Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

39 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

So its already planned long time before I guess , For Slash to rejoin, maybe planned for months. But I wonder if Axl never expected Ashba quit the Band? N' playing with 3 guitarist, Slash, Fortus N' Ashba?

IMO, Maybe Axl start to plan this after Tommy reject to doin' Tour with Them.....

What else He's been telling to You Guys?

I don't think that Slash would have accepted a third guitar player and Ashba quiting was more a function of him quiting himself, before Axl asks him to leave.

I'm pretty much sure that the seed of this whole thing was laid in South America and the rest just a matter of time/things falling into place.

We only asked him whether he would watch the shows and he said no, because he had to go to L.A. on that day.

Edited by PatrickS77

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I don't think that Slash would have accepted a third guitar player and Ashba quiting was more a function of him quiting himself, before Axl asks him to leave.

I'm pretty much sure that the seed of this whole thing was laid in South America and the rest just a matter of time/things falling into place.

We only asked him whether he would watch the shows and he said no, because he had to go to L.A. on that day.

I dunno, but I dont think Axl will ask Ashba to leave Guns so Slash can join...

South America? Shows? I have no idea about this, Can You tell Me the details?

6 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

South America? Shows? I have no idea about this, Can You tell Me the details?

If Axl wants Slash back and Slash refuses to play with a third guitarist then Axl most certainly would ask Ashba to leave. It's not like Axl owes anything to Ashba.

Duff joining Axl for the South America shows. Him spending time with Axl over a longer period.

• Like 1

Axl likely had a talk with Ashba about it at the Vegas shows in 14. One sign I felt like we ignored was the lifetime achievement award, especially when Axl thanked all line ups of guns n roses. It just seemed like an odd time for Axl to accept that award. I'm inclined to believe the rumors that they were planning this for 2 years. It gave everyone time to find their next gig with other bands and gave Axl and Slash time to plan. This reunion feels anything but rushed.

31 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Why wouldn't he?

Axl knows Slash has always been the right guitarist for the band and that's what the fans want.

Ashba was just a replacement of a replacement

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

If Axl wants Slash back and Slash refuses to play with a third guitarist then Axl most certainly would ask Ashba to leave. It's not like Axl owes anything to Ashba.

Duff joining Axl for the South America shows. Him spending time with Axl over a longer period.

The time when Duff had to replaced Stinson cause He had a Reunion with His Band?

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Volcano is on nightrain. I assume Ali is on htgth

And hey! Ann Arbor! Cool 

Thanks man. I'm on neither. Though it would be cool to run into them again.

Also, nice to see a Michigander! We're in Phx now but the wife is from A2. Go back to visit often.

9 minutes ago, supercool said:

if izzy has something to say, he should say it clearly in a press release.

those hints through song lyrics are silly and childish.

Nothing like an Internet forum where people like to tell other people how to live their life.

10 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

An OT post I want to share, Since no updates from the Guys

Anyone knows when this was taken? This photo is rare to Me

image.jpg

Not sure, but maybe it could be from the unreleased Its So Easy video. 

22 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

An OT post I want to share, Since no updates from the Guys

Anyone knows when this was taken? This photo is rare to Me

image.jpg

Izzy was in a punk Transvestite band before GnR maybe from that time frame?

6 minutes ago, Chris_slett said:

Did i see somewhere there is a download (audio) for the las vegas show? 

There is...the thread for it is in the downloads section of the forum.

My personal opinion is this has been in the works since 2014 timeframe. DJ was doing more SixxAM stuff and Duff was playing with Axl in South America. Would have been a good time for those conversations to start? Having Axl, Slash and Duff only makes sense and they are the co-owners of the songs while Axl has sole ownership of the name.

45 minutes ago, bjasmund said:

My personal opinion is this has been in the works since 2014 timeframe. DJ was doing more SixxAM stuff and Duff was playing with Axl in South America. Would have been a good time for those conversations to start? Having Axl, Slash and Duff only makes sense and they are the co-owners of the songs while Axl has sole ownership of the name.

Yea. Tommy didn't wanna continue because of personal reasons,  DJ left to focus on sixx AM, and I think it was apparent that BBF wanted out to do his own things. It only made sense for Duff to rejoin given he was on good terms and enjoyed playing with the band, and somewhere along the line befor/during/after Vegas in 2014 Slash and Axl reconciled.

Edited by ohmygod