GNR in Milan - september 5th 2010

Twinaleblood

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:question:

Does anyone else think that only managing 16 songs when you're a headliner charging what Axl does is kind of lazy?

No.

Not when some of them are 10 mins long and Guns play for 2hrs, no!

Plus you get amazing solos like Ballad of Death which is simply the most amazing thing ever (sorry,got a bit of a BOD thing going on at the mo,!!!! :thumbsup: ) and the Fortus OO7 theme. Awsome show for the money IMHO

so it would be just fine if they played 9 songs plus seven 15 minute solos then?

No, but they dont/wouldn't play 9 songs and seven 15 minute solos so thats a non argument.

16 songs, with PC, NR, KOHD being 10 mins long & 5 short solos isn't too bad. On the downside you'll nerver see them perform Estranged as long as those three are in the set

ashba.jpg

:thumbsup:

Wow, so were half the crowd booing?

Always a risky PR exercise when artists put on football/sports strips to 'please' the crowd - Ask Mike Tyson, he visited Scotland a few years back in an England shirt! :tongue2: Apparently, he actually got out alive? :huh:

A.C. Milan!!! How could this get any better???

What a taste! I'm glad to see some A.C. Milan supporters on mygnr. I'm gonna see their home game against Fiorentina in November.

they're looking great this season so far, caught the game with Lecce and it almost looks like Ronaldinho is back, I am anxious to see how Zlatan will fit in...

ashba.jpg

Always a risky PR exercise when artists put on football/sports strips to 'please' the crowd - Ask Mike Tyson, he visited Scotland a few years back in an England shirt! :tongue2: Apparently, he actually got out alive? :huh:

I saw a recent picture of him somewhere sporting this season's Rangers shirt for some reason. Dirty Old Firm pish.

ashba.jpg

I saw a recent picture of him somewhere sporting this season's Rangers shirt for some reason. Dirty Old Firm pish.

Really? Random... but I approve...

Amazing shot of rocket queen!

Damn, that was nice!

I always thought the current line-up's biggest strength on any of the old songs was Nightrain, but Rocket Queen has impressed me a lot this tour. Love the extended intro as well as Frank's drumming - he's a beast on this track. Changes it up in a good way.

Axl sounds quite good here as well, much better than some of the other videos I've watched from this leg of the tour. Good to see things are starting to be a bit smoother on this tour. The band looks totally into it and the crowd is terrific.

they're looking great this season so far, caught the game with Lecce and it almost looks like Ronaldinho is back, I am anxious to see how Zlatan will fit in...

I think Ibra will be killer as center forward between R80 and Pato. And if there'll be Pato's injury or Dinho's loose of form, Robinho is always ready. Awesome squad this year. (Sorry for off topic)

From ACM's facebook : Guns N' Roses are Milan fans too! On the September the 5th the group performed in Milan and the guitar player DJ Ashba wore the new 2010/2011 Milan jersey! He wore it to play 'Sweet Child o' Mine' with the band including Axl Rose and the track will accompany the players this year on the pitch at prematch warm ups at San Siro.

Can't wait to hear it at the San Siro! :wub:

Hello there. First time I post in this forum, but I have been browsing here since CD came out a couple of years ago.

Since I am Italian and was at the show in Rome (BTW, I apologise if I am not 100% spot on with my english) I thought you might find interesting to know how the concerts were generally received from fans in Italy.

1. Lateness: there were few attempts in the Italian newspaper to focus on Axl's previous delays, but it really fired-back because all the comments to those articles and reviews were along the lines of "10:30 start is NOT exactly late for Italy, and generally speaking with don't give a damn!"
  2. Performance: there wasn't literally NONE at the gig (at least in Rome) that was less than enthusiastic about the band's performance. I have heard many people (even much younger than me - I am 37) commenting that they came to see "the artists formerly known as GNR" with zero expectations and found Axl in top shape and the band super
  3. Atmosphere: just one word: "CRAZY". When the lights went down and CD riff started (not to mention WTTJ) the hell went loose. Everybody was singing and jumping and a couple of times I had to catch my wife before she surfed away from me over the "waves" in the crowd (I think you all saw the mosh pits). After three songs I was literally gasping for air and begging for a ballad, which came shortly afterwards (TIL) and everybody sung that one as well. Axl and the guys were probably caught by the excitement and soon started to smile an make jokes among them; for example BBF started puffing air from his mouth pretending to be bored during a couple of DJ's solos; someone threw a bra and Axl said that it matched his thong, ecc.
  4. Last but not least talking about Axl's attitude: you might like to know that a very famous music journalist here in Italy mentioned in his review of the concert that after the concert in Milan he saw a steady flow of beatiful girls in the band's dressing room coming and going but Axl - in his bathrobe - was apart practicing his voice (cool-down exercises) until late night.

Hope this was interesting enough for you.

Nice first post :xmasssanta:

I've seen much worse lol

Glad to read this ! Was really worried for the last two weeks. Looked like both italian dates were off the hook ! Great audiences, great performances, great attitude.

Hi friends! Is there still any free and convenient way to download vids off of youtube?

Im watching lauretta200's recordings and they would make a nice screen-shot mini-DVD.

Jungle

SCOM

Nov Rain

KOHD

Thanks for sharing ! Awesome videos.

What an incredible audience reaction on WTTJ :shocked: