Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Ideally, Steven would have got the help he needed and not been fired, Izzy would have stayed on, the remnants wouldn't have crumbled, and we'd have 10 new albums to listen to.  

I think we can all agree on that.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is a new brand of fan, epitomised by Bridge School, which has developed recently haha; they are neither reunionistes, since they support Frank/Richard, nor nugnr supporters, since they believe this Slash, Duff, Axl rapprochement is the greatest thing to have ever happened to Guns N' Roses. They perhaps should be called ''hybridistes''.

I, like a lot of fans, support whatever group is out there, including the Bumblefoot/Ashba group.  They put on good shows and I'm glad they were immortalized on DVD, at the very least, I would have loved to hear original material from that incarnation.  I support whoever is in the band.

Now back on topic.

Edited by Bridge school
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spliff said:

don't get your hopes up for any interviews from trunk. axl saying his manager didn't tell him about that metal show interview is bullshit

Eh axl was non commital for an interview. I don't think even looking at the interview that he was all that angry about it. Surprised and miffed over miscommunication sure, but he knows he can trust trunk. Trunk will get an interview at some point like it or not.

8 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

As I said before, Axl own the Band's name contract. He own Guns N' Roses now. So technically He control Guns N' Roses. Slash N' Duff is just like Fortus N' Others.Temporary hired Members just to fill the position. They have no right to decide something. If that contract isnt exist, They still can discuss Sorum N' Others with Axl. Its up to Axl now. Like it or not thats how it is.

I'm forgetting the sources I I don't know how reliable this point is, but something came out a few days ago about Slash and Duff getting shared percentages of income from the tour, whereas NuGN'R members were on salary. So if this is true, it suggests that Axl, Slash and Duff are now shares partners in Guns N' Roses. It kind of makes sense and why they wanted to wait until Slash's divorce was final. Also you can imagine it would've taken each party's lawyers a good while to come to a final decision were everybody is happy.

If it took that long with Slash and Duff, Izzy and Steven (or their representatives) are gonna want a similar deal, which would take a lot longer for those guys, especially Steven who only has writing credits on one album. This is most likely why no one has said fuck all about them being involved as of yet, it's possible it's still being worked out. This also falls in line with Izzy's comment about being offered a shit deal.

Again I am purely speculating (but what else can we do with absolutely no official statements and rumours from questionable sources.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, axlslash said:

We tried, @alfierose, we tried. But what we've got here is...

In fairness, the debate about Sorum/Adler/Izzy isn't really off-topic in this thread.

This is the social media thread, whose creator decided that anything and everything posted in social media should be discussed in this one humongous 500-page thread. This means, both Matt's social media posts and Izzy's posts - about not being invited to join the reunion - have been posted. So, people should be allowed to discuss them here, no?  Just saying.  

Personally, I find it strange that we have one gigantic "social media" thread, since most news today comes from social media in one form or another. It might make more sense for news from social media to have their own separate threads, and this way we wouldn't have people getting annoyed when members want to discuss one particular social media post.  Just a thought. *shrugs* 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, madison said:

In fairness, the debate about Sorum/Adler/Izzy isn't really off-topic in this thread.

This is the social media thread, whose creator decided that anything and everything posted in social media should be discussed in this one humongous 500-page thread. This means, both Matt's social media posts and Izzy's posts - about not being invited to join the reunion - have been posted. So, people should be allowed to discuss them here, no?  Just saying.  

Personally, I find it strange that we have one gigantic "social media" thread, since most news today comes from social media in one form or another. It might make more sense for news from social media to have their own separate threads, and this way we wouldn't have people getting annoyed when members want to discuss one particular social media post.  Just a thought. *shrugs* 

I agree, it's a difficult balance and we've had a few different suggestions raised about how to manage this thread. Going forward I think it's probably something we will look closer at how to organise better.

I don't mind the discussions wandering too much in this thread but it's hard to know where to draw a line, some posters get annoyed at it not being a more concise record of social media, others enjoy the chat. It's not really satisfactory for anyone which is why when a specific discussion has rumbled on a while I try to pull it back on track a little.

As far as Sorum/Adler/Izzy not being included I don't see any reason why someone couldn't start a standalone topic to discuss further.

• Like 1

GnR has always been a revolving door of musicians.  Any lineup that Axl chose for this tour would be met with criticism. 

Having Izzy back and Adler/Sorum splitting drums would have been the most popular route. 

But it would have been lame of Axl - as a human and business partner - to just kick Fortus and Frank to the curb after they have been loyal to him and GnR for so long. Hasn't Fortus been there for 15 years? So firing him for Izzy, who QUIT the band.....that would have been a dick move by Axl. 

There really wasn't an easy solution.

I suppose maybe they could have released CD2 today (with two new songs by Slash/Duff/Izzy) and give Fortus and Frank some of the publishing rights to it so they get a pay day.

Then bring the two guys On tour and Let them guest at four shows, play only on the song Chinese Democracy, give them 25,000 per show - and then severe ties.  So their loyalty gets them 100 grand, more exposure, and royalty checks from CD2. A nice going away present for their loyalty. 

Then tour with the big three, Izzy and Adler/Sorum sharing drumming. 

Do these 20 dates. Then go spend the next six months recording a new album. World tour next year to support new album and 30th anniversary of Appetite. 

On 11/04/2016 at 9:28 PM, Asia said:

Yeah the hats are a terrible idea, they cut his face in half making it look twice as broad and a lot shorter and this is not the effect anone who put on weight would want. Axl, let your hair grow, arrange it nicely around your face and ditch those hats for good. 

Oh, and let's hope that the end means the end of the dark years of fake GNR :lol:

That's it, the hats push his hair back but the way you describe it is perfect. He needs it arranged around his face & it looks less puffy. You've explained it perfectly.

I didn't notice makeup on his eyes but if so maybe it's because being ginger he needs to highlight his eyes or his face would look bland from the stage.

14 minutes ago, thunder120 said:

You wouldn't have to kick fortus to the curb. Why is going with 3 guitarists out of the question?

Uhhhhh, think about what you just said...three full time guitarists is out of the question.  It just is.

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Uhhhhh, think about what you just said...three full time guitarists is out of the question.  It just is.

Foo Fighters does the 3 guitarist thing pretty well in my opinion

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is a new brand of fan, epitomised by Bridge School, which has developed recently haha; they are neither reunionistes, since they support Frank/Richard, nor nugnr supporters, since they believe this Slash, Duff, Axl rapprochement is the greatest thing to have ever happened to Guns N' Roses. They perhaps should be called ''hybridistes''.

Been reading  some of these posts and all  I'm seeing are just the usual Axl superfans supporting anything he does.  Matt's not in the band but Frank is, therefore he's the superior drummer.  Same with the Izzy/Richard nonsense.    It's like their sole purpose on these forums is to do nothing more than offer a constant regurgitation of Axl decisions that should not  be questioned and are defended at all cost.  I was wondering what was going happen to with those people who always put Slash on blast and  swore a reunion would never happen because Axl said so.  Now we know.  I'm actually very amused by it all. 

Edited by Patience 4 Axl
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Asia said:

Maybe they're just happy that Axl, Slash and Duff are making amazing, badass shows together again and maybe they have better things to do than keep whining that it is all shit because "we wanted Izzy, and Steven and Matt and Gilby and all VR songs and a resurrected Scott to share vocals with Axl and Axl to have a different hat, longer hair, taller and slimmer figure and longer legs. The boots should be different too. The way it is this reunion just doesn't count". Sorry guys but it is not the "hybridistes", as you call us, that should really be laughed at here.

Genius post ! rock3

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

GnR has always been a revolving door of musicians.  Any lineup that Axl chose for this tour would be met with criticism. 

Having Izzy back and Adler/Sorum splitting drums would have been the most popular route. 

But it would have been lame of Axl - as a human and business partner - to just kick Fortus and Frank to the curb after they have been loyal to him and GnR for so long. Hasn't Fortus been there for 15 years? So firing him for Izzy, who QUIT the band.....that would have been a dick move by Axl. 

There really wasn't an easy solution.

I suppose maybe they could have released CD2 today (with two new songs by Slash/Duff/Izzy) and give Fortus and Frank some of the publishing rights to it so they get a pay day.

Then bring the two guys On tour and Let them guest at four shows, play only on the song Chinese Democracy, give them 25,000 per show - and then severe ties.  So their loyalty gets them 100 grand, more exposure, and royalty checks from CD2. A nice going away present for their loyalty. 

Then tour with the big three, Izzy and Adler/Sorum sharing drumming. 

Do these 20 dates. Then go spend the next six months recording a new album. World tour next year to support new album and 30th anniversary of Appetite. 

He kicked Ashba and Tommy out of the band to get Slash and Duff back. They "left" the band because Slash and Duff were coming back. They knew this and then chose to leave which is the same thing as waiting to be kicked out. Tommy was like the leader of the group as well and had been there just as long as Richard.

11 minutes ago, iftheworld said:

The tide has shifted on these forums. What happened when I was away? Where's my brother Volcano? 

Let me get this straight. I defended Axl and NuGNR and didn't want a reuinion. Then, a reunion happens, and I change my views on the subject and love the reunion and everyone here is complaining about this reunion because a guy (Izzy) who takes the band for granted and doesnt care about the band or the fans and an unreliable ex-drug addict who probably couldnt handle the fame and magnitude of this tour isnt there? What is wrong with you people? You've gotten what you wanted. Slash and Axl are close again. 

Can't we be civil and realise how lucky we are that this happened in our lifetime. This is probably the single most important thing to happen to rock in the last twenty years. People will never be happy.

ITW, well said.

Where is Volcano? Where is Ali? I miss the rest of the Axl 'superfans'.

• Like 1