DUFF MCKAGAN on stage with Guns

GNR 1991

Guest RonMexico82

Axl and Duff are beaming onstage. That speaks volumes.

Old friends that have fallen out with each other often say very harsh things because they are hurt. Yet when they come face to face a lot of that tough talk and bitterness just melts away.

Life is too short to be fighting with old friends.

I bet both Axl and Duff feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off their shoulders.

It would be great for them all if one day they could get together in a room and put the past behind them.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not just saying it, but honestly, that performance of YCBM is probably one of the best I've seen in ages. There's just something about it - you can feel the chemistry immediately. Axl even looks and sound better. One thing I immediately noticed is that he just looked and sounded more...energetic. His voice wasn't getting drowned out as much as it often does, either. It's weird but true.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Guest RonMexico82

I'm not just saying it, but honestly, that performance of YCBM is probably one of the best I've seen in ages. There's just something about it - you can feel the chemistry immediately. Axl even looks and sound better. One thing I immediately noticed is that he just looked and sounded more...energetic. His voice wasn't getting drowned out as much as it often does, either. It's weird but true.

+1

This is in no way a dig at the current line-up but there is a chemistry between the old members that can never be duplicated.

I agree, that performance of YCBM was really good. Axl sounded great and just see Duff and Axl on stage is just unbelievable.

I hope we see Duff on stage with them more, maybe sing Attitue or something.

Are you really suggesting that this is Duff's bassline that is driving the song into hard rock heaven ?

The performance is great because everyone, including Duff, is 100% in it...and it looks better because you like the fact that these two are sharing the same stage.

I mean...you can't even hear Duff's bass in that video :rolleyes:

Are you really suggesting that this is Duff's bassline that is driving the song into hard rock heaven ?

The performance is great because everyone, including Duff, is 100% in it...and it looks better because you like the fact that these two are sharing the same stage.

I mean...you can't even hear Duff's bass in that video :rolleyes:

I've seen the new band in 02 twice in 06 (including hammersmith) for me that was the best YCBM I have seen the nu-band do?

Clearly the guitar parts had changed too and are now closer to the orginal, whcih prolly helps explain why I like it. I also agree the mixing was better and being able to clearly hear Axl was a major boon.

You can hear Duff's base line in the audio (in as much as you can hear anything the audio overall is poor) but I'm tellin ya live it was senational!!

Cool. We still need Slash though.

He's to busy playing with Fergie and Rihanna to try and stay relevent to the times. Before we know it, he'll be playing with Justin Beiber.

Sad to think in a way, Izzy and Duff has rekindled their relationship with Axl, Steven is still palying rock songs in small venues, but Slash has to play with current pop acts and have a cringeworthy performance on the VMA's. He is a prostitute of himself, living in fortune and shame.

Give it up, Slash on stage will be a 100% shock and is the most impossible thing to happen. If Slash and Axl ever shared the stage together, it would be a blessing. I just don't see it happening, ever. Axl said, "one of them will die before they reunion." What more do you need.

He's to busy playing with Fergie and Rihanna to try and stay relevent to the times. Before we know it, he'll be playing with Justin Beiber.

Sad to think in a way, Izzy and Duff has rekindled their relationship with Axl, Steven is still palying rock songs in small venues, but Slash has to play with current pop acts and have a cringeworthy performance on the VMA's. He is a prostitute of himself, living in fortune and shame.

Give it up, Slash on stage will be a 100% shock and is the most impossible thing to happen. If Slash and Axl ever shared the stage together, it would be a blessing. I just don't see it happening, ever. Axl said, "one of them will die before they reunion." What more do you need.

There actually were a picture taken of Slash and Justin Beiber recently. I saw it on Twitter

There actually were a picture taken of Slash and Justin Beiber recently. I saw it on Twitter

Well, that didn't take long.

Justin-meets-Slash-justin-bieber-14227265-594-395.jpg

Justin-meets-Slash-justin-bieber-14227265-594-395.jpg

:(:no:

Well, that didn't take long.

Here's the picture

Slash & Justin Beiber

What the... seriously some people need to get their heads on straight.

First - Duff is awesome, deserves a ton of respect. Much like Izzy, he left the band on terms that were not brutal per se. You have to figure, when Axl said in 2008 he'd be open to working with him, that this was the case, or he never would have considered it.

Now... some of the comments in here?

Ditch Tommy? No fucking way. Both spent 12 years in GN'R and Duff has other projects - VR apparently, Loaded, his column... Tommy's stuck with the band through some serious shit. You want to bring Duff out like Izzy, fine, have two bassists and alternate songs? Maybe that, otherwise... let this be a special guest thing. Which is all it's going to be.

Azoff is genius? Really SunnyDRE? What did he do that led to this? He's no longer the band's manager and will miss out on all of the revenue post-South America, and that's IF he wins his lawsuit, and rest assured Axl's unlikely to ever work with him again.

Nor should you all even think reunion.

Much like Izzy, this is a cool thing for the fans, period.

And what's this about "the end of the tour" - this tour ain't over folks! Australia in December, and I'd put money on more to come. With the current lineup.

I'd love to see Loaded as an opener with a few songs with Duff for old time's sake mind you. That's about it.

great post.