I think This I Love is an embarrassment.

inthisriver

When I first heard the song, I kinda felt the same way as the original post......KINDA. I liked it, but I could feel the cheese in it. The first time I saw it performed live changed my opinion of this song greatly. I think anyone who listens to Axl sing this song live and still thinks it is shit it just someone bitter that slash isn't in it. Nothing but raw lyrical power live and you can see just how much Axl feels it when he sings it. It's fuckin awesome.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this song with a passion and the first time I heard it I couldn't help but laugh and figured I would just skip when ever I listened to CD. Then GNR started the CD 3.4.6 tour and they were playing it live. I never thought in a million years Axl would play it live. It's by far the most cringe worthy song I've ever heard. What the fuck was axl thinking?

I'd not want to hear it at a concert...

Obviously, you've never felt the depth of loss he has. If you had, you'd "get it".

Sure. What has Axl ever lost that wasn't 100% his fault?

What a fucking childish comment, what the fuck do you know about Axl's personal life? Ah, that's right - jack shit.

Agreed. Also, to prove what an idiotic comment that was, anyone who's ever endured abuse as a child is never to blame. Ever.

Ali

Lol, WHAT!?!? :rofl-lol:

My own feelings about the topic at hand were quite neatly handled here - http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=166111

i think this is an embarrassment

slash.jpg

(the album art... well ok the whole album too)

yeap. and what is that - REFNR ? isn' it to much "r" and "f" and "r' again, all it needed was "G", and there you'll have it!

and on the topic, who are you - the topic starter - again, to express in this manner - I think This I Love is an embarrassment ? are like, the co-writer of the song, or the producer of it, or some one who plays some of the instruments on this song, or a singer for that manner in any way?

since you are just another forum member, like I am...

from the start of it I though you made this topic just to get some more attention than the one you receive home, and from all the replays you got you've fulfill your desire to be number one. ok?! so, I think that keeping this topic here, still, is your secret wish that Axl will come along and replay here!

it ain't gonna happened! as you are just another, from the long list of complainers!

even if you were one of the praisers, still you'd be just another.

here is my suggestion: take this topic off, you've done it! you were king for a day. now go and be fool for a life time!

Guest gunns5

I think mods should be allowed to put "WARNING-cupcake BAIT" underneath every thread like this one.

Yeah Mods anything that isnt pro Axl is naturally cupcake bait.

from slashs album

' go listen to slash n fergies version of methamphetamine city

I hate this song with a passion and the first time I heard it I couldn't help but laugh and figured I would just skip when ever I listened to CD. Then GNR started the CD 3.4.6 tour and they were playing it live. I never thought in a million years Axl would play it live. It's by far the most cringe worthy song I've ever heard. What the fuck was axl thinking?

I see where your coming from. It’s def no hard-rock song. Come to think of it, Axl with his bright coloured jackets, shoes etc and the sound of Nu-GN’R is more a fusion of rock-pop-metal-techno-sort-off-mixed-up..

This I Love - The Robin Finck guitar work is the only good thing about it. The song sound more like something that should be played during a stage play, as part of a story.

slash.jpg

Why are you bringing up slash in this thread? Do you think I've purchased that trash or even downloaded it? Come on, Jackie. smh.

+1

What sort of prick brings Slash into the ‘This I Love’ equation?

Besides, the Slash album features some great songs, that receive much radio airplay.

I see where your coming from. It’s def no hard-rock song. Come to think of it, Axl with his bright coloured jackets, shoes etc and the sound of Nu-GN’R is more a fusion of rock-pop-metal-techno-sort-off-mixed-up..

This I Love - The Robin Finck guitar work is the only good thing about it. The song sound more like something that should be played during a stage play, as part of a story.

slash.jpg

Why are you bringing up slash in this thread? Do you think I've purchased that trash or even downloaded it? Come on, Jackie. smh.

+1

Besides, the Slash album features some great songs, that receive much radio airplay.

It has no great songs at all, it's the worst thing he's put his name on, and that's saying something, JK. But it does suck.

slash.jpg

to keep it in perspective.

the spirit of this thread is axl is an embarrassment.

well, lets keep things on an even keel.

dont want the slashites getting all high and mighty.

its all relative. many think axl is an embarrassment, yeah its true, but the same goes for slash so what the fuck ever people. :shrugs:

i agree, but its an appropriate response to "i think this i love is an embarrassment"

what sort of a prick starts a "i think this i love is an embarrassment" thread?

Edited by Jackie Moon

Guest gunns5

slash.jpg

to keep it in perspective.

the spirit of this thread is axl is an embarrassment.

well, lets keep things on an even keel.

dont want the slashites getting all high and mighty.

its all relative. many think axl is an embarrassment, yeah its true, but the same goes for slash so what the fuck ever people. :shrugs:

i agree, but its an appropriate response to "i think this i love is an embarrassment"

what sort of a prick starts a "i think this i love is an embarrassment" thread?

slash isnt an embarrassment he just likes to perform with super coolz artists like fergie and mexican trash, doing volkswagon/guitar hero/lending his name to anything that pays more than 1$ as well as partying with justin beber

nah, hes no embarrassment