Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Just now, LA_0013 said:

Kinda cool how you question the validity of people's views then in the very same post state your own opinion as fact

Looks like you missed that I said "I think" at the beginning of my paragraph.  Is English your first language?

10 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Looks like you missed that I said "I think" at the beginning of my paragraph.  Is English your first language?

You also said 'obviously and without a shadow of a doubt'... When in truth you know fuck all.

Is English yours?

• Like 1

Just now, LA_0013 said:

You also said 'obviously and without a shadow of a doubt'... When in truth you know fuck all.

Is English yours?

Because for me, in my opinion, there's no doubt about it.  I'm entitled to think that, and like I said, I hope I'm wrong.  You missed that also?

Looks like English isn't your first language.  May want to check what "think" means.

7 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Because for me, in my opinion, there's no doubt about it.  I'm entitled to think that, and like I said, I hope I'm wrong.  You missed that also?

Looks like English isn't your first language.  May want to check what "think" means.

Oh my bad. Gotcha. So you 'think' something but at the same time it's proven 'without a shadow of doubt'. Think you might need to brush up on your primary language skills yourself dude.

Beyond the grammar issue - you clearly value your own opinion (Frank and Richard are the cheap hires) way above anyone who views the situation differently.

As you so eloquently put it, what the fuck do you know?

Edited by LA_0013

18 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Heh, no. What you wrote what that you think they were chosen because they were the cheapest option. And not because of some other reason. But you also claimed that it is obviously and beyond doubt that they were the cheapest option. In other words, you presented it as a fact that they are the cheapest option and then speulated that this was the reason they were chosen.

• Like 1

Just now, LA_0013 said:

Oh my bad. Gotcha. So you 'think' something but at the same time it's proven 'without a shadow of doubt'. Think you might need to brush up on your primary language skills yourself dude.

Beyond the grammar issue - you clearly value your own opinion (Frank and Richard are the cheap hires) way above anyone who views the situation differently.

As you so eloquently put it, what the fuck do you know?

Where did I say it's proven?  Like I said, it's just my opinion.  Nowhere in my post I stated it otherwise.  If you're not bright enough to understand simple English, not my problem.

Anyone is free to view the situation differently, but saying Izzy doesn't want to be there or that Adler is unable to perform is way beyond that - unless you think Stradlin / Adler and Sorum would cost less money than Richard Fortus / Frank Ferrer in a Guns N' Roses "reunion", which would put you in the position of stating that they're not involved because of skills or commitment.

Izzy performed with Axl and Velvet Revolver multiple times, yet he doesn't' want to tour.  Adler has shown he's able to play AFD songs just fine, yet he's unstable and unreliable.  Sorum said he would do it and would share the duties with Adler.  Those are facts.

It's common sense.  Something you clearly lack of.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Izzy performed with Axl and Velvet Revolver multiple times, yet he doesn't' want to tour.  Adler has shown he's able to play AFD songs just fine, yet he's unstable and unreliable.  Sorum said he would do it and would share the duties with Adler.  Those are facts.

You're mixing up facts with opinions.

Facts: Izzy performed with Axl and VR multiple times

Izzy didn't want to do a huge tour in the past

Adler has shown he was able to play AFD songs just fine

Adler has also proved to be unstable and unreliable in the past at least, Izzy has proved to be unreliable in the past.

Sorum said he would do it and share duties with Steven.

Those are facts.

But you don't know if Izzy wants to tour right now or if Steven is able to play those songs just fine.

I would think that Izzy still doesn't like to take on a huge tour, just like he never has before, but I think he'll guest on some shows, when he chooses to. I think the other three would love that. I don't believe either Izzy, Adler or Sorum were cut out for financial reasons.

(English is not my first language.)

@Lio While you're absolutely right about the past, I should say that's the past - in terms of commitment and reliability.  It's been more than two decades since Izzy toured.  It's been more than that since Adler performed under the Gn'R name.  If we look at things objectively, it doesn't make sense.

And it isn't my opinion that Adler wants to do it, or Sorum, it's what they have stated in the press and interviews.  Alright, with Izzy things are a bit different, but I still believe he would be up for it if the conditions are right and fair for him.  It strikes me as odd that Izzy isn't involved and that he joined Twitter to tell us about it.  If we consider - the past - as something that could take the same effect today - we should remember that Axl cut Izzy off during and after the UYI tour.  That Axl didn't want to pay him what it was owed to him unless he returned for a few shows in 1993.

If the big three don't want to treat Stradlin, Adler and Sorum as equal partners, it all comes down to not wanting to pay them more than what they believe is enough.  If it isn't money, what could it be?  I mean, that, and the fact that outside hardcore Gn'R fans, most casual fans do not care about the drummer or rhythm guitarist, all they care about is Axl and Slash.  Hell, the Axl and Slash combo has me excited like a 16-year-old girl.  I'm ready to give them my money.  So, it could be Frank Ferrer and Richard Fortus or any other drummer and rhythm guitarist, it wouldn't change a thing.  Why pay more when you can pay less for basically the same thing?

Again, that's just my opinion and how I see things regarding this particular subject.

5 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

'Something you clearly lack of' doesn't make sense. Like you're original argument 

To you, of course it doesn't make sense.  It doesn't surprise me. :lol:

If you think my 'original argument' doesn't make sense maybe it's time for you to stop the one-line posts and actually discuss the topic.

I think it's time for the lot of you to duscuss the topic, which is SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES in case it's not clear to any of you. 

Sheesh, I click on here to see the latest tweets or IGs and I'm met with walks of text that's thinly veiled bickering and English comprehension studies. 

