important thing to happen to rock in the last twenty years'' - Jesus, you have to get out more if you believe that!!)!

''Ex-drug addict'', you mean like Slash and Duff, and is there any evidence that Izzy ''doesn't care about the band or the fans''? Last I checked, it is Axl, Slash and Duff charging obscene amounts for VIP wallet rapes, which they cannot even be bothered to attend, and setting incredibly high general ticket prices. ''Not caring for the fans'' equates economic fan exploitation. 

You people do realise that some people's (me included) favourite GN'R member is Izzy Stradlin? Before Axl, Slash, Duff, there are people who value his presence more. Therefore an Axl, Slash, Duff reunion is never going to carry with it the same levels of hysteria for those people, as it does for people who seem to think that GN'R was ''only the Axl and Slash show''.

Edited by DieselDaisy

11 hours ago, madison said:

In fairness, the debate about Sorum/Adler/Izzy isn't really off-topic in this thread.

This is the social media thread, whose creator decided that anything and everything posted in social media should be discussed in this one humongous 500-page thread. This means, both Matt's social media posts and Izzy's posts - about not being invited to join the reunion - have been posted. So, people should be allowed to discuss them here, no?  Just saying.  

Personally, I find it strange that we have one gigantic "social media" thread, since most news today comes from social media in one form or another. It might make more sense for news from social media to have their own separate threads, and this way we wouldn't have people getting annoyed when members want to discuss one particular social media post.  Just a thought. *shrugs* 

If only you were a moderator on your own forum...oh wait...yeah that worked out well. Guess old habits die hard.

8 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

Been reading  some of these posts and all  I'm seeing are just the usual Axl superfans supporting anything he does.  Matt's not in the band but Frank is, therefore he's the superior drummer.  Same with the Izzy/Richard nonsense.    It's like their sole purpose on these forums is to do nothing more than offer a constant regurgitation of Axl decisions that should not  be questioned and are defended at all cost.  I was wondering what was going happen to with those people who always put Slash on blast and  swore a reunion would never happen because Axl said so.  Now we know.  I'm actually very amused by it all. 

You know what is even funnier? When you pretend to be P4A. Really Madison, it is so obvious now :lol:

Ha, it's usually the Axl superfans the ones that claim that Izzy doesn't want to be there and Adler isn't reliable enough to handle a tour of this magnitude, but I ask, what the fuck do you know?  As far as I can remember, in these people's book, Slash was a drug addict who couldn't play anymore, a sellout media whore who Axl would never share a stage with because he had #integrity but... here we are, admiring how the impossible has happened and just like that, the Axl superfans have changed their tune 180º. Now Slash and Duff being back in Guns is somehow the greatest thing that has happened in the last 20 years for them. :lol:

I think that Fortus and Frank were chosen because they were - obviously and without a shadow of doubt - the cheaper option.  The big three get all the money, the session musicians playing other people's material get a 5-digit paycheck.  Stradlin, Adler and Sorum would want and demand more money because they know their importance in the history of REAL Guns N' Roses.  It makes sense to me.  It's sad and hard to digest, but in the end, it is what it is.  I hope I'm wrong, though, but they are not going to stop selling out stadiums because these guys are not involved.

The fact that Slash is playing UYI songs again and Axl is giving us his best after so many years of phoning it in is reason enough for many of us to enjoy this tour.  I would love to see the other members of REAL Gn'R involved but I'm afraid it won't happen.  I mean, there are many positive things happening in this band right now.  I can't sit back to complain about other stuff we may or may not agree with.  It's unfortunate, but this "line-up" is the best thing we can get at the moment so enjoy it for what it is.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, another one of these posts, right down to the same old unnecessary snidey comments about Adler and Izzy, and same hyperbole ''the single most important thing to happen to rock in the last twenty years'' - Jesus, you have to get out more if you believe that!!)!

''Ex-drug addict'', you mean like Slash and Duff, and is there any evidence that Izzy ''doesn't care about the band or the fans''? Last I checked, it is Axl, Slash and Duff charging obscene amounts for VIP wallet rapes, which they cannot even be bothered to attend, and setting incredibly high general ticket prices. ''Not caring for the fans'' equates economic fan exploitation. 

You people do realise that some people's (me included) favourite GN'R member is Izzy Stradlin? Before Axl, Slash, Duff, there are people who value his presence more. Therefore an Axl, Slash, Duff reunion is never going to carry with it the same levels of hysteria for those people, as it does for people who seem to think that GN'R was ''only the Axl and Slash show''.

Izzy is the most important member of GNR for you, whatever, man, matter of personal preferences. To me what is most important in the GNR sound is the interplay or the conversation, whatever you call it, between that particular guitar (Slash's) and that particular voice. That is the clue. The rest matters, too, and I don't negate that GNR sounded best in the Appetite era but as long as there is Slash's guitar talking with Axl voice it is GNR to me. And so I'm happy with what I have. You're not, fine.

I didn't care at all for new GNR so I didn't read the posts about concerts, didn't read the reviews, certainly didn't comment on them. What surprises me is the need of people like you to watch and follow and listen to what you don't give a damn about and write pages upon pages on something you don't even like or care about. But whatever, to each their own, I guess.

10 minutes ago, SoniaRose said:

If only you were a moderator on your own forum...oh wait...yeah that worked out well. Guess old habits die hard.

You know what is even funnier? When you pretend to be P4A. Really Madison, it is so obvious now :lol:

What does that have to do with what we're discussing in this thread?  Who told you that you're in the position to make those claims?

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Izzy is the most important member of GNR for you, whatever, man, matter of personal preferences. To me what is most important in the GNR sound is the interplay or the conversation, whatever you call it, between that particular guitar (Slash's) and that particular voice. That is the clue. The rest matters, too, and I don't negate that GNR sounded best in the Appetite era but as long as there is Slash's guitar talking with Axl voice it is GNR to me. And so I'm happy with what I have. You're not, fine.

I didn't care at all for new GNR so I didn't read the posts about concerts, didn't read the reviews, certainly didn't comment on them. What surprises me is the need of people like you to watch and follow and listen to what you don't give a damn about and write pages upon pages on something you don't even like or care about. But whatever, to each their own, I guess.

What about the songs, the songwriting, of which Stradlin had a gigantic role (much more than Slash)? I agree with you about Axl and Slash sounding magical together but that does not suffice in itself unless you are happy for them to perform covers. And in regards to your latter point, I'm merely reacting to events as they unfold; you have to remember that until just a few days ago people still held onto the prospect of a Stradlin or Adler appearance; we did not really know the line-up, or much of anything really! I am certainly entitled to comment on events as they unfold.

I watched (some of) the clips and my comments were positive:

So I do not see how your last point applies (to me).