Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

14 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

See, another one of these posts, right down to the same old unnecessary snidey comments about Adler and Izzy, and same hyperbole ''the single most important thing to happen to rock in the last twenty years'' - Jesus, you have to get out more if you believe that!!)!

''Ex-drug addict'', you mean like Slash and Duff, and is there any evidence that Izzy ''doesn't care about the band or the fans''? Last I checked, it is Axl, Slash and Duff charging obscene amounts for VIP wallet rapes, which they cannot even be bothered to attend, and setting incredibly high general ticket prices. ''Not caring for the fans'' equates economic fan exploitation. 

You people do realise that some people's (me included) favourite GN'R member is Izzy Stradlin? Before Axl, Slash, Duff, there are people who value his presence more. Therefore an Axl, Slash, Duff reunion is never going to carry with it the same levels of hysteria for those people, as it does for people who seem to think that GN'R was ''only the Axl and Slash show''.

And I respect your opinion. But Slash and Duff have proven themselves and Izzy doesn't even care.

16 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Any proof that he 'doesn't even care'?

Yah man, uh you know he left the band in 1991....so BOOM!  He obviously doesn't care you know it's like irrelevant and all anyway since they got Fortus now reunista :)

13 hours ago, SoniaRose said:

If only you were a moderator on your own forum...oh wait...yeah that worked out well. Guess old habits die hard.

You know what is even funnier? When you pretend to be P4A. Really Madison, it is so obvious now :lol:

Welcome to 2011 :lol:!  No really, I can't believe there's still someone out there obsessing over a 5 year old bullshit rumor.  Not too creepy. Sorry man, but it's about as relevant as Chris Pitman.  

I really wish Izzy was there, but I kind of do get the feeling he doesn't care all that much.  Maybe if we at least get some guest appearances, it might seem different. I feel Matt and Steven's non involvement are an Axl thing, but he was certainly cool with Izzy as far as we knew.  So it appears to be a conscious decision not to be a part of it.

• Like 1

Duff is still really close to Izzy and has mentioned more than once that Izzy wasn't into bands anymore...he prefers staying solo. He had zero interest in doing anything with the band again. He traveled separately from them for almost the entire UYI world tour. Mostly due to sobriety, but also because he's very much a loner.

Only joined this forum about a week ago, but why do people start to sweat when we go off topic? Switching from one topic to the next is a natural progression during a conversation, as long as it's fuelled by the initial discussion of a particular topic, what does it matter? Jesus, way to spoil the flow with that shit rule.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Man 6 bass guitars and 2 acoustic guitars for Duffy, thats a lot, does flea even have that much for a gig? 

He probably does. There are basses for each tuning and backups. I used to bring 3 guitars for a one hour show and that was one tuning.

16 hours ago, bjasmund said:

Duff is still really close to Izzy and has mentioned more than once that Izzy wasn't into bands anymore...he prefers staying solo. He had zero interest in doing anything with the band again. He traveled separately from them for almost the entire UYI world tour. Mostly due to sobriety, but also because he's very much a loner.

Nah - Izzy's been up for/open to a reunion for years

On playing with Axl/NuGnR:

"You know, there exists a very special connection with rock' n' roll audiences, and I had the desire to experience that again. When we play songs like "Nightrain," "Mr. Brownstone" or "Welcome to the Jungle," an instantaneous connection between the band and the listeners takes place, it’s something electrical, and I had the desire to experience that again."

On whether he'd consider a reunion:

“Yes, of course. I wrote a great deal of that material."

"I'd love to reunite with AFD lineup. I'd do it in a heartbeat if it was just us five. No disrespect to Dizzy Reed. "