Your concerts in 2011

Powerage5

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Rush on my birthday (June 20th). I'm gonna see Judas Priest, BLAZE and Yngwie Malmsteen (twice) later this year. If the price goes down, I might see Dir en grey in December, but it's pretty unlikely,

I hate you guys for seeing Iron Maiden. :P I can't afford to travel and they didn't come to California this year.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill

wow i don't think that there's ANY band whom i would fly to go see. I might follow a band around the the nyc-philly area (as I've done with godspeed you black emperor), but even them i would never fly any where to go see.

tonight i'm going to see a weird and awesome band Six Organs of Admittance.

I saw Rush on my birthday (June 20th). I'm gonna see Judas Priest, BLAZE and Yngwie Malmsteen (twice) later this year. If the price goes down, I might see Dir en grey in December, but it's pretty unlikely,

I hate you guys for seeing Iron Maiden. :P I can't afford to travel and they didn't come to California this year.

May/June, next year. That's all I can say right now ;)

wow i don't think that there's ANY band whom i would fly to go see. I might follow a band around the the nyc-philly area (as I've done with godspeed you black emperor), but even them i would never fly any where to go see.

tonight i'm going to see a weird and awesome band Six Organs of Admittance.

Before I started doing it for Maiden, I thought I might be a little crazy, but it's honestly the most fun I've ever had doing it. The UK was my third flying trip to see them, and it honestly gets more fun each time. I guess what keeps me doing it is with Maiden, they've got such a close-knit fanbase, and going to Europe for some shows is the only time I get each year to catch up with close friends I've made in prior travels.

The rumours are true then?

Some rumors are true, I can't say much, because I was asked not to. All I know is there's a major North American tour (Later than originally rumored), and a handful of shows elsewhere in the world, from what I understand it sounds like no Europe at all next year. I also know what the tour will be (Though I'm not going to say, as I was asked not to share any specific details with anyone). I also know that the band has, for all intents and purposes, essentially booked all shows between now and the end of 2014. 2014 will,from what I understand, be an EXTREMELY special tour (Again, can't say anything specific, but I'll say it's a history tour, and it will certainly be the most exciting one yet!).

Sorry if all that sounds a little vague (Or fake), but I was told all this by a member of their crew who was staying in our hotel in London, and I wish to respect the fact that he asked me not to share any details with anyone ;)

Edited by Powerage5

Some rumors are true, I can't say much, because I was asked not to. All I know is there's a major North American tour (Later than originally rumored), and a handful of shows elsewhere in the world, from what I understand it sounds like no Europe at all next year. I also know what the tour will be (Though I'm not going to say, as I was asked not to share any specific details with anyone). I also know that the band has, for all intents and purposes, essentially booked all shows between now and the end of 2014. 2014 will,from what I understand, be an EXTREMELY special tour (Again, can't say anything specific, but I'll say it's a history tour, and it will certainly be the most exciting one yet!).

Sorry if all that sounds a little vague (Or fake), but I was told all this by a member of their crew who was staying in our hotel in London, and I wish to respect the fact that he asked me not to share any details with anyone ;)

Exciting stuff!

As long as they do another proper UK tour like this one, I'll be happy!

(That's the one thing that really annoyed me about the SBIT and 2010 leg of TFF tours, just one UK gig for each, fortunately I got to Twickenham Stadium in 2008 but couldn't get to Sonisphere last year. You'd think with the SBIT tour, they'd play at least a few gigs in the country where they started off in and the albums they were touring had initial success )

I'm flying to Reading and Leeds to see Muse play Origins of Symmetry in full. Muse are incredible live, and I hope they make this worth while again.

I'd love to see that show, but I'm still pissed that they're making a big deal about just not playing that album again.

Really? :D Well, looks like I'm seeing Maiden in May/June next year then, for sure. The only thing I didn't like about this year's setlist was the lack of Starblind and, to a lesser extent, the lack of Isle of Avalon. But at least The Evil That Men Do is back in the setlist.

If next year is TFF brought to North America, I'll be happy. If next year is Maiden England rehashed, I'll be equally happy. Maiden England has by far my favorite setlist from any band. SSOASS is my favorite Maiden album. :)

Really? :D Well, looks like I'm seeing Maiden in May/June next year then, for sure. The only thing I didn't like about this year's setlist was the lack of Starblind and, to a lesser extent, the lack of Isle of Avalon. But at least The Evil That Men Do is back in the setlist.