Can I be a mod so I can delete all this shit?!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

@Lio While you're absolutely right about the past, I should say that's the past - in terms of commitment and reliability.  It's been more than two decades since Izzy toured.  It's been more than that since Adler performed under the Gn'R name.  If we look at things objectively, it doesn't make sense.

And it isn't my opinion that Adler wants to do it, or Sorum, it's what they have stated in the press and interviews.  Alright, with Izzy things are a bit different, but I still believe he would be up for it if the conditions are right and fair for him.  It strikes me as odd that Izzy isn't involved and that he joined Twitter to tell us about it.  If we consider - the past - as something that could take the same effect today - we should remember that Axl cut Izzy off during and after the UYI tour.  That Axl didn't want to pay him what it was owed to him unless he returned for a few shows in 1993.

If the big three don't want to treat Stradlin, Adler and Sorum as equal partners, it all comes down to not wanting to pay them more than what they believe is enough.  If it isn't money, what could it be?  I mean, that, and the fact that outside hardcore Gn'R fans, most casual fans do not care about the drummer or rhythm guitarist, all they care about is Axl and Slash.  Hell, the Axl and Slash combo has me excited like a 16-year-old girl.  I'm ready to give them my money.  So, it could be Frank Ferrer and Richard Fortus or any other drummer and rhythm guitarist, it wouldn't change a thing.  Why pay more when you can pay less for basically the same thing?

Again, that's just my opinion and how I see things regarding this particular subject.

You assume that if Adler and Sorum want to do that, there are no other obstacles, except for money, which is not necessairly the case. Steven may be considered unreliable, Sorum maybe considered bad-tempered and have to big an ego. The band needs to be functional, not only sound good but also communicate, etc.

You also assume that Izzy is out because he wasn't treated fairly regarding the conditions. And how do you know? Maybe it was the other way round? Meybe he wanted too much? Maybe he wanted to treat them unfair?

Point is we know shit, so we're not really in the best position to pass judgement.

• Like 2

Sorum said he ''wasn't asked'' and Stradlin was leaving some fairly sizable hints, on being excluded through some typical gnr machinations, with those songs on twitter, e.g. 'Stuck in the Middle With You'.

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, Asia said:

You assume that if Adler and Sorum want to do that, there are no other obstacles, except for money, which is not necessairly the case. Steven may be considered unreliable, Sorum maybe considered bad-tempered and have to big an ego. The band needs to be functional, not only sound good but also communicate, etc.

You also assume that Izzy is out because he wasn't treated fairly regarding the conditions. And how do you know? Maybe it was the other way round? Meybe he wanted too much? Maybe he wanted to treat them unfair?

Point is we know shit, so we're not really in the best position to pass judgement.

Yes, but if Slash and Axl could come to amicable terms and work something out, do you really think that Adler, Stradlin and Sorum couldn't?

You know what, I think that these guys who are not being included in this 'reunion' know what they're worth.  And it's not about how much they're worth in US dollars - if you know what I mean, but they know they all hold a bit of what Guns N' Roses actually were.  They can make demands and request what they think is fair for them.

My point was that people said that Adler was unable to play and was unreliable.  I mean, he's proven to be able to play the songs just fine.  And if he isn't reliable, just throw him out of the band and get Sorum instead.  How do we know someone is not able to do something if we don't give them a chance?

And to think Stradlin would ask 'too much' money is outrageous but I guess is always an option.

10 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

I'm pretty sure the reunion was in the works before either Tommy or DJ left and DJ was 100% fine with it as he has another band on the rise and took the high route and quite with a nice letter not giving anything away about a reunion. Tommy basically just silently left because Duff was back in. I find it hard to believe that they both left for other reasons just making it the perfect opportunity for a reunion without any messy firing.

Very possible. 

Tho Axl has had a hard time keeping band members. GnR has always been a revolving door of band members, unfortunately. 

That, and lack of material, has always been what has prevented GnR from reaching that mythical Stones/Aerosmith level. 

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Very possible. 

Tho Axl has had a hard time keeping band members. GnR has always been a revolving door of band members, unfortunately. 

That, and lack of material, has always been what has prevented GnR from reaching that mythical Stones/Aerosmith level. 

Personally, I think DJ left coz he knew what was brewing. 

Accordinng to Richard's tweet, the band have been rehearsing for at least 3 months. Which more or less takes you back to the beginning of the year. And that's just rehearsal time.

Ashba left around August last year if I remember correctly. Getting Slash on board as his replacement, doing all the necessaries and then arranging a tour most likely took more time and effort to plan than 4-5 months. In my view...

29 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Personally, I think DJ left coz he knew what was brewing. 

Yeah. He told us at his shop that he knew that Slash was coming back and that he was fine with it. Of course, he can say anything now. ;-)

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Moderators. Cheeky bastards. You are not even allowed to make an innocent joke now!

Nah, it's just that this thread has a purpose. Whether or not GN'R Social Media is mundane is beside the point, ya know? There's plenty of other threads going on band member debates. The point is just that this thread is meant for GN'R social media and other discussions should go elsewhere.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. He told us at his shop that he knew that Slash was coming back and that he was fine with it. Of course, he can say anything now. ;-)

So its already planned long time before I guess , For Slash to rejoin, maybe planned for months. But I wonder if Axl never expected Ashba quit the Band? N' playing with 3 guitarist, Slash, Fortus N' Ashba?

IMO, Maybe Axl start to plan this after Tommy reject to doin' Tour with Them.....

What else He's been telling to You Guys?

Edited by SerenityScorp