I think This I Love is an embarrassment.

inthisriver

slash isnt an embarrassment he just likes to perform with super coolz artists like fergie and mexican trash, doing volkswagon/guitar hero/lending his name to anything that pays more than 1$ as well as partying with justin beber

nah, hes no embarrassment

haha, $1.

He was with Justin Bieber!!! :crazy: Slash!!! Why!

We've lost our Slash.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this song with a passion and the first time I heard it I couldn't help but laugh and figured I would just skip when ever I listened to CD. Then GNR started the CD 3.4.6 tour and they were playing it live. I never thought in a million years Axl would play it live. It's by far the most cringe worthy song I've ever heard. What the fuck was axl thinking?

I see where your coming from. It’s def no hard-rock song. Come to think of it, Axl with his bright coloured jackets, shoes etc and the sound of Nu-GN’R is more a fusion of rock-pop-metal-techno-sort-off-mixed-up..

This I Love - The Robin Finck guitar work is the only good thing about it. The song sound more like something that should be played during a stage play, as part of a story.

i think this is an embarrassment

slash.jpg

(the album art... well ok the whole album too)

Why are you bringing up slash in this thread? Do you think I've purchased that trash or even downloaded it? Come on, Jackie. smh.

+1

What sort of prick brings Slash into the ‘This I Love’ equation?

Besides, the Slash album features some great songs, that receive much radio airplay.

It has no great songs at all, it's the worst thing he's put his name on, and that's saying something, JK. But it does suck.

So, how much LSD did your mother take during her pregnancy again?

Maybe the mods could delete all reply's that mention Slash.

If you want to talk about Slash goto the section 'Former Gunners'. It's really not so difficult, is it?

But we’re talking about embarrassments, and we are giving our examples of embarrassments…We are just comparing.

If you want to talk about Slash goto the section 'Former Gunners'. It's really not so difficult, is it?

But we’re talking about embarrassments, and we are giving our examples of embarrassments…We are just comparing.

:rofl-lol: true true :thumbsup:

I like This I love. Sure it's cheesy, but you can feel Axl's emtoion to whoever he's singing about. The song os probably one of the best vocally on the album. Fincks solo is also good on it.

They always do a really good job playing it live.

And to the OP, forgive Axl for making a song about lost love. I guess you think "were all gonna die, so let's get high," is better.

Topic: 'This I Love is an embarrassment'

..and that means the whole thread is about anything anybody considers embarrassing GN'R related or not? - Oh, ok..

There's nothing embarrassing about the Slash album. It's great.

Check out

:thumbsup:

Its better than anything that can be found on the average Chinese Democracy :D

I hate this song with a passion and the first time I heard it I couldn't help but laugh and figured I would just skip when ever I listened to CD. Then GNR started the CD 3.4.6 tour and they were playing it live. I never thought in a million years Axl would play it live. It's by far the most cringe worthy song I've ever heard. What the fuck was axl thinking?

Idiot

..and that means the whole thread is about anything anybody considers embarrassing GN'R related or not? - Oh, ok..

Check out

Haha, you're hilarious. Back from Cali, LOL. It sounds like Nickelback, are you sure your a Guns N Roses fan?

Edited by axl8302

Check out

Haha, you're hilarious. Back from Cali, LOL. It sounds like Nickelback, are you sure your a Guns N Roses fan?

Ok kids settle down :rolleyes:

Anyway, This I Love is a great song. Chessy? Maybe a little, but nonetheless you can still feel the emotion Axl is putting into the song and the guitar solo is fantastic. I especially love the live versions from the later dates on this tour

I'm sure I read somewhere that Axl had to be talked into including 'This I Love' on Chinese Democracy.

Maybe he was a bit embarrassed by it?

Pretty sure this was in the chats, he said something along the lines of he didn't want it on there but tommy and robin and someone else (cant remember) talked him into it, but he didn't want it there... i dont remember the exact reason but i wanna say its something like 'its his' song and no-one else's, whereas everyone else contributed to the other songs....

Wow I can't even bare to read this thread. This I Love is one of the best things Axl has ever put together! and I better leave this thread and forget I even saw it. People at this board just make me shake me head.

Wow I can't even bare to read this thread. This I Love is one of the best things Axl has ever put together! and I better leave this thread and forget I even saw it. People at this board just make me shake me head.

Yeah, that's cool. I want to clarify and make sure people realize I don't have a problem with them liking the song. I just can't stand it. I think it's overblown and just silly. But I under stand everyone has their own taste and what not.

I think your an embarrassment to all the cupcakes on here !

I think your an embarrassment to all the cupcakes on here !

I'm not a cupcake, i'm just willing to discuss and express and unpopular opinion. Why does it bother you so much?

Guest gunns5

this i love isnt an embarrassment, what is an embarrassment is that fucked up paradise city version with fergie

what the fuck is slash thinking

this i love isnt an embarrassment, what is an embarrassment is that fucked up paradise city version with fergie

what the fuck is slash thinking

Dude, I've never even listened to it. I can say with confidence that most of what Slash does now a days is an embarrassment. Remember the Volkswagen commercials from a few years ago, the fergie thing and a endless list of other strange collaborations. That's not what this topic is about but I'm not going to deny that he's a joke at this point.

Check out

Hypocrite.