If next year is TFF brought to North America, I'll be happy. If next year is Maiden England rehashed, I'll be equally happy. Maiden England has by far my favorite setlist from any band. SSOASS is my favorite Maiden album. :)

I've got the original Maiden England VHS and the limited edition CD, it is an amazing show, can't wait for the DVD release, it's one of my favourite Maiden shows, just behind Rock In Rio 2001

Was a shame to not have Starblind or Isle Of Avalon in the setlist, those two are some of my favourites from TFF, but to be fair I couldn't see them wrking live as well as the others did. As it was, the setlist was great, we got a god number of songs from the post 1999 albums which i was happy with, I just wished they did Brave New World, if they threw that it there, it would have been perfect. (Anther reason i'm gutted i missed them in 2010).

But anyway, roll on the next tour!

Exciting stuff!

As long as they do another proper UK tour like this one, I'll be happy!

(That's the one thing that really annoyed me about the SBIT and 2010 leg of TFF tours, just one UK gig for each, fortunately I got to Twickenham Stadium in 2008 but couldn't get to Sonisphere last year. You'd think with the SBIT tour, they'd play at least a few gigs in the country where they started off in and the albums they were touring had initial success )

Traditionally, they only do a proper UK tour on new album tours. Give Me Ed, Early Days, Somewhere Back In Time, TFF 2010, all had only one UK show. The Ed Hunter Tour didn't even have one show.

I've got the original Maiden England VHS and the limited edition CD, it is an amazing show, can't wait for the DVD release, it's one of my favourite Maiden shows, just behind Rock In Rio 2001

Was a shame to not have Starblind or Isle Of Avalon in the setlist, those two are some of my favourites from TFF, but to be fair I couldn't see them wrking live as well as the others did. As it was, the setlist was great, we got a god number of songs from the post 1999 albums which i was happy with, I just wished they did Brave New World, if they threw that it there, it would have been perfect. (Anther reason i'm gutted i missed them in 2010).

But anyway, roll on the next tour!

I think Isle Of Avalon could have sounded great live, but the 7/4 section in the middle would have been a beast to nail every night I imagine. The TFF song I'm really crushed they never played, especially since they supposedly rehearsed it for the tour, is Mother Of Mercy.

I think Isle Of Avalon could have sounded great live, but the 7/4 section in the middle would have been a beast to nail every night I imagine. The TFF song I'm really crushed they never played, especially since they supposedly rehearsed it for the tour, is Mother Of Mercy.

Yeah I think Mother of Mercy would have worked fairly well live. Didn't realise they had rehearsed it thought! Really the whole first half of the album would have worked well live, (though i'm not all that keen on The Alchemist).

I was so glad to see Dance of Death and Blood Brothers live, never thought I'd be get to see either of those performed. I know a lot of people on the maiden forums moan about the setlist, but I think since 05 the've always been solid. Stuff from the first 4 albums exclusively in 05, the whole of AMOLAD in 06 (Sucks I wasn't into Maiden at this point, would hve loved to see that album live), some rare gems from the 80's in 08-09 (Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Moonchid, Powerslave and Heaven Can Wait - need I say more?), and then lots of reunion stuff in 10-11. Really, it seems the only live guarantees these days are Hallowed Be Thy Name, Number Of The Beast, Fear Of The Dark and Iron Maiden

Yeah I think Mother of Mercy would have worked fairly well live. Didn't realise they had rehearsed it thought! Really the whole first half of the album would have worked well live, (though i'm not all that keen on The Alchemist).

I was so glad to see Dance of Death and Blood Brothers live, never thought I'd be get to see either of those performed. I know a lot of people on the maiden forums moan about the setlist, but I think since 05 the've always been solid. Stuff from the first 4 albums exclusively in 05, the whole of AMOLAD in 06 (Sucks I wasn't into Maiden at this point, would hve loved to see that album live), some rare gems from the 80's in 08-09 (Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Moonchid, Powerslave and Heaven Can Wait - need I say more?), and then lots of reunion stuff in 10-11. Really, it seems the only live guarantees these days are Hallowed Be Thy Name, Number Of The Beast, Fear Of The Dark and Iron Maiden

Yep, they tried Mother Of Mercy in rehearsals in January but opted not to play it for unknown reasons (Judging by Bruce's inconsistency on The Talisman, I'd guess due to how demanding MOM is as well). The only songs I really think would have been a mess live are Starblind and The Man Who Would Be King. Blood Brothers is always spectacular live, I truly hope they keep playing it as it's become one of my absolute favorites live. Dance Of Death I've got mixed feelings on; I was always bummed that they dropped Paschendale (Which is in my top 5 Maiden songs) for it last year, so I've always been a bit biased against it I suppose. I can admit it's a great live song, and MUCH better than on the album or how they played it in '03, but I've gotta say...after seeing it 13 times between last year and this year, it's become a bit stale.

