I think This I Love is an embarrassment.

inthisriver

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the last time I had Estranged come up on my IPod at work, my coworker (who is also a fan) laughed and started singing the Dracula song from Saving Sarah Marshall.

I picture some deformed hunch-back type creature, a slave in an isolated building that see's little day-light, singing about its only love.

This I Love is a trainwreck. It's artificial, sappy, and overtly theatrical. It just takes that one special element from the previous trilogy of ballads that makes them great and completely drives it into the ground.

The song has some potential if Axl wasn't surrounded by yes-men, and had someone whispering "Yo, reel it back Mr. Rose, this isn't a goddamn french opera" it would have been a lot more listenable. I don't usually bring up Slash in the context of Chinese Democracy, but this is a song that could have definitely used some of his magic.

If I do listen to this song, it's by accident, in a sealed room. Otherwise if anyone hears it, I get looked at like the same way I do when I get caught watching Twilight.

This I Love released as a single would open a lot of eyes; the song would be laughed off the air in no time.

Please get off slash's cock its amazing song

This I Love is a trainwreck. It's artificial, sappy, and overtly theatrical. It just takes that one special element from the previous trilogy of ballads that makes them great and completely drives it into the ground.

The song has some potential if Axl wasn't surrounded by yes-men, and had someone whispering "Yo, reel it back Mr. Rose, this isn't a goddamn french opera" it would have been a lot more listenable. I don't usually bring up Slash in the context of Chinese Democracy, but this is a song that could have definitely used some of his magic.

If I do listen to this song, it's by accident, in a sealed room. Otherwise if anyone hears it, I get looked at like the same way I do when I get caught watching Twilight.

This I Love released as a single would open a lot of eyes; the song would be laughed off the air in no time.

He said so he could deepthroat it..

The song...While the music is top shelf the lyrics are the stuff of pussywhinerville..a good theme song for the Twilight series and appeals to tween girls who have had a devastating heartbreak "drama"

The lyric "now i dont know why she wouldnt say goodbye" placed next to "turn around bitch I got a use for you" seems..sniffle and boohoo..weak and then next to... "Im only 28 and much to young to let love break my heart" even moreso.

The song...While the music is top shelf the lyrics are the stuff of pussywhinerville..a good theme song for the Twilight series and appeals to tween girls who have had a devastating heartbreak "drama"

The lyric "now i dont know why she wouldnt say goodbye" placed next to "turn around bitch I got a use for you" seems..sniffle and boohoo..weak and then next to... "Im only 28 and much to young to let love break my heart" even moreso.

See..some of us men, we get to a point in our lives where we no longer feel the need to hide behind fake bravado. Every single guy in here has at one time or another, felt a certain way. The difference is, only a few of us will admit and express it. The rest prefer to put up a macho front because in their minds, Jr. High School will never end.

See..some of us men, we get to a point in our lives where we no longer feel the need to hide behind fake bravado. Every single guy in here has at one time or another, felt a certain way. The difference is, only a few of us will admit and express it. The rest prefer to put up a macho front because in their minds, Jr. High School will never end.

win post.

And these same people hate songs like oh my god and silkworms.

fuck em

To me it's like a pocket sized Nov Rain. The full spectrum of emotions, going to extremes isn't this what's it's all about? I think they nailed that emotion so well that you can feel that even if u never experienced it. Works really well on the album. Feel the low, then punch the air on prostitute.

To me it's like a pocket sized Nov Rain. The full spectrum of emotions, going to extremes isn't this what's it's all about? I think they nailed that emotion so well that you can feel that even if u never experienced it. Works really well on the album. Feel the low, then punch the air on prostitute.

Ironic tracklist in the way the songs appear on the album,

This i love prostitute lol

but I think this i love is a great song, as you said a 'pocket version' of NR, a more condensed and accessible song in my opinion. On face value it appears to be a 'simple' song, unlike catcher or prostitute, but it has many layers of emotions to it, the majority of which appear throughout the solo and orchestra arrangements.

I hate this song with a passion and the first time I heard it I couldn't help but laugh and figured I would just skip when ever I listened to CD. Then GNR started the CD 3.4.6 tour and they were playing it live. I never thought in a million years Axl would play it live. It's by far the most cringe worthy song I've ever heard. What the fuck was axl thinking?

I'm thinkin' your a fkn idiot, who wouldn't know a good song if it splattered on your face, you are cringe-worthy as well as tone deaf, insensitive,and it's real easy to knock somone.*s efforts from behind ur puter keys,how many songs have u written? and your signature is more relevant and revealing than you probly meant it ta be,so suck on that behind your cyber safety net

Finck's solo killed this song.

It needed Slash or at least Buckethead to make it work.

I think Robin's input is the only good thing about the song, and that's coming from a Slash fan.

Edited by star

I think you need to have some personal experience of having your heart ripped out of your chest to undestand this songs magic because this i love captures the sound of a breaking heart perfectly. great song

Like there isn't a billion of those already, that song says nothing that a tune from Celine Dion, Barbara Streisand or any number of country artist doesn't say as well, or much better.

Besides, the last thing this world needs is another silly love song.

That was so deep, guys. You're all really in touch with your sensitive side and I can't even begin to contemplate those vast array of emotions; I just know fuck, money, blood, and "stop, she said no". They way you contrasted the emotional complexity of "now i dont know why she wouldn't say goodbye" versus drab and corny lyrics of Estranged's "Im only 28 and much to young to let love break my heart"... ditto.

Oh yeah, real mature implying I suck cock and my emotional growth stunted in middle school.

November Rain makes me want to parade around town in a manic state drunk with love professing my infatuation to my girlfriend and everyone around, with my shirt off.

This I Love makes me want to masturbate with the lubrication of my own tears of depression and self-loathing.

Edited by AbominableHoman