I think This I Love is an embarrassment.

inthisriver

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, you've never felt the depth of loss he has. If you had, you'd "get it".

Sure. What has Axl ever lost that wasn't 100% his fault?

What a fucking childish comment, what the fuck do you know about Axl's personal life? Ah, that's right - jack shit.

Agreed. Also, to prove what an idiotic comment that was, anyone who's ever endured abuse as a child is never to blame. Ever.

Ali

lolwat

I experienced my fair share abuse as a child so I'm no longer held accountable for my actions. :rolleyes: Life doesn't work that way. I really appreciate people making personal attacks on me for not liking a song. Who's childish?

What did "Sure. What has Axl ever lost that wasn't 100% his fault?" have to do with 'This I Love'? You haven't been attacked for not liking a song, you've been attacked for being a cupcake.

Obviously, you've never felt the depth of loss he has. If you had, you'd "get it".

What a fucking childish comment, what the fuck do you know about Axl's personal life? Ah, that's right - jack shit.

Agreed. Also, to prove what an idiotic comment that was, anyone who's ever endured abuse as a child is never to blame. Ever.

Ali

lolwat

I experienced my fair share abuse as a child so I'm no longer held accountable for my actions. :rolleyes: Life doesn't work that way. I really appreciate people making personal attacks on me for not liking a song. Who's childish?

What did "Sure. What has Axl ever lost that wasn't 100% his fault?" have to do with 'This I Love'? You haven't been attacked for not liking a song, you've been attacked for being a cupcake.

I've been attacked for having opinion that differs from yours. Nintari told me I hadn't experienced loss. What the fuck does he know? Please leave my thread if you're not willing to discuss the topic.

If this song had anything to do with any of axl's past relationships then it was indeed 100%. It's well documented that he abused both his wife and Stephanie Seymour. I know more about loss than any of you would care to know. He got personal first.

Edited by David_Bowie

I hate this song with a passion and the first time I heard it I couldn't help but laugh and figured I would just skip when ever I listened to CD. Then GNR started the CD 3.4.6 tour and they were playing it live. I never thought in a million years Axl would play it live. It's by far the most cringe worthy song I've ever heard. What the fuck was axl thinking?

See, I don't think you really believe a word of this statement. Not really. I believe that you don't prefer the song, and don't enjor listening to it. But to think it "embarassing" and "cringe worthy"? Really?

I think you're trolling, sorry. I think you like making highly exaggerated statements for attention.

TIL does what so many songs fail to do, particularly in recent years. It beckons the ear to follow with each line of the breakdowns and chorus. Where is he going vocally? Can he get there? All of it over dynamic, yet smoothly integrated piano and guitars, simple yet beautiful. It's a gorgeous song, and listening to it live is better than the album version to me. It seems every time I check in here after a concert and a see a youtube of it, he performs it better, and I like it more.

Your ipod must be a dusty, lonely piece of equipment if your standard for what is embarassing musically is that low. Don't like the song? Fine. But don't make stupid statements, please. Thanks!

Ali

lolwat

I've been attacked for having opinion that differs from yours. Nintari told me I hadn't experienced loss. What the fuck does he know? Please leave my thread if you're not willing to discuss the topic.

If this song had anything to do with any of axl's past relationships then it was indeed 100%. It's well documented that he abused both his wife and Stephanie Seymour. I know more about loss than any of you would care to know. He got personal first.

Haha YOUR THREAD, go fuck yourself.

I don't think slash could do a fitting solo, robins seems almost perfect to me, and buckethead i guess might pull it off, but he has a lot of high eneregy in his playing which would be hard to tone down, same with slash.

The only solo slash has done for a ballad that i have liked is probably don't cry, all his other ones (both estranged, the nov rain finale, rocket queen) all have a high energy that wouldn't fit well with this love, though they are all fantastic. As for the first november rain solo, to me it just sounds flat out appaling, i only like it for the scene in the music video..lol (oh and KOHD is pretty good but again the second solo is very high powered)

I don't think slash could do a fitting solo, robins seems almost perfect to me, and buckethead i guess might pull it off, but he has a lot of high eneregy in his playing which would be hard to tone down, same with slash.

The only solo slash has done for a ballad that i have liked is probably don't cry, all his other ones (both estranged, the nov rain finale, rocket queen) all have a high energy that wouldn't fit well with this love, though they are all fantastic. As for the first november rain solo, to me it just sounds flat out appaling, i only like it for the scene in the music video..lol (oh and KOHD is pretty good but again the second solo is very high powered)

you kid yourself

Guest deleted_19765

I agree entirely with the OP. Also, you shouldn't have to know the story behind a song, or be able to relate to it, for it to be any good. There are so many songs that all of us like and cannot relate to that its ridiculous that I even have to say this. Let's just say that if I ever have my heart broken like he did, I hope a better song comes out of it.