I'll certainly agree overall on setlists however; the last setlist I'd really say was lacking was the Dance Of Death Tour. Early Days had lots of surprises (Really gutted I only saw an Ozzfest show with the shortened set!), AMOLAD was great for die-hard fans and fans of the new album, and both TFF sets were great. I'd say SBIT had a solid setlist still, but I know a lot of people were just disappointed by the lack of surprises in it. The only real "surprise" was Moonchild; Revelations had become fairly regular over the last few years, Heaven Can Wait was spoiled by the HCW contest for the fan club, and Aces High, Powerslave and Rime Of The Ancient Mariner were all give-ins for such a tour. Despite that, it really was one of their strongest setlists still.

Yep, they tried Mother Of Mercy in rehearsals in January but opted not to play it for unknown reasons (Judging by Bruce's inconsistency on The Talisman, I'd guess due to how demanding MOM is as well). The only songs I really think would have been a mess live are Starblind and The Man Who Would Be King. Blood Brothers is always spectacular live, I truly hope they keep playing it as it's become one of my absolute favorites live. Dance Of Death I've got mixed feelings on; I was always bummed that they dropped Paschendale (Which is in my top 5 Maiden songs) for it last year, so I've always been a bit biased against it I suppose. I can admit it's a great live song, and MUCH better than on the album or how they played it in '03, but I've gotta say...after seeing it 13 times between last year and this year, it's become a bit stale.

I'll certainly agree overall on setlists however; the last setlist I'd really say was lacking was the Dance Of Death Tour. Early Days had lots of surprises (Really gutted I only saw an Ozzfest show with the shortened set!), AMOLAD was great for die-hard fans and fans of the new album, and both TFF sets were great. I'd say SBIT had a solid setlist still, but I know a lot of people were just disappointed by the lack of surprises in it. The only real "surprise" was Moonchild; Revelations had become fairly regular over the last few years, Heaven Can Wait was spoiled by the HCW contest for the fan club, and Aces High, Powerslave and Rime Of The Ancient Mariner were all give-ins for such a tour. Despite that, it really was one of their strongest setlists still.

Yeah I was disappointed they dropped Pascendale too, but Dance of Death was a decent one to have in its place, I thought. However watching the Death On The Road DVD really makes me miss Paschendale, it was a fantastic performance. (That version of Journeyman kicked arse too). I was also amazed to see Brighter Than A Thousand Suns in the Dallas setlist last year...Paschendale and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns in the same setlist = ultimate setlist. Gotta say that Dance Of Death tour/DVD is great to watch for the theatrics alone. (Alas I didn't get into Maiden until 2007, and would have been too young to get to see them in 03 anyway)

Yeah Ozzfest must have been weird, to see them not as the headline act. Speaking of that I was actually watching some clips of the final Ozzfest show when the shit with Sharon went down. I was impressed by Bruce and the band saying that no matter what they were gonna complete their 55 minute slot! (Made me wonder what Axl would have done in that situation too, lol). SBIT was indeed awesome, as it was my first Maiden show too, it was the ultimate set for a first gig.

Edited by seely

At the Maiden concert I went to last year, they did Paschendale instead of Dance Of Death. People always say it was dropped because they kept screwing it up, but I didn't hear any mistakes.

But I think Dance Of Death is a great live song. I haven't seen it yet personally, but I hopefully will soon.

My first Maiden concert was SBIT, too, It's where I fell in love with Rime, Revelations and Moonchild.

Judas Priest on the 22nd in November.

Priest was amazing when I saw them in June!

So badly want to see those guys, even if they don't have KK now. Was meant to see them at Nottingham Arena in 2009 but they cancelled and I couldn't make the other dates due to college, and this year couldn't afford to go as I was going to Maiden at the same time Priest were here. So I really hope they do a few more UK gigs before the tour ends, as god only knows what/when/where they'll play in the future, as this is the final full tour.

At the Maiden concert I went to last year, they did Paschendale instead of Dance Of Death. People always say it was dropped because they kept screwing it up, but I didn't hear any mistakes.

But I think Dance Of Death is a great live song. I haven't seen it yet personally, but I hopefully will soon.

My first Maiden concert was SBIT, too, It's where I fell in love with Rime, Revelations and Moonchild.

Very jealous! I've also heard people complain about how loose Paschendale was last year, but I've yet to hear a recording from last year when it wasn't great. I haven't heard it personally...but supposedly Brighter Than A Thousand Suns was a mess last year. If it's true, then it's a shame, as it was really great in '06.

Smashing Pumpkins are going on tour soon in a couple months. http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/

pumpkinstour.jpg

I'll probably hit up the DC date, and depending on prices, and if I can get anyone interested to go with me, maybe the last date in Philly.

I saw them play the tower in 07. I caught the third night when they played an acoustic set before the electric. It was pretty good but I was more impressed with the opening band, Explosions in the Sky.